Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I started on the treadmill, and now I run outside if I have the option.

Ok, I can't o to sleep. I am so thirsty. I am drinking lots of Water and then going to bed. My legs feel like they each weigh a ton. I sure wish I knew about this run tommorow. I certainly would not have run 16 miles in the last 3 days. I am going to see how sore I am in the morning and decide for sure whether or not to go. I am hoping that lots of water and a good nights sleep will help to feel more rested. 10K is 6.2 miles and I did 6 tonight, so I know I can do it. I walked the last mile but I even think i can run the whole thing if my muscles in my legs are no too fatigued. We'll see in the morning.

Whosya~ LMBO at your "subliminal" message! LOL. Nice picture...you are looking pretty hot yourself!!

Renewed~ OMGosh...A 10K! You go!! I'm wishing you lots of luck tomorrow.

Turler~ I think the treadmill is best to start with too. Like I said, don't worry about your speed. You could start at 4.0 mph or lower if you need to. I've been running for a little while now and I probably only run at 4.5 mph. Good luck!!

Well, the bottom of my running shoes are black, but I found a small white space on both shoes and wrote "cancer" on them with a fine point sharpie. I love that idea and it really worked. I thought of it when I wanted to quit today and it kept me going. I did a whole 5k today. Still did not run the whole thing, but I did finish in about 40 minutes. I feel like I should be running the whole thing by now. I know I could probably go farther on the treadmill, but the walk trail is hilly in several spots, so I'm sure that makes a difference. I'm just ready to run the whole thing darn it!!

Morning everyone... I had a great day yesterday. Lots of fun people watching at the concert. Although my ears are still ringing!

Turtler... I started on the treadmill and then moved to outside. I prefer outside, but might not have if I started there. I'd suggest you try both and see where you prefer. Congrats on the shoes, and good luck. I find it addicting!!!

Renewed... WTG on the 10k. When you read this, you'll probably be finished... so congrats! I knew you'd go for the longer distances!!!!

Not sure if I'm going to run today or not. I've run 6 out of 7 days, so might... but not sure!

This is our Thanksgiving weekend. Tomorrow we're going to our friends for dinner. Should be fun. I'm making a pumpkin pie, and plan on eating it!!!

well, I didn't run the 10K. My legs still felt really tired this morning and Dh didn't want me to run it. He is always very supportive but gets a little frustrated when I don't listen to his opinions. He said that since I had run 16 miles in the last 3 days and that is new for me that I needed to let my body rest. He also said that my body is telling me to give it a rest and that if I don't I could end up injuring myself. Ok, I know he is right so I complied. I definately don't want to be so stubborn as to injure myself.

BTW, speaking of DH. I went to the track and ran last night. It was so mich outside. I went a little late and it got dark. Apparently DH called my cell phone but I didn't hear it runging. I was 10 minutes late. He came to the track in a panic looking for me. He was afraid I had been abducted. Bless his little heart. He was really scared. I am used to him working late and doing my own thing. I have never seen such a protective side of him. He wants me to start carrying a hand gun to run. LOL I told him it would weigh me down too much.

I think your hubby is right! You need a day of rest. There will be plenty of other races after you heal from surgery. And just think how much easier running will be without the loose skin.

Renewed... I agree that you should not push yourself too far. You've run a lot of miles the last few days... and there will be other races once you've healed up. When you're ready, you'll do great! Besides, you don't need a race to prove you rock! Your still kicking Whosya's butt... that's all the proof you need! HAHA.

Hi everyone. Nothing new to post, just wanted to touch base. DH and I went to the Ohio State Football game one of my favorite Saturday dates! Had a great day. I am going to try to run 4 miles outside in the morning. Our grandson's birthday is tomorrow. pizza, cake and ice cream!!! I amgoing to try to resist both. I am at 169 today and am trying so hard to get to low 160s by Nov.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

I ran the 4 miles Yeah! Did not eat cake and Ice cream. I did eat 4 pieces of pizza. darn it. Oh well, the 450 calories I burned went to a good cause.

How a good week my friends.

Lyn... good job on the 4 miles!!! I can barely get 1/2 slice of pizza in without it getting stuck! I'd actually like to enjoy the occassional slice of pizza or other food, but most starchy things I can't. chocolate goes down just fine, and most high fat ice creams... of course!

Had a great day today with our friends. They have a Wii Fit, so we all tried it out. My DS was having a ball playing soccer, running and hula. I tried the hula and running. What a blast. We're going to ask Santa for one!!! We have the Wii, just not the "Fit".

Glad to see everyone is enjoying their weekends... I assume, since no one is online! Well... happy Canadian Thanksgiving! LOL! I'm stuffed... we had ham, lots of veggies and pumpkin pie.... yummy! Now I have to run tomorrow!

WTG Lyn on the 4 miles!!!

Kathy, sounds like you had a blast!!

I have been a bit under the weather and today was my run day. This morning I said I was not going to run, but I ended up taking a small run this evening. I probably only ran about a mile straight and stopped, but with my sinus infection (or whatever this is), I couldn't breathe all that well. We are all sick. DS is still croupy and DH and I are getting something too. DH said I shouldn't have been running, but I didn't want to miss the day completely, lol. If I feel better tomorrow, I may attempt it again...

Where are all the exercise threads??????

We got moved to general support, which is fine, but where are all the other threads, like the october exercise challenge???

Very weird. I clicked on fitness and exercise, and only one thread comes up.....

Hi, Glad you skipped the 10k!!! i think you would of injured. Plus your already kicking my butt lol

So today was my long run. 7 miles. I did it in 1hr 11 mins. Phew. Never ran that far before.

Burned 1328 cals! Holy cow!

oh i forgot to tell you. I ran a 4mile race on Sat , about 200 ppl i did it , my time : 37mins.

The winner was 26mins..so im starting to get closer to placing in my age group.

next year!

Whosya... congrats! 7 miles is amazing and great time on your race!!!

Georgia... take a break if you're sick!!! I know you want to keep going, but if you're sick, running might prolong your healing?? Take care!

Ok, I didn't run all weekend. This is our holiday today, so we had a nice long weekend. I don't feel bad about taking the long rest. I've been going on long walks with the family, which have been fun, and enjoying the time with family & friends.

Where is everyone? There have only been a few posts all weekend?

I want to run a Marathon one day and raise money for Lukemia. Everytime i feel like im getting tired i think about the ppl that have cancer and cant even run and all the painful treatments they have to go through and it totally takes my pain away.

Heres a good tip: Write the word cancer on the bottom of your running shoe and when you run and you get tired you can remind yourself your stamping on that word.

I just want to say thank you, being a leukemia patient myself. I was diagnosed with CLL in February and so far have needed no treatments.

Did you find it easier to start on a treadmill or outside? I don't know how fast to put the treadmill...a little scared! LOL I currently power walk at 3.5 mph.

I am doing the treadmill right now, it is still just plain to hot and humid here to be outside. I am looking forward to moving outside though, so maybe the scenery will make the time go faster. I walk at 3.5mph and run at 4.5mph currently.

I've been lurking here for a bit...I am currently on week 4 day 2 (will be Thursday) with a goal of running our Feet to Faith 5K on December 13th. Was anyone else petrified about week 5? Any tips?

Edited by thatDEgirl