Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Kathy - you look awesome! Oh - just curious. Are you going to let anyone know, if -let me rephrase - when you are hired, about LB? I really don't know if I would if I hadn't already been working and they knew about the surgery and why I was out. I'm not ashamed of being banded - I think they wonder why I'm not losing as fast as they "think" I should. People have quit commenting and asking how much I have lost. I just get tired of all the quesitons I've been the same size for a couple of months now...just rambling thoughts here.

Kathy you look amazing!! With that red jacket, they would be crazy not to hire you!!

I just finished 5K at the track. It was hot. I waked/ran it in 33:58 minutes. That's a far cry from 29, but I know I can't expect to do that everytime. Also, DS was with me. We did very well.

I am going to try to post the link from Nike+ of my run today. I know I am going on and on about this, but it is just way too cool. If you go to nikeplus.com see if you can look me up. My user name is Renewedhope. Here is the link of my run...

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=runners,runs,339670081,runID,1614227165

Leslie... Thanks! No I have no plans to let people know about my LB. I only told 2 people at my last place... my friend and my boss. Both were very helpful and discreat. I decided I didn't need the pressure of people asking all the time, or judging. So when I had the surgery I told people it was to fix my hiatal hernia... same general surgery style and recovery time... worked for me. Then when I started losing weight, it was slow so no one noticed right away... then I left there at the end of March. I ran into someone last week from there and they couldn't believe how good I looked.

At this place, there's really no reason to tell them. They'll see the new smaller me, and I'm almost 2/3 of the way to goal, so the rest is just gravy. I'm sure people will notice, but this will be easy to handle without a lot of questions.

BTW, I did tell one of the interviewers that I'm a runner!!!! She was impressed! LOL.

Renewed... I was able to follow your link to your Nike+ run details. That is cool. Does the graph show your pace/speed, so when its rising its a faster pace and lower is slower? How do I read this, other than just to look at it and say - WOW!

Yes, when it is higher that is when I am running. You can roll your mouse over the little dots and that tells you what pace I ran that kilometer at. Then you can also click on details beside my username and see the details of my run. Total run time, average mile, etc. As you can see I ran longer in the beginning and then pretty much did intervals the rest of the time. My goal is to work back up to sustained running for longer. SInce moving to the outside heat and hills I have done more interval training than true distance. I still get the distance in but this graph will help me to stretch out those runs again. Pretty cool, huh?

Renewed... that IS cool. What a way to help you train. Now you'll know all the details of speed, time and distance when it happens. Cool!

Ther eis so much more to it that I haven't figured out yet. Training, goal setting, coaching, music downloads. I am just getting started, and am not real computer literate. It may take me years to figue it all out. I bought a bodybugg months back and hardly use it because it is bulky, and the subscription is $15 a month. This was $30 plus the shoes and there is no monthly subscription. It is most amazing. I am definately hooked. Now what to do with this $300+ bodybugg. If I sell it teh purchaser would have to pay over $100 to set up an account with bodybugg. I don't know. maybe my mom can use it (she was banded on Monday).

Lyn~ Good luck!! I said a prayer for you.

Kathy~ You can't hear me, but I'm trying my best to whistle at you, lol. It's sad, but I've never been able to whistle. You look AMAZING!! Love the red, it really suits you.

Renewed~ Very cool! I have to have the nike+ system. I've even got DH interested in how it works. Gotta love that he's a gadget freak, lol!

Leslie~ I agree. They could have been climbing and hiking like crazy. I'm not really sure who my favorite is yet. I like Heba but I'm not sure about her hubby yet. I don't like the brown team right now. I don't really have a reason, just that he seems like he can be a butt! I like the yellow girl, Colleen I think (?). I don't know who's gonna win, but I do love the show!!

Georgia... I heard a beautiful whistle... thanks! LOL.

Renewed... when you started talking about the Nike+, I just assumed it was expensive. I had no idea it was so inexpensive. I checked online at my Running Room store... its only $39 here (everything is more expensive in Canada). Heck, I could probably afford that soon!

I guess I am hyper today, but here are pics of my dear fam his weekend at the land. Do I not have 3 of the most beautiful guys you have ever seen. DH is especially a hottie. LOL. And yes, kathy, that is THE 4wheeler that we are sitting on. Maybe that's why we are grinning so big. :)

jpg.gifjpg.gif

post-225179-13813137676542_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137676766_thumb.jpg

Kathy, I love mine. I thought it was pretty inexpensive too. You have to have an ipod to hook it up to, or you can purchase a wristband. I think it is $50 something. Also, I have heard that you don't have to have Nike+ shoes, but I don't know. I paid 117.00 for my shoes and the nike+. I needed new running shoes.

I am struggling big time.

This thread is always so upbeat and positive and you all are doing so amazing. I hate to be such a downer, but I really need some advice/help.

I seem to have lost all motivation. I'd give anything to back in July again right now. I felt amazing when I was running and eating right. I dont know how I can get myself back to that. For starters, I don't even have the time anymore. I am working 5 days a week again and my typical day starts at 4:45 am to get myself and my girls ready and make it to work on time. I get home about 4:45 in the evening just in time to make dinner and spend a few minutes with my girls before baths and bed. Then I have to do all the housework stuff. My husband is absolutely no help with anything still. He is feeling miserable and doesn't even get up out of bed for more then about 20 minutes at a time. By the time I am done doing all the things I have to do it is between 8 and 9 and I'm completely exhausted. Some nights I find the energy to pop in one of my Jillian Michaels videos, but mostly I am just too pooped. On my days off from work, I usually have to run my husband to at least one appointment, run errands, grocery shop, etc. Again, I'm always exhausted after running around all day and don't find the energy to work out.

My husband and I visited a psychologist yesterday to help us get through this whole ordeal. Make sense of this.... she was more concerned about me then him. She thinks I need an antidepressant. I'm blown away right now. I'm torn. I'm confused. Grrrrrr.... I dunno. I just need my husband back, not an antidepressant. Or, do I need it? *sigh* How do people who suffer much worse hardships then what I'm dealing with do it?

Like I said, I hate to be such a downer. I just have no one to turn to for an opinion right now. I still have 50 pounds to lose. I didn't start this journey to make it 2/3 of the way and quit. I just can't seem to figure out how to finish. I think I lost 1 pound during the entire month of September. I'm not eating like I'm supposed to either. Any thoughts or suggestions from my favorite group of ladies online would be very welcomed right now.

Renee

Renewed... Your guys are gorgeouse! DH is a hottie for sure! Your little guy looks so much like you! LOL, I know he's adopted... looks like we both have the same situation. My bio DS looks like my DH and by adopted DD looks like me!!! Ok... nice 4-wheeler!!!! LOLLOLLOL

Ok, I went to the Nike store at the mall tonight as I had to take my DD to get her glasses fixed and it's just across the hall. I checked out the Nike+. I can only get the adaptor for attaching it to the shoelaces in the U.S. as they don't sell them in Canada. And, if you wear it on the shoelaces it is not as accurate... loses about 10% accuracy per km... which could be a lot. I have the iPod Nano, but not the Nike shoes and really don't need a new pair yet. So, it'll have to wait until I do need new shoes. Maybe Christmas time??

BTW, I've registered for the Resolution Run which is on New Years Eve. Its a 5k. DH and I are going to run it together.