Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Sugar, I'm glad you took wannabe off. I have not ran in a week either. I am just having a case of the 1 year blah's like luluc or anicipation of surgery has got my focus off. Not sure what, but not running lately. DH doesn't think I should run past Wednesday anyway. My surgery is Fridaya dn he thinks it is good to give my body a break before surgery. Anyway, my pointis, this thread has turned into so much more than an exercise thread. keep posting becuas you have something to contribute.

BTW, I giggled when I read where you posted that I have gone full cirlce. I don't know if you ko, but the docotr plans to make my tummy incision all the way around my back, so I will literally go full circle. A great way to represent a lifechanging year!!

Renewed - Your DH is probably right. You body needs some rest for the big day. A nice long walk with your family might fit the bill.

It is beautiful here in WV with the changing leaves. God sure knows how to paint a picture. Hubby and I actually had a date night last night. Our plans were to take a walk at a nearby park to enjoy the fall colors and do dinner. It rained, so we did dinner and rented a movie.

Sounds like a great night. We went out to Celebrate DH birthday. We took the boys. I love my boys dearly, but I found myself wishing for a date night. When we had the 5 kids we had date night each week. we havn't done that since they left. We should have a date night..

Renewed - you need to fit a date night in before surgery. It will be awhile before you are up to having a little extra activities. :tongue_smilie:

Renewed... you definately need a date night before surgery... something reminicent of the 4-wheeler perhaps!!! LOL.

Its nice to read all the activity last night and today... we're all alive and active again! DH is working overtime today, so its just me and the kids. Have to share this one...

As I've mentioned, my son is developmental, so its hard to explain or reason with him at times and he can get very emotional. He is completely adicted to video games, which we use to help reinforce good behaviour. Today he woke up in a horrible mood and it continued thorugh grocery shopping and when we got home. He usually gets to play games for a little while on Sat before lunch, so when I told him no, he had to be happier and be nice to his sister, he went into his room to sulk. I eventually went in and we talked it through and I let him go downstairs to play.

I went down a few minutes later to see how he was and mentioned to him that his games were getting way too messy (all over the floor) and that we'd have to take some time this week to clean up. I hadn't expected him to clean it up, it was just an observation.

About 30 min later he came upstairs and told me he needed me to come see something. He usually does that when he's stuck on a game and needs me to read the instructions to get him through. So I went downstairs to help... and what a surprise... he had completely cleaned up his game area. All the games were put away, all the toys were organized and it was perfectly straight. He had a sheepish, proud look on his face. I was so proud, I almost cried. Its not that he can't do this... he has just never taken on the responsibility and the initative to do it without me pushing him. Ok, I know TMI, but I'm just so proud of him I had to share.

renewed - your getting your Tummy Tuck on your bandiversary? that' is so fantastic....

some days i think your just PUMPED for a workout - others (like today) i just want to take it easy....still went to the gym, but walked for 30min - did the bike 30min.

sugarbean - even a walk counts!!!

welcom lacey

fanny - i'll be in australia in jan for 2wks, perth - right??? congrats on getting to onederland!!!

georgia - what a great xmas present to yourself getting in the 100's!!!

kathy - great story, love hearing about your son...keep posting those moments.....also another one close to onederland.., we'll have to have a virtual party here soon!!!

lyn - how was the run??!!

shopping note: not sure what you guys wear running or at the gym, but when not running - i live in yoga pants. sams club has bally total fitness yoga pants pckg 3: capris $15.99 & regular length $19.99. they are SO comfortable & hubby thinks my butt looks too small:w00t: love that!!

happy saturday!

OK you all know I have gearing up for this SATURDAY run! It is Sunday. One more day to motivate (I guess)

My trainer kept telling us, "don't forget no running on Saturday before the race" I said No kidding, Did you think we are going to run before the race. Everyone kind of looked at me funny. It wasn't until later that day when I looked at the paper work did I realize the race is Sunday instead of Saturday. I called the train and explained - she laughted and said wouldn't it be funny if you showed up on Saturday all ready to run and you were the only one there!!!!!

So keep your thoughts coming! The race starts at 0730 eastern standard time. Send me your legs!!!!

You guys I am so motivated; I can't believe how excited I am to run. I feel like a horse in the gate. I am loading up on the Water today.

I want each and everyone of you to get off of your butts and get on those treadmills. You know you SHOULD do it, you CAN do it and you WILL do it. Do excuses - DO IT!!!!!!!:tongue_smilie:

Lyn... LOL! Ok, we'll keep sending our positive thoughts for tomorrow... and our legs!

Sugar... its so nice to have you back posting! Thanks.

Ok, DH is finally home and we're heading out to the park to see the beautiful fall colours... georgous here in Ontario!!!

Luluc, yes I'm in Perth and if I'm not up on site, I'd love to meet up for a coffee or something! Let me know the dates and I'll check my roster to work out if I'm going to be in town. Come prepared for some HOT dry weather at that time of year!

I think I'll change my name to "Lurker" :w00t: Sorry not to post more often. I just don't seem to have much to contribute. I can't seem to find time for exercise and my eating has been horrible. But, you all are doing great! I still read all the time and have so much admiration for all of you.

Renewed - good luck with your surgery! I'll be thinking of you.

Luluc - my hubby made some "skinny butt" comment to me today. I just might hae to go pick up some of those yoga pants so he'll keep sayin it!

Lyn - good luck with your race. Wow! You are one brave lady!

Georgia - congrats on the 30 minutes! Thats awesome.

Kathy - awesome story about your son. Can he come help me clean up my place? hahaha

Holy crap! I am about ready to cry!!!

I just checked online for last minute details about the race. Apparently I was suppose to pick up my race packet yesterday or today. There is NO same day pick up. I didn't know. I called my trainer and she said yes I was suppose to do it. She said I should still go and try to run. It says online that NO unregistered people will be able to run. I am registered, but I won't have a number.

I have all my stuff ready to go. What would you do? Should I go or just forget it.

I feel pretty confident I am not going to be able to run at this point. I am so pissed off!! I was ready.

Help.

Lyn - I am so sorry. I now you are so ready for tomorrow's run. Maybe you could go in the morning and explain that this is your first run and you did not know the policy. Beg if you have to. Maybe they will feel sorry for you. After all, you are registered. Good Luck!

Lyn... go and try!!! I bet there will be others like you, and they will probably be prepared. If you get there and they say no, then cheer on your buddies at the start, and chalk it up to learning. But don't kick yourself or worry about it! No sense in worrying... that won't fix anything and if you spend all night worrying and then are allowed to run... it will hurt your run. Good luck!

Mamato... glad to hear from you! As for loaning out my son... he's still got the rest of the house here to do!!! HAHA

We went for a long walk tonight with the kids. The sun was just starting to set and all the trees are changing colours. It was breath taking! Tomorrow is supposed to be very bright and sunny, but cold! So we're heading to a pumpkin patch that has a corn maze, wagon rides, camp fires and lots of activities. Should be lots of fun!