Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Welcome Fanny!

I stuck with the program through week 4. I got stuck there and couldn't seem to get past it, so I took the wonderful advice from a few of the ladies here and started doing one long run. I've worked up to 18 minutes of running straight and I hope to try 20 minutes tomorrow. The program is wonderful, but if you need to make some changes, it's no big deal. I know I extended the walking time a little in a couple of the weeks. As long as you are increasing your running time and progressing, do it however you see fit.

Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start! Good luck and I'm glad you are joining us!!

I just can't believe that I have actually been able to do it! I was watching the timer on the treadmill as I was getting up to the 20 minute mark on the 60/60 jog/walk pattern and just spinning out over the fact that I was getting all the way through it. I spent the 5 minute cool down walk grinning my head off and just thinking WOW! I did it! ME!! JOGGING!! It was almost surreal.

LOL! I usually try to increase my jog by a minute each time I run and every time I do it, I start smiling like a big dork!! I can't help it though. We earned the right to smile like goof balls, lol. So, smile on my friend....

You are doing great Fanny! Keep it up!!

hi fanny!!! glad ya jumped in..

tootie - i have (well DH did it for me) my ipod set to beats per minute & my songs are dumped into those "genres", and i just select when i want to either warm up or actually run...i think the sogs help a bunch!!!

warmup-

holiday ~ madonna

virtual insanity ~ jamiroquai

mr brightside ~ the killers

runaway ~ bon jovi

suffragette city ~ david bowie

bohemian rhapsody ~ queen

i kissed a girl ~ kathy perry

run-

jump ~ van hallen

stronger ~ kanye west

should i stay or should i go ~ the clash

take me out ~ franz ferdinand

lose yourself ~ eminem

thanks for the memories ~ fall out boys

the reflex ~ duran duran

low ~ flo rida

somebody told me ~ the killers

super hero ~ janes addiction

blue monday ~ new order

blitzkreig bop ~ the ramones

i can't drive 55 ~ sammy hagar

i like the posting of songs, can always USE more to add, won't tease ya about lalohan georgia:tongue::lol:

I'm home! We had a great time. I ate too much. We are home.

Just caught up on the posts. Way to go Fanny!!

Here are some of my fav songs to run to. I warm up to whatever, but here are my running songs...

Baby Got Back Sir Mix-a-Lot

Black Horse and the Cherry Tree -KT Tunstall

Brass Monkey beastie Boys

Brick House Commadores

Buttermilk Biscuits SirMixALot

Can't Get YOu Outa My Head Kylie Mynoge

Clumsy Fergie

Cold Hearted Snake Paula Abdul

Crank That Soulja Boy

Dance Like There's no Tommorow Paula Abdul

Don't Cha Pussycat Dolls

Don't Lie Black Eyed Peas

Eye Of the Tiger Survivor

Fat Bottomed Girls Queen

Fight For Your Right beastie Boys

Gettin Jiggy Wit It Will Smith

HIllBilly Stomp Kid Rock

Hips Don't Lie Shakera

I'm Too Sexy Right Said Fred

Iron Man Ozzy Osborne

Jump, Jive and Wail Brian Setzer Orchestra

Let's Get It Started Black Eyed Peas

Let's Get Rocked Def Leppard

Low Flo Rida

My Humps Black Eyed Peas

Promiscuous Nellie Furtado

Pump It Black Eyed Peas

Pump Up the Jam technotronic

Stronger Kanye West

Things that make You Go Hmm C&C Music Factory

This Is Why I'm Hot The Mims

Tootie Roll The 69 Boys

I'm really not a hethen!!

Edited by renewedhope

Time to all play that Rocky song... I DID IT!!!!! OMG, it was so hard... so much different than running alone. But I did it... non-stop. My time was 44:02, which was longer than I thought I'd do, but I hadn't measured the right distance in the park, so I'm ok with that. As I approached the finish line it was amazing. Everyone was cheering and then I heard my son yelling "Come on Mom". So I ran even faster then.

I made 2 mistakes... 1) I didn't eat enough for Breakfast nor drink enough to hydrate myself... so felt weaker than I usually do and was really thirsty. 2) I wore the shirt... long sleeves were too hot for me, and it kept twisting so it felt weird. Next time I know to wear the clothes I'm used to and wake up earlier to get enough food in me. I think if I'd done that I would have felt better during the run.

However, I'm so pumped that I did it!!! As promised, here are the pictures of me at the starting line, half way and at the finish line!

post-220980-13813137664583_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813137664824_thumb.jpg

post-220980-1381313766504_thumb.jpg

WTG Kathy!! Great pictures! What a great accomplishment!!

Renewed~ Glad you are back!! I missed ya!!

luluc~ Good luck with your race!!

Well, I didn't have it in me to do 20 minutes today. I only made it to 17 minutes! I don't know what the deal was. I felt like stopping at 10 minutes but pushed as long as I could. Oh well, maybe Tuesday...

Georgia... shake it off. Tue will work too. 17 min is excellent!

Luluc... you will do great. Thanks again for your support. BTW, the run raised over $26,000 for Community Living London!

WAY TO GO KATHY!!! Love the pics.

Luluc, you will do great on Friday. You are my hero :teeth_smile:

I have been pretty lazy today. I decided since I have been eating and behaving as if I were skinny and without the need to watch anything I eat or do I might as well finish out the weekend. Tommorow morning its back to the basics for me. I have enjoyed my break. Now it is time to get ready for PS!!!!

OK guys I have been awful lately and have made apromise to myself to get back on track tomorrow morning. SO if i don't check in tomorrow evening to say I am back and moving again I need one of yall to give me a good kick in the butt. Leslie, I guess you would be the most likely, hope to see you in the morning... Take care all.

Where is the cap and gown!! Kathy I am so very proud of you. You did it. Remember the struggles to get here.. you perservered and did it. It is all you!!!! That is what I love about running. It is all about you. No one have power or control over your run excpt you. It is a person challenge that is in your control. Major way to go!!!

I have been lurking around trying to catch you on all the postings. Great stuff. I didn't get to do my 70 minute outside ru with my run club on Saturday. My grandchildren spent the night Friday night and didn't get picked up until later. I didn't want to leave them alone with my husband.. he is the 6th child!!")

No big deal, it was a choice and I lved my time with the kiddies!

But, I am ready to kick butt again this week. I am proud of my efforts last week.

Work out playlist:

Delialah

Clumsy

Big girls don't cry

gimme three steps

It aint over til its over

Dont cha

You aint seen nothin yet

It's my life

Blue DaDa Dee

Rich girl

Black horse cherry tree

Hips dont lie

All right now

Barracuda

One noght in bangkok

eye of the tiger

luv Lynn

Thanks everyone for the high 5's! I'm still so psyched its nuts! I've been researching run training schedules and different runs all evening. LOL!

I've convinced DH to join me on the "Resolution Run" which is held on Dec. 31st at 5pm. He ran it last year and loved it. So it's 13-1/2 weeks away and I've downloaded and personalized a training chart so that I can continue to stay motivated and improve!

I keep noticing parts of my body that are looking and feeling better, so want to continue this transformation. I am so hooked! So here's what I put together for my training... Am I crazy or what!