Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

WTG aclubb!! You're doing great!!

Great NSV's Kathy!! I love NSV's....sometimes they make me feel better than SV's.

Okay, I have a question for ya'll. I have a Sony Erricson Walkman Slider Phone and it's like an ipod as well. I have an armband that holds my phone and I use it when I run. Yesterday, while I was running, my right arm (from the elbow to the shoulder) went kinda numb but was hurting really bad. I almost stopped running. Well, I finished my run and did my cool down and it eventually went away. Anyone else had this happen? I don't know if it happened because of the armband or if it had to do with something else going on with my body. The armband didn't feel too tight so, I dunno. It was weird....it's never happened before this. Any thoughts?

It was weird....it's never happened before this. Any thoughts?

i would guess too tight - like when my shoe laces are too tight, my feet get a numb...????:smile:

Georgia... is this the first time you wore the armband? If so, I'd guess it was that, or if you've worn it lots before, did you tighten it a bit more this time? Try wearing the armband around for a little while to see if it happens again. It also might be how you move your arm while running. Maybe you kinked something? Hope it doesn't happen again! I wear an armband for my ipod, and I have to make sure I put it overtop of my sleeve otherwise it hurts my arm while I run.

Georgia... is this the first time you wore the armband? If so, I'd guess it was that, or if you've worn it lots before, did you tighten it a bit more this time? Try wearing the armband around for a little while to see if it happens again. It also might be how you move your arm while running. Maybe you kinked something? Hope it doesn't happen again! I wear an armband for my ipod, and I have to make sure I put it overtop of my sleeve otherwise it hurts my arm while I run.

No, it's not the first time. I wear it every time I run. I haven't tightened it and I've lost about 15 pounds in last month or so, so you'd think it would be looser now. I don't know. I do wear it under my sleeve but it's never been a problem before. Hopefully it was just a freak incident.

OK full report!!

I popped my happy hiney out of ed at 0445 am. Brushed my teeth, put on my sweats and was in the car by 0500. OOPS out of gas! Went to the gas station; drank my EAS Protein Drink in the car. Arrived at the gym at 0550.

There are 7 people in the new run club. One training for a marathon, 2 for a half marathon and a couple who can only run about 2 minutes at a time. And me, some where in the middle. I saw my old trainer; she couldn't believe how great I looked! (believe me; I didn't - no make up, hair in a squnchy) She said you have never looked more fit. I told her it was everything she thought me about diet and exercise -

Anyway - we got weighted, measured, did sit up and push up endurance test. then we had to run and or walk as long and fast as we could for 30 minutes.

Please remember, I am nursing a kidney infection!! But I ran the whole time 30 minute - never stopped for 2.5 miles!!! All of you kept running through my mind. My old trainer was spying on me. When I finished, she said: no way!! You did great, form endurence, breathing - excellent.

What we do here on this thread is what got me to this point.

Several people in the group asked if i would consider the 1/2 marathon in May 09. She said some people do a walkrun and others run the whole thing. I think I might do it.:confused:

After my work out, I hit Starbucks for my venti no-fat sweetn low latte!! My special good girl treat.

Kathy, I have an interview on Oct 1st at 4:00 too. I am excited for both of us. good luck. Are you buying a new outfit???

Way to go Lyn!! What an awesome day!! yOu should be very proud of yourself.

WHY did I decide to go run at 11:30 this morning. It was HOT. I was sweating like crazy. I only did 2.5 miles instead of the 4.5 I planned to do. I will either go earlier or later tommorow. It is supopsed to be fall allready!! Please send the memo to east texas!!!

WTG Lyn... what an accomplishment. Do you run indoors at the gym or go out as a group? 1/2 marathon is such an amazing challenge, and you'd be great at it!

Good luck on your interview! No, I'm not buying a new outfit... unfortunately can't afford one. But I might go to a 2nd hand store to see if there is something acceptable. I've done that a lot in the past as I am losing weight. Can't bring myself to buy something for a lot of $$ that won't fit for very long. But as I mentioned, I did go window shopping and had on this beautiful red jacket... I love red and look smoking hot in it!

Off to watch "House"... love that show... laugh at how ridiculous he is!

Tuesdays are for treadmill work, thursday -steps or eliptical, then outside on Saturdays.

I do not have anything that fits - my daughter is a fashion designer; I will hit her up for a fashion tip or two.

I can't believe that today is my 6 month BANDaversary!!!!

I see the leg doctor today. I hope to be back in the swing of things soon.

Have a great day girls!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

That's awesome Lyn! I bet you were on top of the world and still are. Congratulations :-)

Sugar - I hope your appointment goes well...let us know how you're doing.

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? I missed the premire last week. I haven't decided who my fav is yet.

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? I missed the premire last week. I haven't decided who my fav is yet.

I did! I love the Biggest Loser! I don't have an official favorite yet either, but I really like the yellow team. That girl did awesome at the challenge. She stayed in for 17 rounds, I think (?), and had to do twice as much as everyone else. Yeah, the decision to bid that high was stupid and back fired, but they are safe for one more week.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I like the yellow team too - I think if her dad didn't have the handicap (being sick) that they would have achieved their goal. That's gotta suck. It kind of made me mad though - the challenge - so many people just quit. They didn't even try.

I like the red team too - the southern couple with the three boys. They both seem to have a lot of heart.

I think the teams with the men in it have an advantage though - men do seem to lose quicker and more pounds than the women. The mother/daughters teams were both in the bottom this week. I feel for them - I do like the pink team too...too early to choose though. Their "real colors" will start showing in the next few weeks. That is when it'll get interesting.

Yeah, I like the red team too! They seem really nice. Isn't he the one that came back to help his wife get up the hill? Not sure, but that was really sweet.

I didn't like the way that Brady (brown team) was acting about the vote. He seems like he has a major attitude problem.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yea Georgia! You are kicking some major uh-hum you know what :-)

I have posted this else where, but I'm just tickled so I'll post here too. I just got the most sexist comment paid to me and I'm overjoyed. Had a client leave here and tell my broker, "She dresses the place up, doesn't she?"...would that be me? I just smiled. Yippie! A compliment! A real compliment! Who cares if he was a shovanist-pig...pork is yummy. LOL. Six months ago I wouldn't have even gotten a look - pass me by like I'm not here. Cool.