Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

YEA!! Praise the Lord, I am Banded, as of Tuesday!! It all happened so fast and well, I let the Lord lead the way for a change!! My hubby is feeling betting (he was sick going down State) but he and his side of the family had a nice stay while I was down there in the hospital. I am home in nightie right now, enjoying liquid pain killer and the frozen juice things. The Isopure I got at a GNC on the way is a Godsend...I highly recomend that stuff. The only real challenge is getting my pills in, have to cut everything up so small with small sips of water....not complaining tho' that is a minor detail.

Every once in a while I "remember" that I have my lap band tool now and don't have to have the weight drag me down anymore! I just smile and PTL.

I am so grateful to God, my family and you folks for the support and prayers!! ((Hugs)) to all and keep posting, we need each other. ChristyC from Michigan :rolleyes2:

Congrats Christy.........what a blessing to have the opportunity to use this tool. I was watching the operating being done on a medical show the other day and just sat amazed at how much progress has happened in medicine. God is good.

Hi everyone,

I'm on the other side too now! Christy and I were banded the same day -- May 20th. Mine was done by Dr. Dan Smith in Park Rapids,MN. I had a WONDERFUL nurse after recovery, he was so attentive and helpful! But he also let me sleep for many hours that night! I went home to my parent's in the afternoon on May 21st, and have been sleeping and walking a lot since then. Thankfully the pain isn't too bad. The pain meds keep me a little dazed and confused though!

Thanks everyone for the prayers!

I had my lap band in Tues, and had the normal ouches and pulls, etc. I have been using ice, and can tell if I take too much liquid, as it hurts some but subsides. Now all of a sudden, while using an ice pack last night...I have no more pain. It is all gone. My question is...duh, could this band have slipped? I did lift something yesterday morning that I shouldn't have, it didn't hurt then.

I am thinking, what if the disappearance of pain is because of slippage..LOL

Why can't I just accept the fact, I am healed!! LOL

I still notice twinges of fullness, not pain...that is the normal reaction, correct?? It has been 4 days post op. Silly me...ChristyC

I just went on line to read about band slippage! I am fine, no nausea or pain or reflux. LOLOL What a worry wart. It just is almost too good to be true, I am so grateful that I am now a Bandito!! :rolleyes2: ChristyC

Congratulations Christy and Diamond . . .:rolleyes2:

on your safe surgery and new band!!! It's so wonderful and encouraging to hear your personal thankfulness, excitement and hope for the future. I hope to be banded soon - all my preop testing will be complete by the 30th of May, so I'm not far behind you!

God Bless You Both!

That's great Ducky! Hope the time flies by!

Christy, that is wonderful that the pain is gone for you! My pain is much less now, but still there. I don't know if I mentioned it but when the surgeon banded me he also did a liver biopsy and fixed a hernia where my esophagus and diaphragm meet. So I figure I may have more areas that need to heal! It's encouraging to me to hear that you feel so good, as my day should be soon too!:biggrin2:

I'm so glad I found this thread! Thank God for you all.

I have a question. I was banded April 14th, and have done fairly well pain-wise. But for the last few days I've felt more "pulling and tugging" around the port area when I move certain ways. Anyone else have this?

Thanks.

Jan from KY

Hi Jan..I felt that for almost 5 weeks postop...it was actually quite painful for me and my surgeon told me that it was just the way he stitch the port into the muscle...it did go away, but it did feel like forever!!!

I was so blessed at church today...all of the youth shared about what God was doing in their lives...I had a new revelation!!! Love is patient...right??? As followers of Jesus, we are called to lead a life of love...we are supposed to be being transformed to be more like Him and again...He is love....I am struggling SO much w/patience in my life..I have had my first fill and still feel NO restriction (not uncommon), but I so desperately wanted to be thinner for the summer so I wouldn't be embarrassed in shorts....I have even teetered on the verge of despair that my band doesn't work and this won't work for me...

Then this morning I realized....so simple, yet profound for me, love is patient....I want and desire to be filled God and His love...and that love is patient!!!

I also want to encourage each of you that may be (or maybe not??) struggling w/wanting to be further along in this process....be patient!!!

God is doing a good work in each of us and promises to complete it if we let Him....Thank you Jesus...please fill each of us w/your love and patience!!!!

Erika

Erica,

I struggle, too, with wanting to be farther along than this. I lost 17 pounds the first four weeks, then another 3 pounds the next, but I guess I want the "30 pounds a month" loss that many of the gastric bypass patients have. My nutritionist says I'm right on track for most lapbanders, so I guess I need to develop more patience. I'm sure that's the kind of behavior that got me in this mess to begin with - I get frustrated when things don't move as quickly as I think they should. Before the band, my reaction would have been to head to the kitchen. It's a good thing I can't eat the quantities I used to!!

But I confess, I'm looking forward to my second fill on June 17, and more restriction than I feel now.

Keep on track, God is doing wondrous things with us all I'm sure.

Jan

It is difficult to be patient for sure. It helps to mix the food up a little and eat a little more one day and then not so much the next day. This holiday weekend presents a perfect opportunity to do that!!

Thanks to all the troops and those who have given their lives for our freedom and safety.