Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

You guys are too funny! Renewed... what a compliment! I'd have been grinning from ear to ear and probably would have flirted with him too, just to enjoy the moment!

You gadget ho's... count me in! I used to have a crackberry... and have been suffering withdrawl for the last few months! I'd love to have the Nike+ system, but don't wear Nike shoes!

Luluc... sounds like you're ready for Sat. Don't get too nervous, just enjoy it! You will do great!

Tootie... good luck too on Sat!

Nuke... I did my first 5k yesterday too! What an experience.

Lyn... I've been studying all weekend and today (and tomorrow) for the interview. I really need to nail this! I found out today that one of the people I was supposed to meet with has changed... so now I need to find out more about this new person. I think I'm ready though! Good luck Lyn... what job are you interviewing for?

The really cool thing is that we could have challenges among just us. Like most miles in a month. If you go to Salsa's blog, on the left side there are some challenges that she is currently in. Whosya does this. I pm'd him today to ask how the challenges work. That would be really cool for us ladies to do together. If I understand correctly, you can wear the sensor with any type of shoe. The Nike+ shoe just has a built in place for it under the sole so you can't feel it at all, but I think I read where Whosya said that he wears it with different shoes. I don't remember for sure. Salsa's blog is www.salsa1877.blogspot.com

Ok, I am goign to fix supper now.

I have not heard from Bonnie!! Where are you Bonnie? We know you are long since home from vacation!! Come out come out wherever you are!!!!

I am interviewing for a position in our health system; Director of Outreach. It is the director of all the community programs and clinics that provide for the underserved and uninsured population.

I have been reserching and studying too. For what are you interviewing?

I'm interviewing for the Marketing Operations Manager at 3M Canada. This position heads up the Office and Consumer products marketing team.... Post-it brand mainly.

Your position sounds amazing. That would be very rewarding... and heartbreaking too.

Ok, tomorrow I start my 13 week training plan for my next 5k. The training schedule includes easy jogs, long runs, intervals and cross training. I'm going to give this my all... as I'm really enjoying the running. This training schedule is supposed to take you from beginner to intermediate level.

Renewed.. that sounds like a lot of fun, maybe someday I can get the gear.

Renewed~ Very cute story! Although it embarrassed you, what a nice compliment!!

Lyn and Kathy~ Best of luck to both of you with your upcoming interviews! I hope it works out for you both!

luluc~ I'm also married to a "gadget whore", lol. I just told him I wanted the nike+ sport system and he seemed interested in the electronics of it, so maybe it's a possibility...

Leslie and Jeannie~ Glad ya'll are getting back with the running! 5K here we come....

Thanks for the welcome, folks! I really enjoyed the first couple of weeks on the program. Unfortunately, I have to take a slight hiaitus, as I go back under the knife tomorrow to get a kink in my tube fixed. I'm hoping that I'll be ok to get back on the program in about 1-2 weeks. One of the reasons I started the program was to step up the fitness level before surgery, in the hopes that it might help with recovery times. I also posted just before taking a program break on purpose, so that I wouldn't be able to slink off into the night and not go back to it. So if I disappear from the thread altogether for a while, one of you kind folks will kick me in the bum and tell me to get off it and get back out there, won't you? :biggrin:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Fanny - I hope your surgery goes well today. I had to have port revision surgery a couple months ago - the recovery wasn't too bad. I hope the kinked tubing runs about the same lines. You'll be up and about before you know it! Let us know how you are - when you are up to it one of us I'm sure will light a fire under you.

Lyn/Kathy - good luck with the interviews! I'm crossing my fingers and praying for you both.

Renewed - I'm going to check out Salsa's blog. I have Nike Shoes but I have no idea what ya'll are talking about with the tracker. Mike looked at them and it (he's a techy - I understand it but am not into things - I think I would be if I could afford them). I do want a Bodybugg really bad though...hoping I'll get one for Christmas. I haven't been very suttle about my hints.

I haven't seen or heard from Bonnie either. I hope she is okay.

Georgia - we are going to rock that 5K! Jeannie and I did Zumba last night at the Y. It kicked my butt! Really bad! It was fun though...my body doesn't quite move like that, but I'm learning.

Fanny... good luck with getting de-kinked! My girlfriend had her lapband surgery way back in 2000, when it first came on the market in Canada. So it's an older lapband. The tubing has come disconnected twice from the port so she's had 2 additional surgeries to fix it. Both were really no problem, and much quicker recover than the original... hope all will be fine for you. Please do ask you surgeon about how long you need to wait before running... and listen to his advice! Then we'll be happy to kick start you at that point!

Georgia Girls (Georgia, Leslie & Jeannie) - You'all are doing great! LOL at my southern drawl (not bad for a Canadian gal). I wish I could come down for the race and cheer you on from the sidelines!

Yeah I'm hooked! I dreamed about running last night! And it was a good dream, not a nightmear!

DH told me to go out and get a new outfit for my interview tomorrow. I've got nothing that fits right... and he wants me to rock this. So he coughed up the credit card! I might go back to that store and get that hot red jacket I tried on, new skirt and shoes! Its been so long since I went shopping for real!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Kathy! New Clothes - Yea!!!

I hope you enjoy your shopping trip. You know you are going to do so well on your interview. Get what you want and don't settle for cheap (on sale, cause it will do). Make your outside match your inside. Settle for nothing but the best (of course within reason - you don't have to buy Pradda). I'm so happy for you!

Fanny~ Praying your surgery goes well! Let us know how you are when you feel like posting.

Kathy~ New outfit? How cool!! I agree with Leslie, don't settle. Get an outfit that's fierce!!

Ok, I did it! Picture this:

• Fire engine red jacket (I look amazing in red!) that is perfectly fitted, shows my more slender shoulders, comes in at the waist and then flares out slightly at the hips (perfect from my cupee doll shape) = $100
  • Black skirt that is an A frame shape, slender at the waist, below the knee and flares out as it goes down, with soft pleat/folds = $75
  • Paten leather black shoes (I also bought red ones, but don't think they look as good) = $100 (2 pair)
  • Red leather briefcase/purse combo to hold my folder and stuff (subdued soft red) = $25
  • Total cost = $300 (OMG!!!)
  • Effect = Priceless!

It was so much fun. I guess my feet have lost weight too because I was able to wear most types of shoes!!!

I do want a Bodybugg really bad though...hoping I'll get one for Christmas. I haven't been very suttle about my hints..

leslie - i saw that the body bugg is $100 off at my 24hr fitness ... signs all over, including the loo~

fanny - hope your surgery goes well!!

kathy - outfit sounds great!!! good luck w/the interview.....lyn u 2!

i've not worked in 2yrs & had been strugglin' with what i "want" to do vs having had a road warrior sales job for 15yrs. i took my lsat back in may just for s**$ & giggles and applied to only one law school - SMU. hubby had no idea; but i got in. so, my LBT obsession come january will subside & i'll be back in school at age 40:eek:

maybe midlife crisis - but hey; got a new lease on life w/the band & dad always thought i should have been a lawyer...so now i have that chance:biggrin:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Luluc that is incredible! I don't believe in midlife crisseses (I think that's a word). You only get one life - do what you want with it when you want. Law school at 39 rocks! Most of the kids will think you are their prof, but who cares! You will have so much more knowledge and life experience. I hope you blow them out of the water!

I was looking at 24hour fitness last week - one of my broker guys came by and asked what it was. I told him and was hoping Mike would get it for me for Christmas. He said okay - less than an hour later all 3 of my broker guys were in an office with the door shut...Hmmmm...should I deduct that'll be my Christmas? Perhaps?

Kathy - I want P-I-C-T-U-R-E-S...when you get all dressed up get DH to take a picture of you! I know you look awesome lady. I have a thing about pictures - LOL

Edited by Leslie2Lose
I can't spell - LOL