Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

i LOVE NSV's!!! - georgia/renewed just got caught up on the sept 07 board....good to see it alive again.

leslie - unfills seem to do well for me; i might be heading in this wk for unfill #3 because it's been a while that i can eat a hot meal hot. gets annoying to wait , wait , & wait some more. hope your ankle is feeling better!!!

kathy - i notice that runners do the acknowleged "nod" to one another; a neat club to be in.

running was just not in the cards for me today - tried, and the legs would rather be in the yoga class that just started so left the treadmill for the dark confines of the class....i need to do this more; i felt better and my legs needed a break...

have a good evening all!

Big news:

I joined the run club at my gym!!!!!! It meets Tues, Thur, Sat. for 12 weeks with the finale as the Reindeer Run 5K in Dec.

The ickie part is: my gym is in Columbus - where I work. I live in Newark about 35 miles away. The work outs are at 0600 AM. That means I will have to get up at4:45 drive to the gym, work out, shower and dress at the gym and then go to work. I do get off work around 400 pm.

I know, you probably wonder why I do go to a gym in my town. Last year i was working long hours as we were doing a huge project at work.. I actually had an apartment in Columbus and stay there during the week. I joined the gym there and developed lots of friendships and had my trainer there.

Now that I do't have my apartment and drive everyday. Sometimes I still go there after work.

Sorry, I am processing this thought, externally.

It will be great, but it is a early morning comitment.

Mamato - Happy Birthday! and yes, I do need to post and exercise more often. Actually, I go back to the leg doctor on Wednesday. He will do sclerotherapy (injections to get rid of small varicose veins) on both of my legs. They will feel better faster than the surgery for the big veins that put my running to a halt. Once I get over this, I do want to get back on track with my running. I am not that far from my 100 pound mark, then 5 more pounds to Onederland!! Exercise will get me there much quicker. Thank you for the encouragement.

Life since school has started has been extremely busy. DS is playing middle school soccer (3 -1 record) and busy playing Fall Festival's with the bluegrass band. Thank the Lord I only have one child.

Sugar... its nice to hear from you again. Good luck with your leg procedures. Hope you heal fast and can get back to running! I'm with you on the Onederland motivation... its just 14 lbs away for me and then my 100 lb loss is close after.

Lyn... good for you on joining the run group! You're more dedicated than me... no way would I get up that early! I am not a morning person!

Believe me I am not that dedicated. I do better in the AM then evening; but this is going to test my mettle!!!

i'm such an early bird - if i don't work out in the AM it doesn't happen for me. up around 4 (UGH - my dogs want out & the roosters are telling me they're hungry)....LOL congrats on joining the run club!!!

I am so NOT a morning person, lol! I'm okay to workout around 10:00am, but anything earlier than that is a real struggle.

Lyn~ Congrats on joining the run club! That's wonderful!!

I ran this evening and I made it to 16 minutes straight. Minute by minute I'm getting there.....

Georgia... Yeah! You did it!

I'm so NOT a morning person that my DH has to entice me out of bed with a cup of coffee. When that doesn't work, he sends in my DS to tickle me out of bed! Its so cute... but I hate it! In the morning I would rather have 5 more minutes of sleep than just about anything else... even chocolate!

Ok, I found out my interview was moved up. Its now on Oct 1st instead of Oct 6th. That's better... I'm ready! I'm ready!... I sound like Spongebob!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Lyn - good luck with your run club! We have one here too, I just can't make their schedule with kids, school - it's just too time consuming. I wish I could - I think it is awesome - let us know how it goes :-)

Ya'll I'm not a morning person either. I do so much better if I get up and workout in the mornings though. I feel better, think better - it is like it gets the blood flowing (which is normally dormant until about 10:00 a.m.). I haven't been in a couple of weeks - mornings - with my swelling and feeling crappy. I have been working out hit and miss in the evening - mornings I can be consistant.

I've never been a coffee person - up until banding. It has replaced my morning Diet Dr. Pepper - it also helps loosen me up (I'm super tight in the mornings).

Kathy - I'm ready, I'm ready - promotion, promotion....LOL....Good luck! I know you'll do awesome.

Spongebob is on 24/7 at my house - well it was up until Hannah Montanna and Wizards of Waverly Place. My kids are growing up (sniff)(sniff). I miss the kiddy cartoons they now say are for babies.

Georgia - you're doing so great on your running! :-) Keep it up girlie!

Good to hear from you Sugar. hOpe your legs heal really quick. Keep up posted.

You are going to rock your interview Kathy.

Not a morning person either. I used to stay up VERY late, bu now I go to bed earlier, but I am still not good until about 10a. After 10 I function pretty well.

I HATE SPONGEBOB!! My son watches it occasionally. he would watch it all the time if I let him. I tell him that it will make his brain dumb. There is nothing "bad" about it. It is just so brain numbing stupid!! Ok, how do I really feel?? LOL

I LOST A NEW POUND!!!!!!Man, it's been a long time since I was able to update my ticker. I haven't lost a pound since the end of our no scales challenge. Low carb it is until surgery.

I am headed for the track to run. Make it a great day!!

Wow - great news all around. Congrats to everybody on your runs and weight loss. I want to be just like ya'll when I grow up!

I finished Week 5 on Sunday with the first 20 minute run. Man, that really pushed me. But, I made it and felt great. I think I am now officially addicted to running! Who woulda thunk it? Although I was confused that week 6 goes back to 5 and 8 minute intervals. So, I'm going with my own music as I've heard so many of you have done. Longer intervals do help me regulate my breathing more.

I walked a 5k over the weekend, just to get a better feel for the distance. A friend of mine (who used to run daily) walked with me and can you believe I am encouraging HER to run? This is crazy, but super fun. I love my band and C25K!

Renewed.... Way to go!!!! :smile:

Leslie... Thanks! As for the kids growing up... oh its hard somedays! But growing out of Spongebob would be GREAT!!! Unfortunately, my DH loves it too! As for coffee... I have a love affair with coffee. If I had to give it up like I did for pop, I'd have ended up hospitalized and drooling!! LOL. Its not the caffine... I don't care if it has it or not. I just love the taste and the warm beverage. It's my one splurge... I have it with light cream!

Aclubb... congrats on the 20min run! You rock! It is so strange, but we have all felt the same thing... I love to run and I love how it makes me feel. Keep it up!

I'm down 2-1/2 lbs this week! I'm so thrilled. Almost to onederland! Haven't been there in 20+ years, and then only briefly!

My NSV for today... I went window shopping and tried on some clothes. I had to ask for a smaller size... twice!!! And when I put on the outfit, I realized that I actually have bones in my shoulders! Its not just a rounded softness from my neck to my arms. There are actual bones and angles!!! LOL! In the dressing room, I kept poking and feeling around my shoulders... they've been hidden for so long!

Another NSV... I ran into a woman I used to work with, and hadn't seen her since March. She kept going on and on about how "healthy" I look. That felt really good. She said I looked strong!

congrats kathy on the nsv! & all those running!!

i currently have cement in my running shoes - legs just won't budge; did work out w/trainer this AM for 90mins - all weight training.

will try again in the am....:smile: