Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Thanks Luluc. I will look for the thread. I am going to have to make sure I get lots of Protein. I like vanilla Atkins shakes and I have lots of those.

I have Shakira hips in my room in front of the mirror when no one is looking. LOL I would love to try Zumba. It is not offered here, but I have thought about ordering the DVD's several times.

zumba sounds fun - i got shakira hips..., well in my head only:tongue:

LOL! Your Shakira hips would benefit you then, because there is a lot of shakin' going on, lol. I forgot how fun dancing was, since I haven't done it in like 10 years. I'll be doing it again on Friday.

I have Shakira hips in my room in front of the mirror when no one is looking. LOL I would love to try Zumba. It is not offered here, but I have thought about ordering the DVD's several times.

I read on the Zumba thread that the DVD's are hard to follow. I dunno though? My MIL has been trying to get me to do it for months and I didn't think I would like it, but I did. tI was a great workout too because I was very sweaty when I left.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Zumba is so much fun! Georgia you liked it? I love it - I get better each time. My abs were really sore afterward (the first class) and my back area...all that twisting.

I keep hearing you guys talk about Zumba, so I googled it. Looks fun! Don't think we have it here though. As for dancing... DH and I have a dance lesson (date) on Thurs night. Should be fun... although, he's no dancer!

Thanks Luluc. I will look for the thread. I am going to have to make sure I get lots of Protein. I like vanilla Atkins shakes and I have lots of those..

blooeyes, is the queen of taking Atkin drinks & whipping up some fantastic protein drink....i'm hooked on choc cheesecake one myself now.

i have hips don't lie in my head now....LOL i'm IM'ing w/my friend in FW & her gym has zumba on sat/sun mornings - i'm going to strut my big ol' hips in & give it whirl this wkend. LOVE to dance - hubby agreed to take mambo/ball room this winter w/me and i'm holding him to it...he rather country dance & i can only be spun around 100 times before i'm done.:biggrin:

Renewed... if you like spicy, I have a yummy Soup recipe. Not much Protein, but really tastes great, goes down easily and makes you feel good. I know, not the right thread... oh well:

Cajun Sweet Potato Soup

2 tbsp butter or marg or oil

2 onions, chopped

2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 2 lbs)

3-4 tbsp Cajun Seasoning (your favourite seasoned blend brand)

4-5 cups chicken broth

1/4 cup lime juice

In medium pot, stirfry onions until softened. Add sweet potatoes, seasoning and 4 cups broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Purée the mixture with a hand blender or food processor. Add lime juice and additional broth if desired.

Makes 8 servings; 1 cup each

Nutrition per Serving

Calories 138

Protein 3g

Total Fat 3g

Carbohydrate 25g

Fibre 2g

Sodium 578mg

Kathy, it's funny you should that about your hubby. Mine is the same way. I roped him into coming in the Zumba class with me because he was off work today. He was soooooo funny to watch. He was giving me "the look" through the whole class. He didn't enjoy it at all, lol. He felt awkward and told me he almost pretended to get a phone call so he could leave, lol. Typical man I guess. I loved it though.....it was very fun!!

I forgot how much rythme I actually had. In my smaller days, I was quite the dancer. It's great to feel comfortable doing it again.

luluc~ You'll have a great time at Zumba!! If you like to dance, you'll enjoy it.

Leslie~ Yes, I loved it!! Yeah, there is quite a bit of twisting going on. My abs should be really sore with the zumba and the pilates.

My dh promised a couple of years ago that if I ever got own to 150 he would take dance classes with me. I get to choose the kind. He thought that was a pretty safe bet as I wasn't planning to get lapband at teh time. He doesn't dance at all. I will be cashing in on that offer. Now he is trying to trade it in for a trip, just the 2 of us, to Cancun. I don't know if I can let him off that easy. He may just have to give me both!!!

That Soup looks wonderful. I love sweet potato anything, mainly pie. LOL I think I will have to make that Thrusday night to have here ready for me. I made Mexican chicken stew last night. I am making pumpkin Chili tonight. This way I will have something to eat when I get home. DH has already informed me that he and DS will take the opportunity to live on Sonic for the next week. Healthy huh?? I also have some unflavored Protein Powder that I can add to the sweet potato soup. YUMMY!!!

Oh yeah... when I first got banded I added the Protein powder to that Soup and my butternut squash soup too. I just finished making the sweet potato soup... DH & my favourite! Easy and yummy!

Renewed, I think you should start with the dance lessons... get him to do the thing he doesn't want to do, then go for the trip... afterall, he'll want to do that, and you can put the dancing lessons to good use then!

Ok, I have to admit... my lessons are not going to be for anything so cool as salsa dancing... mine is for ballroom dancing! LOL, right now all my DH knows how to do on a dance floor is to hold me and turn in circles. If I want a fancy move... I have to lead! To get him to dance to anything with rhythm would require copius amounts of alcohol and maybe a brain transplant!!!! But at least we get to ballroom dance! Hey... did I mention this was his idea!

So I think I'll have to live my Zumba through you guys!

Yes I did, and it is sooo yummy. I thought it sounded weird, but I saw where you posted that you liked it, so I decided to try it. I was very impressed. I make it with groud venison. In fact, I better go get it started!!

Renewed, did you get the pumpkin chili recipe from the low carb thread? If so, it's reallly good. I made a while back and I loved it!!

do you have that link???

think i'm making a bunch of Soups this wkend..:biggrin: