Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE💜

Deedee12 - you are doing such an amazing job! I can't wait to hear from you as soon as you are up to getting on a computer. Best Wishes and Virtual Hugs coming your way!!
Thank you so so much [emoji173][emoji169]🧡[emoji7]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Deedee12 said:

As I go into surgery, I want to dramatically take this moment to thank each and everyone of you. Can't describe the value of the support but I hope you can tell how sincerely grateful I am for ALL the words of wisdom, inspiration and motivation!

Good luck! You are going to do amazing!!

16. Well, never painted anything yesterday beyond my face. Went to the gym this morning and got my workout in including weights. I'm going to dinner with friends tonight so I'll call that treating myself. And, I've figured out the day trip...I'm going to ferry over to Martha's Vineyard to see my cousin either tomorrow or next weekend. Turns out she is a fellow sleever (early this Summer) so we will have a nice chat I'm sure.

Good luck! You are going to do amazing!!
Thanks Sillykitty! Much appreciated![emoji169]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Here’s to a quick recovery @Deedee12. You’ll do great!

@KarenLR75 Did I miss something? You’re in the hospital?

I did 30 minutes of strength training this morning. I cut the weight in half for my leg stuff and did all the upper body at full weight. The trainer wasn’t there so I couldn’t give him the evil eye.

I’m not planning any formal cardio today but I’ll probably go for a long walk tonight.

Treat yourself. I ordered a bike for myself today, I’m so excited!

August 16th

Starting weight 140
Personal goal 5 pounds this challenge
Sleeve - losing my maintaining/10 pound bounce weight.
Current weight – 138 Detoxing and craving things at night. My attitude is crap right now.

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

How often do you practice selfcare?

Can you define that?

5 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

August 16th

Starting weight 140
Personal goal 5 pounds this challenge
Sleeve - losing my maintaining/10 pound bounce weight.
Current weight – 138 Detoxing and craving things at night. My attitude is crap right now.

I don’t know if this will work for you but it really helps me at night. I am a nighttime bored eater and I have to fight it a lot.

sugar free Ice Breaker cinnamon mints or cinnamon altoids do the trick for me. They really kill my appetite.

Just be careful, if you eat too many your gums can get sore.

@Cheeseburgh a bike?? Like a proper one that goes from A to B or a stationary one like wot you can do in front of the telly??

Ladeez, I’m going out sans thigh-rub protecting bike shorts under my skirt. First time in forever. I shall report back!

10 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Can you define that?

Any set of activities geared specifically towards your (mental physical and metaphysical) happiness and overall well being.

Exercise is one aspect of course. But other things like retreating into nature, spa days, disconnecting from technology, prayer, charitable acts, binging netflix, etc are also apart of it.

Here's a pretty nice list:

1335742682_Screenshot_2019-08-17-08-37-572.thumb.png.380f3f2157da22e19f27c528f6c68c0b.png