Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

happy bandiversary renewed!!!

thinking of ya this morning - what a yr is right, such a transformation!!

I've been sending up my prayers for Renewed and her surgeon today! What an amazing accomplishment in 1 year... love the photos! You are already beautiful... now you're going to be amazing!

Lyn... your kindness and thoughtfulness made me cry... in a good way! All I can say is Thank You! I am so happy for you to have a job you really love. I'm sorry that you didn't get the opportunity to take on this new challenge, but God answers prayers in different ways. My family and I thank you!

I hold all of you so close to my heart... it is really touching to see that returned!

DH and I did our dance lesson last night... what a hoot! It was hillarious, and fun. We can't go next week, as I'm travelling with my new job (already!), but will go the following week. All I really want out of this is to not look like a dork on the dance floor. Happily, I can report that I believe we will do ok... not great, but good enough!

I think I might need another fill soon. I've been able to eat a bit more than usual, and have noticed my cal count on TDP is going up, so I think I'll need an adjustment soon. My last fill was back in April, and I've lost about 40 lbs since then. I've got a 10cc band with only 6.25 cc in it, so I've got lots of room to fill if needed.

I'm heading out for a run shortly before it rains. I'll check back later to see how Renewed is doing!

It's raining cats and dogs here. Well, I've had a busy morning. I went to Zumba this morning. It was sooooo fun!! Then, I ran on the treadmill (high intensity run and walk intervals). Then, one the trainers at the Y, worked with me and my SIL on upper body and abs. I am sooooo tired...but it's a good tired, lol.

I think that's gonna take me through the weekend. I'm not planning on doing much until Monday. We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow and I just can't find the time to do anything on Sundays. Between church, lunch, choir practice, then church again, there's no time, lol.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be sure to let you guys know when hear about Renewed. She's in surgery as we speak. I'm soooo excited for her. Can't wait to hear from her hubby!!

Hi guys! I just got home and I thought I would update about Renewed. I talked with her DH about an hour ago and she was still in surgery. They decided to do the 360 degree lift, all the way around the tummy and back, and that's probably why it's taking a little longer than expected. He's going to call me when she is out of surgery, but I'm going to have to leave in just a bit, so it may be a little while before I can post again.

Keep sending up your prayers and positive thoughts. I'll update again as soon as I can.

Prayer for a painless speedy recovery for Renewedhope - Happy 1 year!!!!!!

I am suppose to run in the pumpkin run in the morning- it is raining cats and dogs here and suppose to be cold. Would you do it anyway? Just wondering what you would do?

Why does the band feel tighter somedays than others. I really think I could use about a .5cc fill most days and other days I think it is fine. It has been 3 months since surgery and I have 7cc in my 10cc band. Why do some people require less than others? Dies it have to do with your weight???

Why is it I can run 4 miles without stopping somedays and other days I can barely get two in?

I just got out of a hot tub bath and am in my comfy pj's watching it rain with my doggies. I think I will have a glass of wine and contenplate the questions listed above. I am in a very introspective mood tonight (and it is only 6:00 pm)

This weekend we are clearing out my inlaws house of all their worldly possessions. My father in law died about 6 years ago and my mother in law died this summer. It is really kind of sad, isn't it. I guess that is why I am kind of instrospecting about the mysteries of the world.

Off to ponder!! Lynn:mellow:

Georgia... thanks for the update. I've been thinking about her all day!

More prayers for you Renewed!

Lyn... interesting questions! Whenever I had questions that plagued humanity, my father would share a thought with me. Now that he has passed on, I'll take it upon myself to share it with you...

"The Baline Whale eats its entire body weight each day in baby shrimp. But this takes a huge amount of time, as its throat opening is just this tiny tiny opening the size of a quarter. Many biologists have pondered this situation and asked why? Why would this creature have such a small opening when it takes so much food to sustain itself? Surely it would have evolved to have a larger opening to be more efficient. But no, it has not, so the whale must continue to feed all day long. So you may ask yourself your questions and ask Why? But the answer is so simple... Because that is the way it is."

Now imagine this being told by a great storyteller, and you'll get the effect that I had. So there's my contribution to your pondering. BTW, I have no idea is any of his story is correct or not, it was just interesting! LOL.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, I feel honored that you passed your family story on to me.. And yes I found it deep and insightful. Thank you so much.

Okay guys, Renewed is doing GREAT!! She called me herself and she sounded sooooo good! The surgery went very well. She is staying in the hospital overnight and should be going home tomorrow. I can't get over how good she sounded on the phone.

They did do the 360 degree lift and I'm soooo glad it worked out that they could. I'm soooo excited for her and I can't wait to see her results!!

She appreciates all your prayers and support. Keep remembering her in your prayer and thoughts as she recovers. She will be posting as soon as she feels up to it. Thanks guys!

Thanks Georgia for the update. I know I had a huge sigh of relief when I read your post. I don't know about the procedure, but just based on my imagination... it sounds like pulling up your socks. LOL.

I discovered something... my pumpkin pie without the crust is sort of healthy. It has Protein, fibre, low fat and not too bad in the carbs. As long as I don't eat the crust... its a good dessert! So I'm going to make some in custard dishes!

Congrats Renewed on your bandiversary and surgery. I hope you heal quickly!

As for me, I did week 5 day 3 today. I had been stressing about it since last week, thinking there was no way I was ready for a 20 minutes run. Today, it was no big deal...I could have ran longer but had to pick up my daughter from swim lessons. I am so thrilled!

Renewed - WOW you are already posting. Congrats on you 1 year Bandaversary. You look absolutely great. Prayers for a quick recovery.

We went to Charleston for DS soccer tournament. They played so well, however, they lost both games. 2-1 for both games. Most of the boys on the other teams were big 8th graders. Our team is mostly 6th graders. We lost in overtime the 2nd game. We had a great time though.

When we were at the hotel, DH and I went to the fitness center. I RAN on the treadmill. I was not dressed to run. I was in jeans and a long sleeve shirt (It was cold at the soccer game) and I do not think there was any air conditioning in that little room. I thought I would die of heat. I ran and walked for 15 minutes and then rode the exercise bike for a while. DH and I have decided to get a treadmill soon. Any suggestions on brands?

Also, my SIL just got her first fill. Her doc told her that she did not have to do liquids after her fill. I have always heard and been told that you have to do liquids and then soft foods before you go back to normal foods. What does your doc tell you?

Renewed... glad to hear from you. Rest well!

DE... congrats girl! Your first 20 min run! You must feel great!

Sugar... yeah for running. I know you've taken a break for the last little while, so I'm happy for you in stepping back on. I have a "Bodyguard" treadmill. It is great. We got a model that has a shock absorbing tread which really does help. As for fills, my doc wants me to be on liquids for the rest of the day on fill day, but can return to normal eating the next day.