Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

May the Lord continue to bless you and heal you, Coltorismom!! I was classroom nurse for a couple of yrs for the special needs children in our local school district. I even became a home nurse for one of them. I can imagine your challenges. Welcome and Godspeed!

Wlecome, Tulosmom!!! We're so glad you found this site. It is much more assuring and blessed than any other one.

hello brothers and sisters it a few hours only away from my band date!!!!!!!!!!! MAY 1st! thanks for all the encouragement and wonderful words keep the prayers coming

love yall

To awomangodcanuse,

Praying and thinking of you today! I know the Lord will see you thru today. Anxious to hear how it went for you yesterday and today, but get rest 1st of all!!

Good morning to all! I have been reading this thread for a couple of weeks...I wanted to start from the beginning, and it took a while! It is VERY inspirational to see all the support, and to feel God's love shining through each of you.

My husband and I are both getting banded. He was scheduled for his surgery just this week, for May 13. I'm doing my sleep study tomorrow night. That is my last pre-requisite. Hopefully they'll get my paperwork off to insurance soon and I can get a date, too! He's had 2 full days of liquids. He is doing awesome. I am so excited that we are doing it together, as I think it will only increase our chances of success.

I pray that all of you are feeling well today, and strong! I look forward to corresponding with you, and taking this journey with you!

Have a great day, and God Bless!

Hi Sisters and Brothers!!!

Brief Introduction

I'm a newbie from Cordova/Memphis, TN area and currently waiting on insurance approval for the band. My doctor is Dr. George Woodman here in Memphis. I am a born-again Christian and servant of the Lord Jesus Christ and THRILLED:hurray: to find this many believers on this site! I also am married to my God-sent soul mate and mother of my little miracle boy who is 3 yrs. old.

I am looking forward to supporting this thread and talking to you all! There is one question I have :) - would those of you who are banded please tell me what brand of Protein Drink you used pre-surgery and where you made the purchase?

God Bless and Keep You and Yours,

Edited by ImaDucky
type error

My husband and I are both getting banded. He was scheduled for his surgery just this week, for May 13. I'm doing my sleep study tomorrow night. That is my last pre-requisite. Hopefully they'll get my paperwork off to insurance soon and I can get a date, too! He's had 2 full days of liquids. He is doing awesome. I am so excited that we are doing it together, as I think it will only increase our chances of success.

I pray that all of you are feeling well today, and strong! I look forward to corresponding with you, and taking this journey with you!

Have a great day, and God Bless!

Hi Sisters and Brothers!!!

Brief Introduction

I'm a newbie from Cordova/Memphis, TN area and currently waiting on insurance approval for the band. My doctor is Dr. George Woodman here in Memphis. I am a born-again Christian and servant of the Lord Jesus Christ and THRILLED:hurray: to find this many believers on this site! I also am married to my God-sent soul mate and mother of my little miracle boy who is 3 yrs. old.

I am looking forward to supporting this thread and talking to you all! There is one question I have :) - would those of you who are banded please tell me what brand of Protein drink you used pre-surgery and where you made the purchase?

God Bless and Keep You and Yours,

Welcome to ALL the newbies!! Happy to have you join us.

Ducky..I use E.A.S. chocolate Protein powder from costco.

welcome, aboard future bandster!! I purchase my Protein at Wal-mart. I get the 100% whey Protein. I've got both the chocolate & vanilla flavored. Another yummy is from a company called unjury which you can order online. strawberry sorbet is the flavor I ordered.

I don't know if you have yet to meet with your dietician/nutrition @ your bariatric center, BUT when I met with my dietician she gave me a SAMPLE PACKET of Unjury (strawberry sorbet). That's how I knew what flavor to order.

You'll enjoy your Protein drinks. It's the closest thing to dessert you'll find for awhile. I started drinking 1 protein drink a day LONG before my surgery because it helped cure my sweet tooth!

My prayers are with you!! I was just banded on April 23, so I am kinda new too.

Welcome Welcome!!!

I pray God will bless you all with the desires of your heart today!! He is so awesome (I love Sundays and going to church!).

I'm not much on Protein drinks. I will get the whey Protein at Walmart because it's cheaper than the stuff at GNC. I mix it with light soy-chocolate milk. It is fabulous!!! Total is 180 calories. When I'm in a rush (which is most mornings), I will just drink a slim-fast because I can grab and go. I know, I know - not so great on the protein but I LOVE the stuff!

HUGS HUGS HUGS!

Gen (wombat)

Hi Coltorismom:

That shake sounds so good! Where do you get vanilla flavored

whey? Is it like wheat germ? Could I just substitute vanilla flavoring?

I was banded on Feb 26th. I am finding that each day is a great

new day! Since going down 2 dress sizes, I am looking forward

to buying new clothes, since I have been a 2X for so long.

Did you have any post-op issues?

I am a christian too, I am so glad to be a part of this group!

Judie

Edited by judie

Hi Judie!

Glad you are here too! Congratulations on the 2 dress sizes!!!! "Happy Shopping!":thumbup:

:thumbup: