Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Way to go Lyn, Aclubb and georgia!! Look at all of you little running machines.

WOOHOO on teh job kathy!!!!!!! I am giong to miss your midday posts. You are going to ROCK your new job!!'

bea, you are doing great!! Keep it up!!

Whosya, My surgery is Friday and I haven't been running this week (or last for that matter).. So, you are still kicking my butt. I will be out of commision for a few weeks and then it will be walking only for a few more. So... You will probably have you nike+ back before I am up to another challenge, but, never fear, I'll be back!!!

Kathy, It helps me so much to look at the journey from the start. SOmetimes I get so fixed on the rightnow, I fail to see the overall picture and progress. My bandiversary is Friday. I have been a little frustrated that I didn't get 10 more pounds off before surgery, and than I am not going to lose 100 in a year. As I look back on the last year, I am amazed at myself and my accomplishments. I iwll never be the same. nether will my family. Thanks for the reminder!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Renewed - How's your boy? I read and meant to post earlier that I'm sorry he's been so sick.

Congrats on the job Kathy!

Aclubb you did it!! I know exactly how you feel. I too was so overwhelmed with completing the race that I cried because I was so proud of myself. I didn't have anyone at the finish line either. My brother came to see me but I finished quicker than I anticipated and he missed me by 1 minute. I'm proud of you. :biggrin:

So sad to hear Lyn that you weren't able to compete. Your granddaughter is a smart girl. They'll definately be a next time.

Renewed hope you took that date night. It may be awhile since you're going to be laid up for awhile. Hope all goes well with the surgery Fri.

Go....Georgia!!! Your race is coming up and it looks like you're well prepared. Keep Stompin'

Fanny, sounds like you have a plan.

Bea - that's awesome! 7.0!!??!!! I'd fly off the back of the treadmill.

Believe me, it's an all out sprint for my little shorty-short legs!! LOL!! Hence, only 30-45 secs at a time! I'm seriously thinking about moving my treadmill around to give me more room in case something like that happens! LOL!

Georgia & All... I know we all think "I've been at this for so long", and don't always see the progress we've made. Well, reality check time....

• 1 year ago (for most of us or less...) we were all morbidly obese and the thought of climbing stairs was scary... the thought of running would have been hillarious
  • Less than 4 months ago (again, shorter for many of us) we embarked on this thing called running... and each ran our Day 1 Week 1 session... and again, most of us were SURPRISED we could actually do it
  • Now many of us (and soon all of us) are running for 30+ minutes (45+ and more too) to complete 5k races (and 10k, triathalons and 1/2 marathons). That is like a Quantum Leap from where we were 4 months ago, let alone where we were a year ago!

So congratulations to all of us for achieving what we have so far... even if it is just your first week. We have truely conquered our weight issues, even if the scale hasn't complied yet... we've succeeded and time will prove it to the rest of the world. Well done!!!

Amen Sister!! We all should remember that when we hit plateaus or even just have a bad day! I used to have this dream at my heaviest weight that I could run again. It was sort of like the "Live Free" moment for Marty on Madagascar! LOL! It felt so great to be able to do that again, in my dream. Then of course I would wake up and realize I couldn't "live free". But I AM NOW, BABY!!!! It's the best thing ever!! :biggrin::thumbup::wub:

Leslie, my little guy is diong MUCh better. We have been released from the doctor unless he has further problems. Thanks for asking.

Tootie, I forgot to post this.. DH has been working a lot of overtime, so I didn't see a date night in our future before surgery. Well...his parents came and got the boys to spend the night last night so we had our date night. We went to Goody's, Hastings, Walmart and out to eat. Then we came home and just chilled. We had a great time..

It's almost here. Surgery is Friday. I did hospital preop today. I can't believe I will have a flat tummy come Friday evening. I will beileve it when I see it!!

Renewed... so glad you got your date in before surgery! I'm so excited for you, I can't imagine how you feel! Just please remember to take it easy while healing. I know you... you're our "All or Nothing" girl. Please Please remember this surgery is going to take awhile to recover from. So take it easy and don't overexert yourself! Ok, enough mothering from me... I just care about you! I will be glued to your thread on Friday waiting for word from Georgia!

Thanks everyone on your well wishes on the job. I've finished my negotiations and have accepted it. I go tomorrow for my physical... funny, I'm actually looking forward to that! The last time I had a physical for a job, I was terrified due to my weight. Now I'm cool with it. So now I'm set to start on Monday.

I'm going to need to reset my whole life. I've been off work for 4 months... its going to be culture shock going back and having to get everything done again on our busy schedule. LOL... I've wanted this for a long time, now reality hits! I think I'm going to try getting up early to go for my run at 6am so I won't miss it. Imagine me... running in the morning! AHHHH! But, by the time I get home its too late to run outside, so I know excuses will win everytime. I'm going to look to you guys for some motivation via kicking my butt!

I ran today with the dog... man she is slow! I had to drag her most of the way. Don't think I'll be running with her much. Just long walks.

Ok, so tonight is celebration time, so I think I'm going to get sushi and DH and I can eat it in the bedroom watching Amazing Race (which I taped for him last night while he was working).

Kathy, I am so happy for you! Sounds like a great job. I should hear something this week on my potentually new job. I am in a win win situation. I have a great job now; but would love the new one as well.

Everyone is right my granddaughter is a smart cookie. However, she is also at a stage where she thinks passing gas is so funny. (she will be 10 in Dec) You know it is that gross stage! Wouldn't it be great to be able to enjoy our bodily functions and embrace our being with such joy. She thinks everything about her body is silly. Maybe we all take our selves a little too seriously. The next time you run and your body hurts - just marval at our pain receptors. The next time you are drench in sweat; encourage a family member to take a whiff!! And finally, the next time you think you can't run more minute; just laugh and run it anyway.

Have you ever watched a child run? They run over curbs, jump up on a log, twirl around, do a hop scotch, throws in a cart wheel, and runs fast again. Run like achild and laugh at your gas!!

aclubb & Gerogia - WTG!!! I am so proud of you both sticking with it and working hard.

Kathy- great news!!! It is weird not being able to post in the middle of the day. As a teacher (school librarian) having the summers off, I know.

Renewed - I will be out of town on Friday afternoon and Saturday. DS has a soccer tournament in Charleston. I want to give you lots of well wished now since we have a relatively busy week. I will probably be back on this thread, but you never know. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Quiet day again :biggrin:... oh well. I had my pre-placement physical today... and guess what... they said I was in terrific shape! Imagine that... me! That was nice to hear. My resting heart rate was 62 bpm, and BP of 102/65... I think that's good. LOL

Then I spoke to my new boss... apparently I'm already booked into a customer planning meeting being held next Wed & Thur out of town. Cool... I get to have a couple of days away to jump back into the world of work!

Well, off to run!

Very Cool Kathy. I am so happy for you!!!

Thanks Sugar!! I am really excited!! All of my preop stuff is done. Now it's just waiting until Friday!! 3 more days!!

Hello guys! This morning I went to a Pilates class and then a Zumba class right after that. It went really well. I think my legs and stomach will be HURTING tomorrow, lol. I was a little apprehensive about the Zumba class but I think I caught on very well and it was soooo much fun. One of the instructors commented on how good I did. I was pleasantly surprised with it. So, I think it will be something I do regularly from now on.

OMGosh, I posted it on my PS thread, but she decided not to unfill me. Since I don't have very good restriction she thinks I will be fine. I hope I don't get super tight. She said that if I get to tight she can always unfill me then. I thnk I'll pick up some Soups just in case.

OMGosh, I posted it on my PS thread, but she decided not to unfill me. Since I don't have very good restriction she thinks I will be fine. I hope I don't get super tight. She said that if I get to tight she can always unfill me then. I thnk I'll pick up some Soups just in case.

That's great!! I know you were worried about being unfilled. Having the Soup around is a great idea!

out on the food thread there is a 200 Protein Drink recipe list; might also be beneficial having some Protein while healing???

not running for a wk or so; have a broken varicose vein which is ugly & painful - so just walking & weight training...

zumba sounds fun - i got shakira hips..., well in my head only:tongue: