Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

DH and I have the day off together with our son. He has a neurologist appt later today - nothing major, just his quarterly checkup. Anyways, we are all going to go to the park and run together. This should be fun! Then its off to Starbucks for hot chocolate and coffee! It is very cold out... about -2 C, which is about 28 F. But, off we go! Have a great day everyone!

Sounds really fun Kathy!!

Oh my, I am soooo sore today. I thought my abs would be really sore, but it's my legs and butt! I guess it was all those squats in Zumba!! Maybe I'll be recovered before Zumba on Friday, lol.

Georgia... its a good pain... in the butt! LOL, good for you.

Well the run was terrific. DH and DS ran together (both faster than me), so they'd run for awhile and then slow down to walk until I caught up, then take off again. We ran for about 3km. It was really cold... I had a hat, gloves, long sleeves, pants and a runner's coat on. I was comfortable, not too cold, but the extra clothing took a bit to get used to, and breathing in the cold air was different too. Overall it was much harder, but we had a lot of fun.

We then took him for his hot chocolate (we promised) and then we all went out for a nice Breakfast. All in all, a really nice morning.

Tommorrow is my turn to spend with my DD. I'm going to go to school with her, help her on "picture day" and then she has a doctor's appt in the afternoon... so we'll hang out for the day. This way, I get to have one on one time with both kids before work starts.

Where is everyone! Are we dying out? Hope not!

Renewed... best wishes for tomorrow! I'll send prayers for an excellent surgery and a speedy recovery!

very quiet.

can't run till monday - so; i've been a lurker.

renewed posted on your PS page; hope surgery is uneventful & recovery very smoothe!!!

Here is a little update on my life and running adventures.

I did NOT get the job I interview for. I am not that disappointed about not getting the position - I am pretty competitive -I like to WIN!. I am really ok about it. Kathy, I said a prayer weeks ago that if only one of us could get our job I asked that it would be you. It seemed like a win-win. Prayers are answered every day.

I ran only 2 mile this morning. I am still struggling with my turf toe!!!!!! I could have went more, but I am suppose to run a 5k Saturday.

I just heard on the new that it is suppose to rain and be very cold on Saturday. I am not taking it too serious; I will do it regardless of the weather. I may just bundle up and walk it. It depends. It is kind of fun to not be stressed out about it.

Renewed - I just wanted to stop in quick and say GOOD LUCK tomorrow!!! I'll check in on you Saturday evening. I am packing for the soccer tournament. We leave tomorrow after lunch for a cold and probably rainy weekend. GO MCA!!!

Lyn - I am sorry that you did not get the job. I am glad that you have a good attitude.

Thanks guys. I am getting everything ready.. I am so excited!!

Lyn, I would say sorry about the job, but I just know there is something better out there for you!! When one door closes another one opens. I can't wait to see what amazing door opens for you!! Your prayer for Kathy was very touching. It's amazing how you can care so much for people you have never actually met in person!

Yall have a great weekend!!

Lyn~ sorry about the job. But like Renewed said, something even better will come your way. Keep your spirits up.

I missed Pilates this morning, but I ran tonight. I kinda switched it up and did intervals. I ran at a speed of 5.5 and some at 6.0 and walked at 3.5 with a distance of 3.2 miles. Thought it would be a good idea to switch it up every now and then. My butt and legs are still sore from Zumba Tuesday and I'm doing it again in the morning and I might run too, just depends on how tired I am after Zumba.

I will let you guys know as soon as I hear from Renewed's DH. It will probably be mid-late afternoon before I hear something. I'm praying for you girl...

Thanks Georgia.

I posted these on my PS thread, but i wanted to post them here too. Not only is tomorrow my surgery but it is also my bandiversary. What a difference a year can make!!!jpg.gifjpg.gif

post-225179-13813137788994_thumb.jpg

post-225179-13813137789148_thumb.jpg

Renewed....you look freakin' fantastic!!! Wow, you inspire me.

Let's all send out prayers and good thoughts for Renewed. She should be arriving at the hospital right about now and going into surgery in about an hour or so.

I'm saying a prayer for you now. My best band buddy is gonna be smokin' hot!