Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Welcome Lacey!! I actually changed the routine up after week 4. I couldn't seem to get past it, so I kinda made my own plan. Good luck with it!!

WTG Whosya!!

Kathy~ I haven't been online much. I still feel pretty bad, so I skipped exercising today. Hopefully I can manage to do something tomorrow...

I guess they fixed the website. It was wierd last night, or early this morning rather. There was nothing under the exercise or food sections. Anyway, glad it's back to normal!!

Welcome Lacey... week 5 seems to be a hard one for most of us. My advice... just empty your head, don't think about it and just go for it. If you can't do the 20 min full out, no worries... try again next time. I spent 3 or 4 weeks at week 5, increasing my time slowly. I found the intervals messed me up at that point. Most of all... I find my head will either work for me or against me... mostly against me! LOL. Good luck!

Hi everyone! I am posting to let ya'll know that Renewed's DS is very sick. He has staph infection and there is a possibility that it could be in his blood. Poor little fellow is very very sick. Ya'll please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure Renewed will update us when she can.

Thanks Georgia. Just put Dylan to bed. He is a very sick little guy. The doctor lanced, drained and packed a lesion on his bottom today. He has a bunch of little red areas that they called satelite lesions that we are watching very closely. Thankfully many of them are fading, but there are 4 that are a little larger and more red tonight. He is not eating or drinking much and threw up his new antibiotic. He is still running high fever. The doctor is pretty sure that it is MRSA staph. They did blood cultures today to see if it is in his blood because he is getting all of these little satelite lesions. She put him on tylenol with codeine and he is a pretty happy camper. In the morning she will remove the packing and see how that spot looks and may have to lance a spot right beside it. He has got tiny busted blood vessels on his face and neck from crying while she lanced the areas this afternoon. I dread going through that again tommorow. Please pray that he will get well quickly. I may not be on much, but i will keep yall posted.

Goody night.

Thanks Georgia and Kathy. We just got home from the doctor. He looks a little better today. She removed the packing and squeezed out a bunch more yuck and then repacked his wound. His temp this morning was 101.7, which is much better than 105. We go back tommorow to repck the wound and do more lab work to see if his white count is coming down. He is not eatnig or drinking much at all. He has only had 1 wet diaper today and it was barely wet. He has got to start eating and drinking if he is going to stay out of the hospital through all this. Overall, I feel like things are better today. I will keep you posted.

BTW, Why has this thread gotten so quiet I wonder???? I miss reading all the posts. Where is everybody??

Renewed... glad to hear Dylon is doing better... still in my prayers. Keep me posted.

I don't know why the thread is so quiet... scary! I was wondering if everyone went away on vacation!

I haven't run since Friday! I've been too busy to run today, so will have to wait until tomorrow! If I'm not careful... I'll forget how! LOL

very quiet....:laugh:

renewed - glad your son is feeling better, hope his infection clears up soon!!

not really posted, as i've been doing much more weight training the last 2wks, and only have run 3 times. floundering about where to "go next" in this workout deal....can't do the tri the end of oct; conflicts w/the night before costume party & can't commit to not having a "good time"....LOL

do plan on running in the AM; shooting for over 4miles - we'll just see how that all pans out....LOL

I'm still not feeling 100%, but I think I am going to try to run this evening. I miss all the posts too. Seems like this thread is fading a little. Let's keep it going!! We've come so far together and I love the support here. Have a great day everyone!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm being a slacker/i.e. lurker this week. The kids are out of school on Fall Break. No gym this week for me. I have been doing a TON of cleaning though. I have a crazy schedule with the folks coming to town and all. They are keeping the kids at my house while DH and I go out of town this coming weekend. We're going to Memphis on Friday. We're going to Graceland and Sun Studios - lots of walking around. Staying at the Mariott near Beale Street. I know I'll get back on plan on Monday when I get back!!! I'm going to enjoy myself though. It has been a while since we've gone anywhere without the kids (trip/weekend wise). My in-laws are coming too. My anniversary is in a couple of days and my birthday too - so yea - I'm celebrating!!! Just hoping I don't gain any weight. I'm not getting an unfill...but am not planning on counting every little calorie either. I'm at a good restriction - it will help me from overdoing!

so glad to hear little man is doing better..i'm not running due to knee problems, so i'm weight lifting, walking and bikeing.Plan to stick with basic program and walk extra fast when i should be running. hopefully by first of the good to go..the pounds are coming off, wished i could tone up fast. honey keeps reminding me it won't happen over night. hmmm. everyone have a great night. prayers and hugs to u all

Renewedhope - sending prayers for your little man and for you as well - it is so frightening when our little people are sick MRSA is nothing to mess around with. lots of handwashing for the family.

Kathy - did you hear from your job yet? I haven't gotten word yet - they are suppose to decide this week - lots of prayers please.

I have shin splints from my Sunday run! darn it. It is my fault I wore a different pair of shoes. My trainer said no running today. I will run Thursday then the 1/2 marahon is Saturday - Remeber I will probably only run 4-6 miles total and walk the rest. I would love to be able to run the whole thing in April. We will see.

Everything seems quiet around here. Come on everyone get off your butt - run and give us an update.

When I was running on Sunday- I had a strange thought (nothing new HUH?) I remember when I really struggled with my breathing. Remember: Two Two Two Two Two. I don't even think about it any more. I would have never believed that. I also don't notice my heart pounding out of my chest either. My last major achievement was the last part of my return home is a giant hil with an incline of about 30%. It is 250 steps up _ I count- I can zip up there pretty good now. I am amazed at what I can do now that I couldn't do three months ago.

I have a question for everyone: What would you like to accomplish within the next three months? with your exercise? Your body? Your life?

I expect a full report within 24 hours.......I will be checking in tomorrow evening.

I'm still not feeling well, but I managed to run a mile today. I'm all stopped up and can't hardly talk, so anything more than a mile makes it extremely hard to breathe. DH is sick as well.

Leslie~ Have a great time!!

memom~ Sorry about your knee. Sounds like you are still doing great though. Sometimes you just have to do what you can.

I have a question for everyone: What would you like to accomplish within the next three months? with your exercise? Your body? Your life?

I expect a full report within 24 hours.......I will be checking in tomorrow evening.

Lets see......I will be running a 5k next month (hopefully running all of it). I need to get my butt in the gym and work on strength training. So, I plan to get better in that area. I'm really hoping in 3 months time I can lose at least 30 more pounds. That would put me in Onederland!! I haven't seen a one in front of my weight since I was 18...ten years ago!! That will be a day worth celebrating!!!!

Advice please. I read the speeds someone else said they were walking/running at and did the conversions to metric so I could understand it :regular_smile: and realised that I am going WAY slow ;). I've been increasing my intervals and feeling that I'm ready to move forward but don't know if I should try to increase the speed at the current interval or up the intervals again. Which do you recommend? Or should I do both and step my way up, i.e. increase the speed at the current interval, then increase the interval at a slower speed, then increase the speed till I can do that interval at the higher speed, etc?

I haven't run in a few days. Dylan ended up deing admiteed to the hospital yesterday because he wouldn't drink and didn't have any wet diapers yesterday. They gave him iv antibiotics and iv fluids. He is MUCH better this morning. He is peeing and drinking a little. We got to come back home. Oh, and some GREAT news, the culture showed regular staph not MRSA!! I think he is on the road to recovery!!