Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

icon7.gifJust a 'mini' celebration!!

Hey Guys!

I had to tell somebody of my HUGE accomplishment! Well, huge to me anyway. Yesterday was my seventh anniversary married to DH and the first time in 6 yrs that I weighed LESS than 300 lbs. Yesterday, I weighed myself at :woot: 299 lbs. I was so happy :thumbdown: and :w00t: thanking God. I know there is a very long way ahead, but that seemed like such a big deal to me. Thanks for letting me share!

Melanie

Congrads!! I know the feeling!!!! I can't imagine how it's going to feel once we get to the 100's!!!!!!!!

Snappy~

While there are def. no quotes in the bible for lapband the following are something to keep in mind as you begin your journey. They were a real help to me. Remember, God is great!! Put your faith in him!

Ps. 145:18The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him sincerely and in truth.

2 Thess.3:3 Yet the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and set you on a firm foundation and guard you from the evil one.

Ps.91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortess, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I confidently trust!

May surgery is May 20th and God has been in all of this. I am so blessed and really looking forward to this new "chance" to re-build the temple (MINE) LOL

There are so many exciting things happening in this old world, I want to be here to give God the Glory and be a watchman on the wall!! Please pray for my safety in surgery for Tues May 20th. I will let you know when I am banded. PTL ChristyC in Michigan

I brought my DH home today. He was banded yesterday morning. I think he's doing real good. I feel like I have a newborn...all he's doing is sleeping! I praise God for this opportunity for him! All of my "stuff" was sent to insurance Monday, so I am thanking God in advance for answering my prayers for my approval! God is good ALL the time!

God bless you all!

that is wondrful, Praise God, One day at a time,and the Journey will continue. Becky

I have been having an unusual pain in my back and my chest for the last few days since my band was too tight and I had to have an unfill. On Tuesday last week I had a fill of .5 cc and it was so tight (I told the doc and he didn't believe me) that starting the next day and for the following 48 hours I was not able to take ANY Fluid in. And I started throwing up foam on my way back to the surgeon. I tasted like Bile but came out as White foam, I had a severe migrane from Dehydration as well. Has this happened to anyone?

Well anyways the second part is that I went in to the ER and the Surgeon who put too much fluid in on Tuesday happened to be the surgeon on call and he came in and removed ALL the fluid in the band. Then starting about two days after all the fluid was removed I started getting a "burning like" sensation across the middle of my back; somewhere near where I think the band is placed. Sometimes it kinda feels like a dull pressure on the center of my chest in the front as well.

I know it is not from food being stuck or anything because it happens no where near the times I am eating. Usually when I haven't eaten or 2-3 hours afterwards.

If anyone can relate or knows if I should stop worrying please let me know a.s.a.p. because I am sort of freaking out over here thinking it might be something serious like erosion at the band site or something.

ANY thoughts???

First of all, you are in my prayers (praying right now!!)

I really think you need to get yourself back to the doctor. If you still have burning without any fill it could be just really swollen and irritated or it could be leading to erosion.

I do not mean to add to your fear, but waiting it out can only lead to bigger issues! I am praying for your health and that your doctor's hands are guided by God.

HUGS and more prayers!

Gen (wombat)

Thank you so much wombat! I really needed that. I have scheduled an appointment for tomorrow afternoon at 1:30 so I hope all goes well and that my surgeon is able to find out why I have been feeling this way. I have to drive 2.5 hours to see my surgeon so I am praying I make it there safely. This will be the third trip out to this facility this month and boy does that put a strain financially on me since gas prices are so high and I have toll bridge fees both ways every time I go out there.

But I am going to do some more praying that God will be with my doctor and I tomorrow and that all works out for the best!

Thank you for your prayers, I truely believe in the power of prayer!

'Praying for you Smilin Apple....let us know how you are doing?!

I am getting a bit nervous for Tues. I was doing well on pre op diet and tonight started some "emotional" eating. Eeeks, don't want to go there.

I have not prayed today....wow, that is usually my problem.

Not by strength, Not by might but by your Power, saith the Lord of Hosts Lord help us all, not to run ahead of YOU!! ChristyC :thumbup:

Thank you ChristyC I will be praying for you too!

I will keep everyone informed on what happens at the doctors tomorrow, again thank you for all your prayers!

Can't Hardly wait...

thanks for the scripture! They are so fitting!!

Christy,

5 more days!! Tuesday will be here before we know it! I'm trying to get my post-op diet ready. I'm going to be staying with my parents after I get out of the hospital, so I'm already packing!

And I'd like to ask for prayers for my mom. She was diagnosed with breast cancer this week. She is having the lump removed on 5/27, and then the surgeon will know what stage it is and all. My lapband surgery date is 5/20 and I asked everyone in my family if I should postpone and they all said NO! I have gone back and forth about it, as I have been waiting for quite some time. But I have realized that if I don't take care of my self, I won't be able to help my mom fight that horrible disease. So, I'm really going to have to learn how to stop the "emotional eating"! God will give us strength when we need it, right???

Diamond

Congratulations ImADucky!! I just saw your post and what an awesome feeling!!

Diamond, I'm so sorry about your mom. My SIL just had a cancerous lump removed a couple weeks ago. She's been unfortunately sick with one thing after the other. This last week it's been a nasty sinus infection that prevented her from getting the radiation treatment she was supposed to have prior to chemo. Now it looks like she'll do a year of chemo and then 7 weeks of radiation (instead of just a few days worth up front).

It's so hard to have a family member go through this. And of course, harder for you because it is your mom! Saying a prayer now that God will be with her and guide the hand of her surgeon, and that He'll heal her so she'll be cancer-free.