Jump to content
Γ—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

πŸ’œAUGUST 2019 CHALLENGEπŸ’œ



Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

AUGUST 2019 EASY MOTIVATIONAL CHALLENGE

🎼🎼🎼🎼SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER🎼🎼🎼🎼

Let's keep party going! Join in and enjoy motivation to reach your goals. Participate and post daily, enjoy the sidebar conversations, ask questions, upload random pics and quotes, exercise πŸ’–, etc.

Start by:

1. Posting your personal goal

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenance)

3. Weight and BMI (not necessary but encouraged)

4. Fun fact about yourself

OFFICIALLY begins AUGUST 1, 2019

πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””

πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

30+Day+Happiness+challenge.jpeg

3072b4ffc635b245_CalendarPinterest_1_.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cyberdiva said:

I want to participate, but I'm not sure how. LOL? Break it down please.

Everyday you follow the attached calender activities and post about your experiences, chat with the other members, get advice, etc super simple!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal goal this month. Learn to relax a bit and figure out how to live at my current weight.

Surgery VSG 8/13/18. My one year follow up is this month, I’m kinda in maintenance/clueless land right now. I’m still eating like I’m losing, but I’m not losing.

Current weight 130-131 BMI 22

Fun fact: I dated a guy in high school who is now a pretty famous Emmy winning actor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My personal goal(s) of this month:

To break into Onederland

To increase my running distance from 3.5 miles to 5 miles for my long run.

Surgery type:

Gastric Sleeve

Status:

3 months post-op

Weight & BMI:

210 and 37

Fun fact:

Ummm, huh, I’m not very exciting. OKay, I know how to do soooo many art/craft media, here’s a list:

stained glass, fused glass, glass torchwork, throwing ceramics on the wheel, hand building ceramics, sewing, from couture to sewing for short run theater, Oil painting, watercolor painting, tie dye, acrylic painting, woodworking, handcarving, relief printing, copperplate etching, lithography, monotype, collagraph, screenprinting, basic metalsmithing (jewelry), beadwork, spinning yarn, knitting, crochet, weaving, felting, quilting, photography (both darkroom and digital), drawing, lots of different sculpture methods, and letterpress. I’m sure there are more, but that’s what comes to mind.

Edited by AngieBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In!

1. Okay so this sounds weird, but I’m setting a personal goal for August to avoid alcohol entirely.
Wine had been creeping back unto my diet and then there was a tequila tasting and....well no wonder I had a bit of a stall lately.
I want to average losing 2 pounds/week this month and that’s the ONLY way to achieve it.

2. VGS on 2/6/19. Still losing and approx 20-30 pounds from goal weight.

3. Weight this morning was 174.0 and I’m 5’7”. This puts me at a BMI of 27.2.

4. Fun fact: back in 1991 I was eating lunch with a friend at a diner in Shawnee, OK. We were being pretty loud and laughing and dishing about different guys,etc (I was 23yo) and my friend whispered to me that there was some β€œreally cute guy” in the booth right behind me eavesdropping on our convo and laughing.
Me being me, I started throwing packets of sweet and low over my shoulder seeing if I could hit him. Apparently I got him a couple of times and told him I was β€œjust sending some fake sugar” his way.
After he left, the waitress came over and asked me how in the world was I brave enough to flirt that outrageously with Brad Pitt.
My response was β€œwho?”
Honestly I’d been in pharmacy school for the last 5 years and had no clue who he was.

Just thought it was some random guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That doesn’t sound like a weird goal. It’s a great one. Kudos to you for recognizing it creeping back in.

And your fun fact is HILARIOUS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Fun fact: I dated a guy in high school who is now a pretty famous Emmy winning actor.

Ok, now you can't drop this fact and leave it at that!!! If you give us a hint, can we take guesses??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

In!

1. Okay so this sounds weird, but I’m setting a personal goal for August to avoid alcohol entirely.
Wine had been creeping back unto my diet and then there was a tequila tasting and....well no wonder I had a bit of a stall lately.
I want to average losing 2 pounds/week this month and that’s the ONLY way to achieve it.

2. VGS on 2/6/19. Still losing and approx 20-30 pounds from goal weight.

3. Weight this morning was 174.0 and I’m 5’7”. This puts me at a BMI of 27.2.

4. Fun fact: back in 1991 I was eating lunch with a friend at a diner in Shawnee, OK. We were being pretty loud and laughing and dishing about different guys,etc (I was 23yo) and my friend whispered to me that there was some β€œreally cute guy” in the booth right behind me eavesdropping on our convo and laughing.
Me being me, I started throwing packets of sweet and low over my shoulder seeing if I could hit him. Apparently I got him a couple of times and told him I was β€œjust sending some fake sugar” his way.
After he left, the waitress came over and asked me how in the world was I brave enough to flirt that outrageously with Brad Pitt.
My response was β€œwho?”
Honestly I’d been in pharmacy school for the last 5 years and had no clue who he was.

Just thought it was some random guy.

πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œMY HEROπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Personal goal this month. Learn to relax a bit and figure out how to live at my current weight.

Surgery VSG 8/13/18. My one year follow up is this month, I’m kinda in maintenance/clueless land right now. I’m still eating like I’m losing, but I’m not losing.

Current weight 130-131 BMI 22

Fun fact: I dated a guy in high school who is now a pretty famous Emmy winning actor.

WHAAAAAAAAA????!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Startο»Ώ by:

1. Posting your personal goal

2. Add your surgery type, status (pre/post op, losing/maintenanceο»Ώ)

3. Weight and BMI (not ο»Ώnecessary but encouraged)

4. Fun fact about yourselfο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ

1. Personal goal is to figure out life after RNY

2. Status is 2 weeks post Conversion to RNY

3. Weight is 152 BMI 27

4. As a child i won a lot of awards & my artwork even was displayed in a Japanese museum, these days I barely produce work - I peaked early πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!!!! This is tooo much fun!!!

1. Goal this month: To as best as humanly possible have a successful surgery on August 16th and ease into this Bariatric lifestyle as seamlessly as possible🀞🀞

2. I'm having VGS on the 16th.

3. Weight currently is 203lbs (gained from recent vacation. Starting weight is 199.5lbs BMI 35)

4. Fun fact: hmmmm (scratching head)..... I write really raunchy erotica when i am extremely bored and self publish[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
(Please don't ask where) [emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In!

1. Okay so this sounds weird, but I’m setting a personal goal for August to avoid alcohol entirely.
Wine had been creeping back unto my diet and then there was a tequila tasting and....well no wonder I had a bit of a stall lately.
I want to average losing 2 pounds/week this month and that’s the ONLY way to achieve it.

2. VGS on 2/6/19. Still losing and approx 20-30 pounds from goal weight.

3. Weight this morning was 174.0 and I’m 5’7”. This puts me at a BMI of 27.2.

4. Fun fact: back in 1991 I was eating lunch with a friend at a diner in Shawnee, OK. We were being pretty loud and laughing and dishing about different guys,etc (I was 23yo) and my friend whispered to me that there was some β€œreally cute guy” in the booth right behind me eavesdropping on our convo and laughing.
Me being me, I started throwing packets of sweet and low over my shoulder seeing if I could hit him. Apparently I got him a couple of times and told him I was β€œjust sending some fake sugar” his way.
After he left, the waitress came over and asked me how in the world was I brave enough to flirt that outrageously with Brad Pitt.
My response was β€œwho?”
Honestly I’d been in pharmacy school for the last 5 years and had no clue who he was.

Just thought it was some random guy.

Wow!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Okο»Ώ, now you can't drop this fact and leave it at that!!! If you give us a hinο»Ώt, can we take guessο»Ώes??ο»Ώ

Let me see.. He is nominated for an Emmy again this year. He is medium famous, some people consider him moderately famous. I wouldn’t say he’s a household name...but odds are you know his work.

Edited to add, it’s not Brad Pitt lol

also, I’m not going to publicly name him. It pinpoints me a bit much. If you want to guess have fun! send me a message if you are dying to know. It isn’t a big deal!

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/31/2019 at 18:43, Deedee12 said:

Wow!!!! This is tooo much fun!!!

1. Goal this month: To as best as humanly possible have a successful surgery on August 16th and ease into this Bariatric lifestyle as seamlessly as possible🀞🀞

2. I'm having VGS on the 16th.

3. Weight currently is 203lbs (gained from recent vacation. Starting weight is 199.5lbs BMI 35)

4. Fun fact: hmmmm (scratching head)..... I write really raunchy erotica when i am extremely bored and self publish[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
(Please don't ask where) [emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Awesome goals! You’ll definitely have to keep us updated once you have your surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Γ—