Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE💜

On 08/21/2019 at 19:11, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

Are you comfortable/uncomfortable using public restrooms after surgery?

No more or less comfortable than I was pre WLS

BAKE Cookies? ? This is a challenge I definitely can't do waaaaaaa (I know I know but even Keto cookies would make my calorie load fail under pressure)

On 08/22/2019 at 3:11 a.m., GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

Errrr no?? Should I be?? (Wondering what's going on with others' public loo experiences)

9 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

Definitely more uncomfortable post-op!! Post op, my loo experience is very different to pre op.

Post-OP, my poo is in diarrhea form and extremely gassy and loud. Just embarrassing! I can no longer get away with having a quiet but deadly smelling poo. Now its gassy, loud and deadly!

Well, Tuesday, Day 20, I didn't hit the gym. But I did mow the front yard and I did swim. The swimming was in my neighborhood pond so I'll count that and the mowing as being in nature. Yesterday was my rest day. I had a minor surgery (female thing) so that was it for me for the day. I went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes of cardio and might either yoga later or mow the backyard or it will depend on how I feel. I'm supposed to take it easy for at least a week. Looking forward to the weekend and my daytrip and time with my cousin.

Oh yes, no cookie baking here.

Bside - more comfortable but that's related to the weight loss. It's much easier to tend to my hygiene so I don't get anxious about where I am.

Edited by seaforest

Day 22.

6 days post op.
Not baking Cookies.< br>I will do some gentle as tolerated stretching in my room.
My focus remains walking.

B sided questions: Pre OP, public restrooms have NEVER been my go to and I avoid except ABSOLUTELY necessary (the behavior is quite malignant!!) and I envision similar pattern post OP..... we'll see...

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, sillykitty said:

No more or less comfortable than I was pre WLS

Same

No way am I baking Cookies. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, however cookie dough is pretty much one of my favorite things on the planet.

Last night we were going to run some errands. I always joked that we live close enough to walk. Last night we decided to walk instead of drive and it was an easy walk, minus crossing the one busy street of death. I guess that trip was the opposite of getting out into nature.

Struck out at belt shopping at Kohl’s and Target, but walked a few miles.

On 08/21/2019 at 21:11, GreenTealael said:

B-Side Question:

More comfortable because I can pretty much fit in any public stall.
Pre op, that was sometimes a concern.
Especially those super tiny stalls they have at sporting events where there’s hardly any room between the toilet paper holder and my hips. Once I almost dropped my phone in the toilet because the belt loop of my jeans snagged on that thing and it knocked my phone out skittering across the floor of a public toilet.
All because I was so big that I could barely maneuver to pull my pants back up.

I love bicycle 🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️. Not so much spin class. Yep 1 chance to heal meant after my sleeve I took 14 days super duper easy!!!! I copied you DD and sent my PS office a gift. After 2 long months I have no restrictions except fresh Water. I give compliments and totally do monthly massage or facials. No to Cookies as I am down just over 3 of the6 projected for the month! I am happy today. Mostly I believe life is meaningful and balanced - so just enjoying this moment of joy!!!!

23. Well, I ended up mowing the backyard yesterday afternoon and felt darned weak after! Maybe I did too much too soon. Also I think I retweaked a muscle in my lower back into the right butt cheek or is that sciatica? It kept me awake last night and it's still bugging me. Because of that, not sure what I'm going to do for exercise today...most likely something at home...I'm thinking body groove because it's dance and kind to my body and will meet the cardio challenge for today. Also, would like to do some yoga...maybe a nice restorative so that will catch me up with Wednesday. Tomorrow, I'm probably going to be off-grid as I'm going to visit my cousin and her son. We may go kayaking or paddle boarding and I know I'll be doing some walking. I may have to catch up on the strength piece on Sunday.

I love visiting museums but that's not in the cards in the near future...I especially enjoy art museums and I do want to get to MFA (Museum of Fine Arts in Boston) as they have a new Pollock for me to check out before that exhibit disappears.

16 hours ago, seaforest said:

23. Well, I ended up mowing the backyard yesterday afternoon and felt darned weak after! Maybe I did too much too soon. Also I think I retweaked a muscle in my lower back into the right butt cheek or is that sciatica? It kept me awake last night and it's still bugging me. Because of that, not sure what I'm going to do for exercise today...most likely something at home...I'm thinking body groove because it's dance and kind to my body and will meet the cardio challenge for today. Also, would like to do some yoga...maybe a nice restorative so that will catch me up with Wednesday. Tomorrow, I'm probably going to be off-grid as I'm going to visit my cousin and her son. We may go kayaking or paddle boarding and I know I'll be doing some walking. I may have to catch up on the strength piece on Sunday.

I love visiting museums but that's not in the cards in the near future...I especially enjoy art museums and I do want to get to MFA (Museum of Fine Arts in Boston) as they have a new Pollock for me to check out before that exhibit disappears.

Do you ever use apre muscle salves, linament or compresses?

Get well soon 💜

I can't say I have. I ended up not exercising because of the discomfort and I consumed more than usual. Blegh. I'm on Tylenol and hoping the kinks work out soon. Meanwhile on the ferry to the island with puppy.