Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I am struggling big time...

Mamato... I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have to state the obviouse. With your schedule, you really don't have time for anything but surviving right now. Based on what you've said, if you tried to exercise in any big way, you'd probably keel over from pure exhaustion. Having said that... here's a few suggestions:

Do you have any family or friends that could take the girls for a few hours at a time a few times a week. They could maybe pick them up and give them dinner. That way you could have a couple of evenings free for yourself. On those nights get your DH to make his own dinner. Then you'd be free to do your own thing... exercise or whatever.

If you don't have people to rely on, maybe hire a babysitter?? We are looking into respite care for our kids, as they are both disabled so we can qualify for assistance. Maybe a respite program exists due to your DH's illness?? These can be difficult to find, but often are available if you search for it. That is my biggest advice... find a bit of help wherever you can to give you some time off, and during that time... make it about you, not your DH or housework or anything else. During this time... recharge your batteries.

My personal viewpoint on antidepressants is no. You know your situation is being caused by a specific issue. Antidepressants won't take that problem away, but finding a bit of help might make it easier to cope.

Most of all... don't beat yourself up. If you stress eat, ok. We all do and did. Forgive yourself... we all do! The band will help you stop the stress eating when it gets to be too much. Let it help you. When you're feeling a bit less overwhelmed your eating will get back in check!

I'm sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way! Hang in there and don't lose yourself in all of this.

Mamato, So sorry you are having such a hard time. You know from being a nurse that long term illnesses are ften harder on the caregiver than the patient. I am not surprised AT ALL that your psychologist is concerned about you. An antidepresant is not the end of the world. You know, you may be suffering from situational depression which is brought on my things in life that just stink. I am not saying that you should take the antidepressant, but don't quickly rule it out either. You will be able to finish your weight loss goals at some point, but for now please, please, please take care of yourself. You are so stretched.

BTW, Don't think that we are always up and perfect. Believe me, I am not dealing with anything like you are having to deal with, and I gained a pound in the last week. We all have times when we are more motivated than others. You will get there.

I'm so sorry. I am such a fixer. I wish there was a way to make it better, but know that you are always welcome on this thread. Good or bad, we miss you when you are not here.

Hang in there!!

First things first:

Mammato - What you need is a nap! Don't be so hard on yourself - you are going through a major adjustment physically emotionally, and mentally. Situational depression is common when our lives suddenly take a sharp turn. As a nurse and as someone who has experience situational depression- the antidepression helped. It help me refocus to be able to put one foot in front of the other. If you have concerns, ask for a second opinion. You do not have to run right now. But you might be surpraised one day when you say to yourself - I think I will run for 5 minutes. It could be to the mailbox and back. It is ok to mourn the changes in your life as long as you can begin to find hope.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers - i really felt them. I think the interviews went well. I have one more on Friday. I am excited about the challenges and like you Kathy - I know I can do the job. The people were very welcoming too.

Renewedhope - you better hang on tight to all three of those men!!! Cuties all three!

Off to bed early- Run club in the AM. I have a date with an eliptical machine!! I will overcome the beast!

Hello everyone, kind of slow at reporting back.i had to stop running until i drop a few more pounds, it's ok i'm walking 4 miles everyday. Over the week-end took 2 -6 mile hikes.Things are getting better everyday.Good luck with everyones 5k. Really look forward to doing more running very soon.

just getting caught up....bailed yesterday when i popped in & ya'll were talking about biggest loser and i hadn't watched it yet...LOL

but..lyn & kathy you were in my thoughts as you had your interviews..truly hope it all works out for each of you.

playing it easy till the 5k saturday. plan on a walk later & that's about it.

happy thursday all~

I'm just getting caught up on the posts. I had a terrible day yesterday with food. I'm not even going to confess everything I had.

Mamato~ I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine how rough it is right now. I'm not really sure how I feel about antidepressants, just be careful in whatever you decide to do. We are always here for you. Hang in there!

Renewed~ Cute pictures!! Ya'll look so happy! Definitely hang on to those 3 handsome guys!

I'll be running today. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I guess I'll decide once I get going :cool2:

I just got back from the gym. I wanted to run 20 minutes straight today, but I didn't.......I RAN 21 MINUTES STRAIGHT!! He He He!! Then I finished the whole 5k doing walking and running intervals (running at 5.0 mph and walking at 3.7 mph). I ran my straight run at 4.5 mph. I shaved 5 minutes off my last time. I did it today in 42:10! Granted, I feel like I could die on the floor right now, but it's all good!

I just got back from the gym. I wanted to run 20 minutes straight today, but I didn't.......I RAN 21 MINUTES STRAIGHT!! He He He!! Then I finished the whole 5k doing walking and running intervals (running at 5.0 mph and walking at 3.7 mph). I ran my straight run at 4.5 mph. I shaved 5 minutes off my last time. I did it today in 42:10! Granted, I feel like I could die on the floor right now, but it's all good!

:w00t::thumbup::) that's great GG!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Go Georgia! Wow - I'm so proud - you're doing great....I bet once your heart stops pounding and the sweat stops pouring you'll feel even better. You go girl!

Georgia... You Rock! That is an amazing time! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 21 MINUTES STRAIGHT! BBBBEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLSSSS &&&& WHHHHISSSTTTLLLEEESSSS. Just in case you didn't get that, it was my attempt at sending you bells and whistles all the way to Georgia!!!!

I never ended up doing anything yesterday, I just was lazy. I wanted to run outside today, but its rainy and really cold! So tonight I'm going to run on the treadmill. I have my DD home today, so will run later tonight.

Lynn... don't you hate waiting for news! I keep looking at my email and jump everytime the phone rings! LOL. Glad to hear you first round of interviews went well. Good luck tomorrow.

Luluc... enjoy the rest and don't worry about the race. You will do great. You are such an excellent athelete and Sat will be a wonderful experience for you! My DH warned me ahead of time that you feel completely different on race day... you push yourself harder without realizing it and the last half is more difficult because of it. He was right, so if you feel that, just remember that you've trained well... you have all of us cheering you across the finish line and most important... this is your day and your moment to take pride in your accomplishments, so enjoy it!

Darn it, I wrote this great post and lost it. It was so insightful and amusing!!!!! I will never be able to repeat it. Too bad for all of you - I really enjoyed it.

Anyway, Great Job Georgia! Doesn't it make you smile when that 21 minute rolled over.

Yes Kathy waiting is the hardest part of the interviewing process. I really felt good about it, and every now and then I start thinking, "Oh I should have said,,,,,,"

I went to cross train at the gym today. I did the ever painful eliptical, the rolling steps, and the bike. 20 minutes each. I burned 400 calories. I also had a fill today 1.0 cc that makes a total of 7.5 cc in my band. I can really tell the difference too. I went 4 weeks without lossing 1 pound - that bites!!!!!! Anyway I am on Clear Liquids today and tomorrow. I just calulated my caloric intake for the day including the 400 I burned - I am way too low. liquids 1/2 cup at a time is tough to get much in. (I never thought I would say that)

I have a busy weekend planned. Friday Work 1/2 day; 3rd interview, I have to meet my daughter and two nieces after the interview - (they are 25-32 years old) I am their disingnated driver!!!!! I am driving them from Columbus to Cleveland for a NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK REUNION CONCERT!! Shot me now! Drunk women reliving their youth singing "Please don;t go girl!!! " I booked a hotel in Cleveland - I am NOT driving them home tomorrow night.

Saturday I am suposse to do a 70 minute walk/run inpreparation for my upcoming marathon (what did I get myself into)

Sunday going to see Robin Williams LIVE -

I really did have a great inspirational post - it is now in cyberspace and a woman from Mar is reading it and connecting on a deeper level.

Luv ya, Lynn:teeth_smile:

Lyn you are way too funny.

Ok, I am definately obsessing a bit with this Nike+ thing. I am doing a challenge with Whosya, and I have never liked being beat by a boy, so I am running, running, running. In the last 3 days I have run a total of 12.87 miles. Today I ran 8.2 miles divided into 3 runs. My average mile is 10:27. 8 miles in 1 day. OMGosh, my legs are really tired and my house is a mess. I am going to be cleaning until DH gets home at 9:30.