Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

LITE for LIFE!!!!!!!

I did it, I am so proud of myself - I ran 3.5 miles without stopping. My 1st real 5K!!!!!! I graduated from Couch to 5K..

I love this thread and all of you (runners high!) When I start here I could only run 1 minute at a time in between walking. When I got to mile 2.5 I thought of all of you and how good it would feel to be able to tell you about it.

I feel like you all live in my neighborhood we chat over the fence! Your faces smiling in my mind pushes me on when my right hip says : "We are old , we should stop, we cant do this" I see all of you saying " yes you can" Keep going one foot at a time. thank you all soo much.

I will change my signature today to reflect my LITE affiliation and my graduation!!!! Luv, ya (gotta get back to work) Im smilin though!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay Ya'll...I really don't know what to do with myself. I didn't go to the gym, again, yesterday or this morning. I have been an emotional wreck lately. The other night I lost my temper with my daughter (something I never do). I literally cleared dinner from the table - food, glasses, plates went flying and I cussed at her. I scared myself. I scared her even more. I went to my room and cried for an hour. I just haven't been myself. My house looks like a tornado has hit and I really haven't cared to clean it. I really think I need some help.

Everyone at work has been asking if I am okay for a few days. I can't get my tantrum out of my head. Why did I flip out and it was over nothing? I've just been down lately. Maybe it is my hormones? Thyroid still not right? I called my doctor yesterday and made an appointment. I even broke down on the phone with the receptionist. She asked what was wrong (why I needed to get in)...I just started crying. She said, it is okay - can you be here friday at 8:45?

I just feel emotionally broken and I don't know why. In the mornings I say I'm getting on track and going to the gym...then by the afternoon I just don't care anymore. This is NOT me. This is the old fat Leslie that didn't care. I really need some help here and don't know where to turn.

Lyn... congratulations!!!! You've officially graduated! I'm so proud of your accomplishments... and proud for you too! I love the fact that you've signed up for the 1/2 marathon... lofty goals keep us moving forward, and I know that you will have such an amazing day!

Luluc... ohhh you have to wear something fun! I'd love to be there and do that triathalon. The biking would kick my butt, as I haven't been on a bike for 5 years! But the rest would be good and I love the whole halloween thing! I think you should go out and get one of those bra tops for women runners... in a sexy colour, then a pair of running shorts, and then put your hair in high up pig tails and paint on some freckles on your cheeks and some rosy overdone blush. Then you would be considered "dressed up" without interfearing with your performance... and you'd look cute!!!

Renewed & Georgia... separated at birth huh! LOL. Ok, I've but it in my signature too!

Georgia... you are so close to "graduating" to your 5k... I know you'll get there very soon!!!

Today I've got to run again on the treadmill :wink2: as its still pouring rain. But my training plan calls for tempo running, which is perfect for the treadmill anyways.

I have a question... I know seasoned runners will run in any weather, even on race day. What would you do on race day if it was raining?

Leslie... I'm glad you've got an appt with your Doctor. I think this has got to be related to your changing meds, thyroid or other hormonal issues. The thyroid can impact so many different glands... so is probably messing with you!

The fact that you've reached out for help to us and your doctor is an excellent sign and step. You know we really care about you and want you to succeed!

So for now, just talk to us or someone through your issues and then as the docs get to work figuring it out, we'll help you!

You might also want to let your DH know what's going on so he can help you through this too! Keep posting... I'm here. If I don't hear from you soon, I'll PM you too!

Oh Leslie, So sorry you are having a really hard time. I agree with kathy. Sounds like you meds/thyroid. I'm glad you are going to the doctor tommorow. Please keep posting. Sending you big cyber hugs. Hoping all of this is straightened out real soon...

Leslie~ ((HUGS)) I'm sorry you are going through this. I've had some hormone issues too, and it can make you do some wacky things! PM me if you need to talk. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

must be in the LITE water~

i should preface, i'm not one overly sensitive - hubby tells me i act like a guy sometimes...but today i just LOST it in the gym. i had my measurements, and though my weight is down - i gained inches on every damn part of me, up 2% body fat. with each body part, my trainer would look up at me - with the "what's up???" - dunno. he was going to give me a "break" in the computer, and i said just put it in as it is. then he started down the path if i'm eating emotionally - blah, blah, all while i'm swallowing tears down in the middle of the training area. i said lets just get started.

decent workout....was signing out & he started on the, i need to get my head in it again - i just turned around, choaking the tears with a Yea got it - and got my stuff out of the locker and cried in my truck.

hormones, full moon, planets not aligned properly - don't know ... but i can sympathize. off to eat a healthy snack:bored:

Oh Leslie, I'm so sorry you are feeling this way, but I can totally relate. It may be that your system is out of whack chemically, but it's also entirely possible that this HUGE adjustment it taking it's toll emotionally. We have had so many changes over the last 6 months, mostly for the good, but change can be stressful. Sometimes we don't realize that we try to hold onto the past in little ways. And Lork knows we as women don't take the time we need for ourselves to destress! And I say we because I'm talking to myself as well. For me, it was really scary to give up my bestfriend in the whole world...food. I know that sounds horrible, but it's true. food has always been there for me when I was down, stressed, whatever. Now it can't be or I should say I don't want it to be. I'm not saying that is what you are going through, but I do understand the emotional toll this journey has created. When I've had a bad day the first thing I want to do is eat, and there are days that I can't control it and I give in. We are human and we are going to do that from time to time.

There have been times at my house when I was sure my head actually spun all the way around while yelling for whatever reason. Usually it was nothing, just something that hit me the wrong way and I lost control. I, of course, felt terrible afterwards because I know I could never take it back. I just tried to make ammends as best I could and move on. With my girls, I always try to explain why I freaked out even if there is no explaination except to say "I goofed up".

I could say the things we all like to tell each other, "don't worry about it, it's over, move on". Which are all true, but I also know that won't help you feel better. So I'll just say I understand and no one here thinks you are a bad person or that you are failure. So you shouldn't think that either. You have done an amazing job and you are such a cool, wonderful, sweet, beautiful person. You messed up. So what? We all do it. Move on, it's over. HAHAHAH LOLOLOL! Look I said it anyway.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you. I think you are doing the right thing by going to your doc. Tell him exactly how you are feeling and if he's a good doc, he'll help you feel better, not just physically but emotionally as well. Asking for help is the best thing you could do for yourself and by taking care of yourself you are providing for your family. I hope you feel better soon because you are so loved here by us all!! Chin up girlfriend, things will get better soon!!

I have a very slim lead. Whosya 14.44 - Renewed - 19.93. That is, until he downloads his run. I'm sure my lead is short lived, but I am going to bask in it for the moment, and oh, it feels good.

I squeezed in 4 miles in 38 mins today before my spin class. I will download it tonight so your still ahead.

Next run is 4 miles on Sat and then 7 miles on Monday (yeah that gona hurt):wink2:

I want to run a Marathon one day and raise money for Lukemia. Everytime i feel like im getting tired i think about the ppl that have cancer and cant even run and all the painful treatments they have to go through and it totally takes my pain away.

Heres a good tip: Write the word cancer on the bottom of your running shoe and when you run and you get tired you can remind yourself your stamping on that word.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thanks ya'll...you all made my cry (and that is in a good way)! Your support means everything. I know if I'm having a bad day, I can get on here and you'll be here for me. I do get support at home - my husband and kids are wonderful - but they don't always get it. Thank you again - I love you all!

Heres a good tip: Write the word cancer on the bottom of your running shoe and when you run and you get tired you can remind yourself your stamping on that word.

smacked into reality - good tip, thanx

I squeezed in 4 miles in 38 mins today before my spin class. I will download it tonight so your still ahead.

Next run is 4 miles on Sat and then 7 miles on Monday (yeah that gona hurt):wink2:

I want to run a Marathon one day and raise money for Lukemia. Everytime i feel like im getting tired i think about the ppl that have cancer and cant even run and all the painful treatments they have to go through and it totally takes my pain away.

Wow whosya! That's awesome. I want to do some runs/events for breast cancer so that's an awesome idea. All I can say is WOW!

Whosya... having lost both parents, uncles and friends to cancer... I LOVE your suggestion. I've got the marker out and am going to do it! After all, this is exactly why I started running... to get healthy so I could hopefully beat cancer myself!!!

Thanks Whosya. I will definately do that. My mother is a breast cancer survivor. I actually started running to run the Susan G Koman 5K last year. I ended up walking a lot of it, but did it in honor of my mom. I don't ever want to forget how good that felt.

Back to my competitive me. Jsut got home from running. Ran 5 miles again today. You have a lot of running coming up. I am definately going to have to kick it into high gear!! This is such great motivation, and we both win!! How cool is that!!

Renewed... you are just flying!!! Good for you. How are you holding up re: TT... are you getting nervous or excited???

Georgia... love the new pic on your progress!!!

Ok... I caved in to the shopping bug! Although I don't have the money... I really needed the emotional lift, and really needed the clothes! LOL. If I get another interview with 3M I'll need another suit, and when I start working I certainly need it as I've got no business clothes that fit. So, now that I've explained my logical reasoning... here's what I got!!!!

* Black blazer that is short waisted, and looks really elegant

* Grey pencil skirt... very sleek and sexy

* chocolate brown pencil skirt... same cut

* Pink sweater

* Black coat with a faux fur collar

I got them all at a normal sized clothing store... not a plus size store!!! I can't believe they fit... everything I tried on fit!!! I absolutely loved trying on everything!!!! What a great emotional lift. So now I'm set pretty good with some business clothes. I better get this job!!