Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Nike+ is a sensor that tracks your running(speed, distance, etc). You put the snesor in your shoe and hook the other part to your ipod. If you don't have an ipod you can use a Nike+sport watch. After your runs you download the info to Nike+. Once you are set up you can join challenges. It is really a lot of fun and great motivation. Go to www.nikeplus.com to read all about it.

I'm familiar with the Nike+ system, but I'm interested in joining the challenge with you and whosyadaddy, but I can't locate the specific challenge you guys are doing. Would you mind emailing me the challenge. I will send you my email address in a pm.

Thanks again!

Eclipse

OK, I'm following you. I think I will see what I can do. I have never set up a challenge before. I may need to get Whosya to help me.

Leslie... I just saw your newest pictures! Wow, you & your girls look beautiful!

Ok, back from my run. I did 4k in 32 min... so getting a bit faster I think. At the half way point I thought I didn't have enough steam to finish the 5k, so turned back toward home. Then decided I could do more, so I kept going until I completed 4k.

For awhile I got lost in my thoughts, and wasn't thinking about running at all. I think that's what happens as you build strength etc... you have to think less about it and just enjoy the moment! I liked that.

Ok, here's a fun question... for those who run outside... what is the funniest or strangest comment you've received from bystanders?

I've already shared my experience of receiving my first "runner's nod" as I crossed paths with another runner. That was fun. Then the time I crested the really big hill and another runner heading down gave me a high 5. But my most encouraging so far was over the weekend...

I have been running a very similar path through my neighbourhood and as I ran past this one house on Sat, a woman was outside. She yelled out "Your really getting better at this running thing! Keep it up!" She must have seen me running by a number of times.

Then the next day she was out again and yelled to me "If I was young like you I'd start running too... keep it up and when you're in your 40's like me, you'll feel so much better!" - I thanked her and smiled the rest of the run... I'm 42! And I look 42, but I guess she just didn't expect a 40 something person to start a running program.

So that's my stories... how about the rest of you?

those are great comments kathy!!!

i've not had a "running" comment - but i have when walking my 2 male labs. one is 95lbs the other around 113. my retired neighbor chuckles while i walk past his place, telling me how do i manage such big dogs being so tiny. he can tell me that every day & i'm GOOD to go. at first i just took it that i'm vertically challenged being short ; but hubby said no - your half your size:wink:

leslie - kathy is right cute pics of you and daughter.., she needs a pup!!!

haven't run much....heading out tom, the challengers got me motivated today...LOL

I am so glad today is not a running day for me. We spent all night in the ER last night. We didn't get home until 5:45 am and I am wiped! My son woke up at 2:00 in the morning and couldn't hardly breathe or talk. He's got the Croup and a little bronchitis. He had to have 2 breathing treatments before we could leave. He's still not feeling good and I think we may be in for another rough night tonight.

Talk to ya'll later!

So sorry Georgia. Dalton had croup when he was little. We ended up in the ER too. Very scary. We will be praying for a quiet, restful night. So sorry he is sick.

Thanks Renewed. He seems to be doing a little better. We just put him down for the night and I'm hoping he is able to sleep better tonight. Poor little guy...he hasn't felt this bad in a long time. Thanks for the prayers. Good night everyone.

Glad he seems to be doing better. We have been a bit under the weather here today too. My 23 month old has a staph infection on his knee. It was a mosquito bite that got infected. It looks better tonight, but really hurts him. If fact I just got through putting him back to bed because he woke up crying.

I didn't run today. Last night i started hurting in my right side/abdomen. I am hurting where my appendix are. Yes, I still have them. I don't have any fever so I refuse to believe that it is my appendix. I'm thinking that since starting back on low carb I may be a wee bit constipated, so I took some Miralax and the night off. I plan on being well and good to go in the morning.

Everyone sleep well.

Goodnight.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Morning everyone! Kathy - good luck with your interview. I know you'll do great! Ya'll I have done something funky to my back. I think it was Zumba on Monday (all the ab twists and movements). I could barely walk yesterday when I got off work. DH gave me a good back rub last night and I'm somewhat better this morning. I'm so tired of setbacks! I'm beyond frustrated. So rather than go to the gym I went home and snacked. Why do I do this to myself? Okay - I'm done venting and whining. I almost lurked becuase I don't want to complain - but I'm ready to move forward and stay on track. I'm going to see how my back is and hit the gym tonight. Even if it is just the stationary bike - something is better than nothing. I don't feel like I'm ever going to be ready for my 5k in November - that would require me to run/walk...I'm just not ready and I want to be. So tired of being frustrated. Sorry guys - just having a bad day :-(

Leslie - sorry to hear about your back. What about swimming until it feels better? Does your gym have a sauna or whirlpool? Don't overdo because it will be worse in the long run.

Georgia - sorry your little boy is sick. I hate the ER! I hope he feels better.

Good luck Kathy!!

I'm taking two phys ed classes this semester and one of my instructors announced yesterday that we would be competing against each other at the end of the semester in a 5K! Awesome!! As far as I know, I'm the only one training for one. However, yesterday I got a rude awakening. I've been training on the treadmill (it's Texas and has been hot until just recently), but yesterday we ran outside. YIKES! It's very different. So, today I'm going to start training outside. I want to win!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!