Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hi all sisters in Christ. I am praying for you all for God's strength, peace, and understanding. God bless each of you and your families!

So sweet to find this group. I was banded 4/30 and have lost about 16 lbs so far. I have my first fill on 6/10.

I want to start exercising again but get conflicting answers as to when it is the appropriate time to start. Any feedback from anyone?

I have to share a sweet story. When I was going into the operating room I was suddenly overwhelmed by emotions and the tears started streaming down my face. My OR nurse bent down and whispered in my ear "would you like me to pray for you?" I whispered a weak "yes". She prayed for me - I mean really prayed - not just a "now I lay me down to sleep..." When she was done I said "thank you, that was really unexpected." She then replied "it is to let you know that God knows where you are all the time." Those are the last words I heard as I drifted off to sleep......... So precious to me.

Good Morning,

I'd like to join this group. I haven't been banded yet but am in the process of going through the 6 months of classes for my insurance coverage. I'm really excited and wish the time would pass quickly but......I'm trying to be patient! Not one of my strong suits. I'm having my surgery done in Deleware by Dr. Peters. One of my reasons for having this surgery is to become a participant in life again. I feel I've just been sitting on the sidelines because of my weight. Plus, I know I'll feel a whole lot better. My husband is a minister so we're invited to a lot of special dinners!!!

Thanks for letting me share.

I just wanted to introduce myself as I am new here and very excited to have a forum specifically for Christians I look forward to getting to know you all!!!:thumbup:

I had my surgery on Feb 1, 2007. I have lost 67.5 pounds and have 36.5 pounds I would like to lose.

Edited by Kvonbe
Add info

Sorry I've been away for a few days. First, I just want SmilinApple to know I'm praying for her re: burning/pain on her lap band. Second, Diamond you are in my prayers re: you mother's health and your surgery date of 5/20. Next, Welcome! to Caelyn, Kvonbe and Numbrgirl and anyone else I may have missed!

I would like to ask for your prayers for myself. I've become very sick with sore throat, coughing til I'm sore and fever.

On the flip side, I have some great news!

Just wanted to let you know, I received a surgery approval letter from my Insurance Co. today. They cc'd my surgeon, Dr. Woodman and I expect to call his office Monday. This is so exciting! :)

I Just have to do the "happy dance"... :woot:...lol.

Ducky..... congratulations!!! Isn't that a great feeling, opening up that approval letter and seeing the response that you've been waiting for??? I did a happy dance when I got mine too! And I hope your sore throat goes away quickly!

NumberGirl.... thanks for sharing the sweet story! I will think about the fact that God knows where we are all the time on Tuesday when I have my surgery. Thanks!

SmilinApple.... how are you doing?

And for all of you have said a prayer on behalf of my mom, thank you so much! She will have her lump removed on 5/27, so I'm glad about that!

Well I went to Kaiser yesterday and I told my surgeon about what I was

feeling. He asked me some routine questions, I showed him where the

burning was, and he did some feeling around to see if I was hurting or

tender anywhere unusal in my abdomen.

He didn't seem too concerned at this point , he checked my band to see

if there was any Fluid left because when the other surgeon said he took

all the fluid out he was about 1cc short, which made me nervous too.

Well my surgeon found it, it was still there; so I had 1 cc left after

all.

He went ahead and added another 4 cc's for a total of 5 which is

close to where I was before I was too tight. I am now feeling some

restriction on the amount of food I can eat but nothing is getting

stuck, YEAH!!!

And oh yeah as for the burning sensation and pain in my chest and back, it is gone now??? Maybe my esophegus was just so irritated from being too tight last week and now it is better, not sure what else it could have been but I am sure glad no more pain.

My surgeon is so AWESOME!!!! I will never see a different surgeon again!

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

My hubby awoke sick this a.m. and admitted he hadn't been well for a day or so (He never wants to speak out sickness) ....well we have a 6 hr ride to my surgery tomorrow!!! I know that the enemy is trying to throw a wrench in this but I am victorious! Please agree with me!! He is still in bed at 2:24 pm and I hope he can sleep this off....Thanks, ChristyC

I am so happy to find this wonderful group. I am schedulde to be banded on june 9th. I am sure this is the right thing for me to do. Numbrlgirl your story made me cry... What a blessing! I know it will be on my mind as I go into surgery. I have battled my weight all my life and know that the battle may not end the day of surgery, but with Gods help I will use the band to overcome my weight loss battle. I am new and have been just checking everything out. I cant seem to find out how to create my signature and apply the ticker to my signature. I located the ticker site and created my ticker. I just dont know where to go to apply it? Can someone help me?

I cant seem to find out how to create my signature and apply the ticker to my signature. I located the ticker site and created my ticker. I just dont know where to go to apply it? Can someone help me?

I did a search and found these directions:

From the home page, go to the left side "Lap Band Talk Forum Listing". Under the heading "Basics for Lap Band Surgery Beginners", find "Frequently Asked Questions" then under that CLICK ON "LapBandTalk Forum FAQs". CLICK ON "General Forum Usage". CLICK ON "Adding a Ticker to your signature". CLICK ON "Ticker Tutorial" which is underlined in a sentence near the bottom of the screen.

Thank you so much. I was struggling with the whole ticker thing as well - but these directions made it so easy!! Thanks again.

Tory - I am so glad my surgery story touched you. It was a real blessing to me and something I will NEVER forget. I am wanting to use this band as a tool to become the best woman of God I can be. I am the leader of our Women's Group at our church and also sing on the worship team every other Sunday and my weight just inhibits me on a lot of things and I think it really restricts my personality in many ways. I know God loves us all fat or thin - I have just been dealing with this issue for so long, I am looking forward to using the band as a necessary tool and giving God the glory for the stamina, strength and tenacity to make it work for me!!

So many people judge by weight and appearance and there are those who will never relate or want to relate to a heavy person. It is really sad to me but I know that I feel better when I am not heavy and my personality becomes much more extroverted when I have more confidence in this area. Not trying to sound shallow - just truthful. I live in So California where the pressure to be Barbie is overwhelming. Now I will never be Barbie again (I was in my 20's and had no clue....) but I will be healthy and more outgoing throughout this journey!!

Greetings: Well, some of you will probably remember me. I was supposed to be banded on the 11th of April. It didn't happen due to human error in the surgeons office. I now have an approval letter in my happy little hand for the surgery from my insurance company. I have been rescheduled for Friday, June 6th. I was so disappointed I needed to take a break, hence I haven't been on for the past 30 days.

I am glad you are all doing well and I will be praying for each of you.

Blessings,

Susan

Welcome back Susan! I am glad you are back and we will all be praying for a smooth and successful surgery for you.

Numbrgirl- That is a great attitude to have!!!