Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Ohhh, you are competitive! I love it! Renewed... you go for it!

Georgia... go on eBay... there are lots of the pkgs and shoe kits. I think the sales guy was just feeding me a line. If Whosya is using it successfully, then we certainly can! My plan is to get one after paycheques start coming in!

Lyn... thanks for the encouragement. I'm really looking forward to Wed's interview. I spoke to a man who works at this company and knows the people who interviewed me. He told me I was the only one called back for the 2nd round and that he thinks I'll get an offer... maybe not on Wed, but thinks one is coming. Ohhh I hope so! Now I'm up in the air about what to wear on Wed. I'd like to wear the same outfit, since its a different person interviewing me and its at a different facility in the city. But I'm nervous that the Hiring manager would also pop in and then recognize the outfit. So I'm back to clothing decisions. I just simply have no suits that fit! Nice problem, but not when $$$ are tight.

Lyn... how'd your group interview go? When do you find out next steps?

Georgia, I can't wait for you to get a Nike+. We will have so much fun doing the challenges. Don't you wish we could trade those bodybuggs we bought together in on Nike+ now. It seems we have both changed our focus to moving!!!!! How cool is that!!

Yeah, I have got to call and cancel my subscription. I just got hit with a monthy fee and I haven't even used the thing in months. I may try and sell it.

you dont need special nike shoes. I use a pod like this

You can get a sys plus the pouch for $30 on ebay. I do have a spare shoe sensor if you want it.

Wow, thanks whosya. I'll PM you.

Georgia... go on eBay... there are lots of the pkgs and shoe kits. I think the sales guy was just feeding me a line. If Whosya is using it successfully, then we certainly can! My plan is to get one after paycheques start coming in!

I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the info. Wouldn't that be cool if we all got one and did challenges together?

I did a 5k today, but I still can't run the whole thing. I got in my car and was headed to the trail, and it started pouring rain. So, I had to go to the gym and run on the treadmill. Y'all were right, the treadmill is boring after running outside.

OK, I don't know how o do the cute little thumbnail, but today's totals are now.....

Renewedhope - 14.92

Whosyadaddy - 14.44

I walked/ran 3.6 miles and it kicked my butt. I don't know why I am so tired today. maybe all those sugary carbs over the weekend. I just know if I let him get very far out of reach then there is no catching up!!

This really is a lot of fun. Thanks for the motivation Whosya! Otherwise I would have put off today's exercise!!

Just to let you know girls - I got back on my horse and ran yesterday. YEEHAW!!!

I asked my family to go on a nice fall walk last night and I ended up running part of it. I am not saying that I am back on track with C25K, but I did get out there and move.

Sugar... That's great... doing something is always better than sitting still!

Georgia... yeah, it'd be a lot of fun to form a group with that system... however, I don't think I'd be ranking up the # that Whosya and Renewed are doing! I'm more interested in improving form and speed right now! As for the treadmill... I find that SO HARD now when I have to run on it! I suck air big time and lose my focus!

Renewed... You're kicking his butt! Good for you! So that's 14.9 miles since when?

Ok today I've got to prepare for my interview... but think I'll go back to the park and run the 5k again... that will help clear my head a bit!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll - I haven't ran since last week. I have kept busy - I did Zumba class last night. I did want to post and say hello to everyone. I AM getting back to running - today. Even if I have to miss aerobics last night. I miss it so much! Since my med problem last month and falling of the wagon, it's been hard to get back to mornings (best time for me to run). I'll get there though!

I've really need to catch up on this thread. I did see about your interview Kathy! Good luck tomorrow. How's everything else going. Lyn - I hope yours went well as well!

Renewed/Whosya - ya'll both ROCK!

Georgia - I think I'm still getting a BodyBugg. I have problems with my food at times and I think it'll help me. Once I get that nailed It'll be a lot easier. New toys always help motivate me anyway. If it helps me get to losing weight again...it'll be worth it. I haven't lost in month now. Discouraging - but I know why - my fault entirely.

Hey Sugar! I've been wondering about you too :-)

Kathy, Our challenge started on Thursday, so that's in 5 days. If you kept up with your distances, I think you would be surprised at how much you run. I had no idea that I run that far. It really motivates me to get up and do something. My focus is not so much distance or time but consistancy. I just need to make sure that I do SOMETHING every day. It's really a lot of fun.

Ok, according to my tracking on "RunningAHEAD" website, here's my distances. It did surprise me at how quickly it adds up:

Weekly Distance Run:

Sept 15- 21 = 10 km

Sept 22 - 28 = 15 km

Sept 29 - Oct 5 = 12.4 km

Oct 6 - 12 = 2km (so far)

Monthly Distance Run:

Sept 1-30 = 43.8 km

Oct (so far) = 12.8 km

Guest Leslie2Lose

Me too Renewed. That is my issue! It's not doing - I can do it (working out) - it my consistancy that I struggle with....Kathy is our rock. I need one to ground me - my head seems to stay in the clouds.

I'm glad to be considered the rock! But let's not compare... my situation is different from most of you. I'm not working, so have way too much free time. My kids are at school during the day, so again have lots of free time! My challenge will be to stay committed once I'm working 50+ hours a week! Then I might be hard pressed to stay consistent... I am committed to doing it, but it will be a challenge!

If there is one lesson that I've learned this summer... my personal time is very important to my family's health. If I'm healthy, they benefit big time... so I will carry that forward forever.

Mamato, I don't even know what to say. I am so sorry things are so difficult right now. When things calm down for you and you start running again, we will still be here to cheer you on. You are not an outcast. This thread has turned into so much more than running. We are still here for you. Glad DH is doing better. I pray he will continue to improve.

WAY TO GO WHOSYA!! You are such an inspiration to us all!

OK, I don't know how o do the cute little thumbnail, but today's totals are now.....

Renewedhope - 14.92

Whosyadaddy - 14.44

I walked/ran 3.6 miles and it kicked my butt. I don't know why I am so tired today. maybe all those sugary carbs over the weekend. I just know if I let him get very far out of reach then there is no catching up!!

This really is a lot of fun. Thanks for the motivation Whosya! Otherwise I would have put off today's exercise!!

I'm interestered in the Nike+ challenge, would you mind telling me the name of it? Or I can PM you my email address. I need some sort of motivation these days!