Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Lyn & Renewed... you two rock the exercise and running world! I just did my 20 min "Tempo" run, which is intervals of fast and slow. So I did a total of 10 min at 5 mph and 10 at 4.5 mph in 5 min intervals. I'm sweating like a stinky pig!!! Ohh I feel great!

goodnight all!

I really think Luluc's trainer's nutrition advice is working. I've been eating whole grains at every meal and 4oz of OJ per day on the days that I run/workout. And the proof is on the scale! This is the 2nd week in a row that I'm down 3 lbs per week! Don't know if this is helping, but I'm going to continue to do it. I love OJ, and whole grains work for me! Of course, running and eating right is the main reason, but it wasn't moving as fast before!

I did a trial run yesterday. I wanted to just see what I could do for the upcoming race tomorrow. I ran for 30 minutes which was 2 miles for me and then walked for a minute and a half then ran the last mile. So I completed the 5K!!! First time for me. It took me 45 minutes to complete. This was on the treadmill and by myself though. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. I have no doubt that I will finish, I would just like to finish under 45 minutes.

Mamato, sorry you're having a rough time at home right now. I agree you need some down time for yourself. Even if it is to just regroup and take a deep breath. Will say a prayer for you and your family.

Luluc-tomorrow's our day. Good Luck and have a great time!

Gerogia-keep up the great work!!

Renewed-good looking family

WTG Kathy!! You're getting sooo close to Onederland!! So, you're drinking 4 oz of orange juice on days you exercise and whole grains at every meal. What do you eat for Breakfast? And what type of whole grains are you eating? Are you still eating a lot of Protein too?

Sorry for all the questions. Just curious....

Good luck tomorrow Tootie & Luluc. You both will do great! Enjoy the rush at the finish line!!!!

Georgia... for breakfast I usually start with a coffee to loosen my band a bit. Then I have a yogurt (prebiotic style, not low fat) with a bit of banana and All Bran Buds mixed together. I've worked up to about 1/3 cup of All Bran Buds, but that took awhile... start small! For lunch I usually have a Lean Cuisine Cannaloni with some whole grain Triscuits or left overs from the night before and include some Triscuits. For dinner I always have a Protein (beans if not meat), vegetable and then choose a whole grain starch, such as brown rice or whole wheat Pasta. If no whole grain starch, I have a high fibre snack to finish the meal. I have my OJ in the morning... nothing wakes you up better. My Snacks consist of cheesestrings, apple, peach, nuts or high fibre snacks. Then I drink lots of Water throughout the day. So that's my day in a nutshell. It usually works out to about 1100-1400 cals, depending on how much I end up eating. Some days I'm tighter than others.

I never ended up going low carb. Instead it is pretty balanced between carb, protein and fat. When I tried cutting back on the carbs, I couldn't last on my runs.

I can't wait for Onederland!!!! I haven't been there for about 20 years (about 1/2 a lifetime ago... OMG). Goal is to get there by Halloween, and wear a really eye popping, sexy costume (in the privacy of our home after the kids are asleep! LOL)

Georgia... based on TDP, I'm consuming on average, about 60-65 g of Protein, 20-25 g of fibre and 30 g of fat daily. That's in line with what my nutritionist recommended. Adding the OJ did increase my sugars, but my blood sugar is still doing really well!

I really think Luluc's trainer's nutrition advice is working. I've been eating whole grains at every meal and 4oz of OJ per day on the days that I run/workout. And the proof is on the scale! This is the 2nd week in a row that I'm down 3 lbs per week! Don't know if this is helping, but I'm going to continue to do it. I love OJ, and whole grains work for me! Of course, running and eating right is the main reason, but it wasn't moving as fast before!

it's working for me as well. i'm not changing the ticker till i see the scale show the weight for 2wks straight, but this AM i was 120.6:eek:

i Love having the OJ in the morning; i had just assumed juice was just out of the pic (though i only have it on workout days). when i went little to no carbs the scale didn't move for me, in fact it would go up / down quite a bit. this change up has the scale moving and has given me a bit more energy - but i'm wondering what do i eat before the race????

my head is scrambling to eat right tomorrow.

tootie, i'll be thinking of ya.....we're going to do GREAT!!!

I can't wait for Onederland!!!! I haven't been there for about 20 years (about 1/2 a lifetime ago... OMG). Goal is to get there by Halloween, and wear a really eye popping, sexy costume (in the privacy of our home after the kids are asleep! LOL)

onederland will be here in NO time!!!!!

halloween - hadn't been fun the last few yrs, and my BF throws the BIGGEST costume party - and well it's just not enjoyable when your skinny friends are in slutty cute outfits..., and your a farmer in overalls...:lol:

hubby and i had always been pretty creative, but we actually didn't go to her last 2 parties because we just felt gross being overweight....i am SO excited about our costume because our wigs just showed up. we are going as dog the bounty hunter and his wife beth...BUT, i am going to be dog, and my husband will be the wife. i got his big boobies & nails & wig right in front of me and i can't stop laughing.

we figured she's bigger than dog, hubby is 6'3 and i'm 5'1 - and dog always wears high healed boots ... the mullet wig is fantastic..., i will post the pics :w00t:

Guest Leslie2Lose

OH luluc - you have me in stitches....that woman has some big ole gams! See - I'm lurking....got to get moving again...LOL

Luluc... I'm still laughing!!!! With all the training you're doing, you won't have to fake your arms to look strong!!! Well, probably not as big as his guns, but still pretty cut!

As for the run tomorrow... if the run is in the morning, wake up early so you can hydrate and get some food in. Just treat it like any other heavy workout day! Make sure you post pics of the finish line!!!

DS is off school today as its a PD day (Professional Development - aka teachers get a break day!). So I sent DD to the daycare and spent the day with him. We played video games - he kicked my butt of course!, and went to a movie - IGOR. It was pretty funny. Stupid, but funny.

Lyn, I know you're probably out of your group interview by now... but I did send positive thoughts your way around 1:15... hope it went well.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to do a long run - 3 miles. So I'm going to go back to the park and do the run from the race. The rain has finally stopped and its supposed to be sunny tomorrow... cold (about 50F), but sunny. I've never run in longer pants yet, so wonder how that will go.

Luluc, I hear ya regarding Halloween outfits. I've not been able to wear sexy in quite a few years. When I was just pregnant with my son (11 years ago) I fit into a size 18 - hey that's what I'm wearing now - OMG I'm as small as when we first got married!!! I just rambled into that discover! LOL - ok, back on track, way back then I dressed up as an evil vampress and looked pretty hot!!! That was the last time! OK, this year I'm going to look hot... but next year - watch out!!!!

I am not dressing up for Halloween.. It is 1 week after surgery. i will be dressed in compression garments and drains. It will be TOM too. I am not sure how that's all going to work. Arghh.

I ran 5k tonight and it kicked my butt. I think I am beat from the 8 miles yesterday. Going to bed now. Goodnight.

Thanks for the info Kathy. I'm thinking of giving it a shot....

Tootie and luluc~ Good luck tomorrow!! luluc, can't wait to see the costume pics, lol.

Renewed~ WTG on the 5k today! You're probably right, yesterday probably wore you out.

Oh, I'm not dressing up for halloween either. Maybe next year. DH works at the post office as a city carrier, so I thought it would be cute for DS to dress up like a mail man. He's gonna be so cute!

I did some strength training today and ran a little on the treadmill. It wasn't my run day, but I couldn't help it. I did something a little different today, I ran really fast intervals (5.3 mph) and walked (3.7 mph). I also did it at an incline part of the time. Nice change but I was sooooo tired afterwards.

Edited by georgia girl

hey all~

well i'm back, and completed the Vineyard Run, just "this" close to under 30min: 30:36. it was such a beautiful morning to run, the race was at 8:30, and i met my trainer at the gym @7:30 to ride together.....he also ran w/me & was just a totally different trainer than in the gym. very supportive and cheered me every step.

i had a good breakfast (oj/coffee/banana Protein drink/half slice WW toast w/butter). you all were dead on - on the high, we left the vineyard driving back to the gym, and i was like "what do i do next??" - he's like lets go workout......so i did a 45min circut of weight training and headed home.

was weird doing it by myself, with hubby out of town, but i know he was thinking of me. when i got home there was a FTD box at the front door - he sent me a bouquet of my favorite (french tulips).

i am worn out pysically & emotionally right now - i'm one of those who think, "whats next to do" that i don't enjoy the moment much and i'm going to try and just do that today.

had all you in my head this AM, tootie - hope your race went well.....

thinking a tri might be the next thing to look forward to - but i'm going to soak a bit of victory in today ... tomorrow i can let the mind wander..

hugs to you all !!!