Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Well, Fellow Saints, we are leaving in about an hour for the Lap Band Center. It is a 6 hr drive, so going the night before. (My hubby is feeling OK, still under the weather. I think it is his gall bladder....better get mine done, before his! He is very grumpy but trying poor guy.)

Thanks for the prayers and support, love reading all the comments. It has been a true blessing to have all this pre-surgery insight. This "Christian site", makes such a difference. How does anyone go thru trials, and life w/o the Lord! I have lost about 15 pounds with my liquid preop diet..even my knees hurt less.

Wow, I am so excited!! :wink_smile: :tt2: :frown:

Praise the Lord....'talk to you when I return. ((Hugs)) ChristyC in Michigan

~~Prayers and best wishes to others who are being banded this week!!

Be careful and safe, Christy!! May the Lord continue to heal your DH while on the road.

WELCOME all new Christian threaders!!!

SUSAN, welcome back to you too! CONGRATS on your new band date!!

Well, Fellow Saints, we are leaving in about an hour for the Lap Band Center. It is a 6 hr drive, so going the night before. (My hubby is feeling OK, still under the weather. I think it is his gall bladder....better get mine done, before his! He is very grumpy but trying poor guy.)

Thanks for the prayers and support, love reading all the comments. It has been a true blessing to have all this pre-surgery insight. This "Christian site", makes such a difference. How does anyone go thru trials, and life w/o the Lord! I have lost about 15 pounds with my liquid preop diet..even my knees hurt less.

Wow, I am so excited!! :wink_smile: :tt2: :frown:

Praise the Lord....'talk to you when I return. ((Hugs)) ChristyC in Michigan

~~Prayers and best wishes to others who are being banded this week!!

I'm praying for you and your hubby now, have a safe trip and remember He is always with you no matter where you are!

Be Blessed,

thank you for the easy to follow instructions... I would have never figured that out.

I know exactly what you mean. I have always sang in church. I know that when my weight is up ,I am less willing to stand up and do what the Lord has called me to do. Plus, I am too tired to do it. I hope that I will soon be able to get up and get going.

I love to sing too. I don't do it near as much as I'm asked to. My next song..."How Great Thou Art". I love the old faves.

Hey Everyone. For some reason, my account stopped sending me the updates to the thread, and today was the first one I received and had to read THREE pages of posts to catch up! I didn't realize I had not posted in so long! SO glad to hear of the victories along the way and welcome to all the new people! Things at work have been hectic and will continue that way for at least two weeks because of a couple of big meetings I have to prepare for, but all of you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Hello NeverB4:

I am not a singer, but a clarinet player at our church. You are

right, it does take extra effort when you are obese, my problem

is holding out the air and cutting off without getting too winded!

Since I have been banded (Feb. 26th) it is easier to breathe,

and to hold out my tones. Thank goodness for the band!

Not the musical group, ha!! They are o.k. but you know what

I mean. I don't have to worry about standing up playing -

since we all sit while playing. I am glad we don't stand very much.

I have played in church groups for over 25 years, and this is

the first time my breathing is so much easier. Didn't realize how

much extra weight could affect the capacity of the lungs!

Wishing you well with your singing, and your WL progress!

It's great we have the band to help us get healthier

so we can better serve Him!

Judie

Hi Friends,

I just got back from swimming at the YMCA at it occurred to me it's one of the few things I can really do without my joints hurting. I kept telling myself I'm not really THAT overweight....but when you weight 229 and you're only 5 foot 3.....who am I kidding!!! I've let my weight impact my whole life and I'm tired of it. God has been so good to me and I want to share my life with people that need help, but I let my weight stand in my way!!! I'm looking forward, working the classes required by my insurance and hopefully will be banded in September. Please pray for me.

Hi everyone! I have been looking around the website and found your group... I love it. I have been looking for the Christian support. The ladies at my church are being somewhat supportive for skinny ladies... LOL They just don't understand what a heavier person deals with when they haven't had any of the issues. But they are there for me, but having a group like this on this website is awesome.

I was approved through my insurance about 1 1/2 weeks ago and have my appt with the surgeon on June 5th to set my date. Looks like it might be around June 20th. I am really hoping that is the way it works out. I thought this was going to be a horrible process with what the insurance company was requesting as well as what the surgeons office has us go through, but I believe because I took all this to the Lord that everything went so easily. I went to the first seminar in March of 08 and was approved in mid May... so that was really quick. It helped that I had already started a physician led diet prior to all this. (that is what my insurance requested)... Now a co-worker I have just found out she is approved as well, so I will have a lap band buddie!!! I am glad I found this group and will be visiting you all daily!

In Him, Ronda

Remember the first diet soft drink EVER. TAB. Yes, that was me prior to the BAND. tab tab & more tab. SOMETIMES EVEN 10 a Day. Do you know, I don't miss them AT ALL. So, take it from a diet soda ADDICT, Phillipians 4:13!! I CAN do all things through Christ. You can too So, just trust him

forgive my ignorance, but i a doing my best to add my PICTURE to my profile. I have maybe i have actually figured it out as i am talking to you. i want my picture to appear underneath my name on all my posts.

img000019.ipg

I recently had the unfill and a re-fill to 5 cc's in my 10 cc band and I am not feel a ton of restriciton. I can pretty much eat anything and I am falling back in to my old habits of not chewing too well because for some reason I am not finding that I have to. I chew a little and swallow and I am fine nothing gets stuck at all!!!

I am hoping that is not a bad sign that I am not going to be able to get good restriciton any time soon, or worse yet that there is something wrong like a slipped band?!?

Anyone else had a large unfill and then a re-fill and not get restriction, or food stuck like you used to when your band is half full???

Hi Everyone, just checking in.

Glad to hear from everyone. I too find it easier to sing and hold my notes since I'm losing weight.

Caelyn, will be praying for you. It is a slow journey, but you are on the right track! And, you have many others right here with you!

Coltorismom, I'm having a hard time with the diet soda issue. Pray for me.

Hope everyone is well and has a WONDERFUL day!