Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hi! I'm new to the site and have attended the info session. I'm having a hard time making up my mind on whether to go any further. I know this sounds crazy, but I'm afraid to not have soda again or ALL of what I want to eat. I know how that sounds as I sit here at 276 lbs. I'm glad to find a group of christians on this site. Pray that I'll make the right decision. I'm a new grandmother (4-5-08) and want to see him grow up.

Hi! I'm new to the site and have attended the info session. I'm having a hard time making up my mind on whether to go any further. I know this sounds crazy, but I'm afraid to not have soda again or ALL of what I want to eat. I know how that sounds as I sit here at 276 lbs. I'm glad to find a group of christians on this site. Pray that I'll make the right decision. I'm a new grandmother (4-5-08) and want to see him grow up.

I will tell you that I was right where you are one year ago!! I was a LONG TIME Diet Coke drinker... not to excess, but 1-2 cans a day for many years. I gave it up a year ago and now I drink Crystal Lite (or a cheap substitution!! I like Wal-mart and Albertson's brand more because they're not as sweet tasting). Some people say that after a few months you can add your carbonated drinks back, but I've had no desire to do that. I have tried a little on occasion, and I just don't miss it any more so why take a chance! It can bubble up and mess you up. I'm perfectly content with my crystal lite sub. Believe me, your tastes, desires, etc. will CHANGE in an awesome way! You completely retrain your way of thinking with regards to food. Truly... renewing of the mind where food is concerned!

I am so excited to see a Christian Site!! Praise the Lord. I am getting banded May 20th...and will want prayer for that please. I know my Lord is so good and merciful, and am I thankful for this opportunity!! I will keep reading, but am sure glad you are all here. ChristyC in Michigan :thumbup:

Hey Christy!

So glad you are here! :thumbup: I'm a newbie too - so welcome! Just know that as these words are posted, you have already been lifted up in prayer:pray2:.

God bless you on your upcoming surgery and band!

Hi! I haven't written for awhile because I've just been waiting!! But today I got my authorization letter from my insurance company. And I was able to schedule my surgery for May 20th!! (I really like my surgeon and his staff, they are great!! Three hours away from me, but well worth it!) So Christy we will have the same day!!!! I am so excited how about you??? It's coming up soon!!

I just keep thinking about the verse "He who began a good work in you is faithful to complete it". I believe this is the next step in that process!:thumbup:

Thanks for the responses re: what type of Protein drinks everyone uses. That helped me locate what I was looking for - I think.:thumbup: I am laughing at myself :tt2: as I type this because its like feeling in the dark for your glasses!!! Now that I've purchased one - I have been afraid to drink it :blush: because I wasn't sure how many grams of Protein we were supposed to consume in a day. And, I also am wondering when I start drinking the supplement and am on a liquid diet, do I need to take less of my metformin?:laugh: As a type 2 diabetic I thought I should ask about others experiences first. I hope to get started on this liquid diet soon! :thumbup:

Thanks again for being so understanding and helpful!

I will tell you that I was right where you are one year ago!! I was a LONG TIME Diet Coke drinker... not to excess, but 1-2 cans a day for many years. I gave it up a year ago and now I drink Crystal Lite (or a cheap substitution!! I like Wal-mart and Albertson's brand more because they're not as sweet tasting). Some people say that after a few months you can add your carbonated drinks back, but I've had no desire to do that. I have tried a little on occasion, and I just don't miss it any more so why take a chance! It can bubble up and mess you up. I'm perfectly content with my crystal lite sub. Believe me, your tastes, desires, etc. will CHANGE in an awesome way! You completely retrain your way of thinking with regards to food. Truly... renewing of the mind where food is concerned!

Thanks for the uplift.

Ducky - you need to ask the NUT at your doc's office about what they recommend for Protein intake. It has huge ranges between docs. Mine only wanted 40g but a lot of docs have it at over 100g.

As far as metformin - I think you're probably going to have to keep testing your blood and go back to your reg doc for blood work to determine when to lower it. My DH has lost some weight since I've done this and he has lowered his dose once but after blood work. He obviously hasn't lost a lot and quickly so it is definitely a different situation.

I wish you the absolute best on getting through the liquid phase of the diet!! Your time will come - be blessed :thumbup:

SDGaines - Ok - I was huge diet coke-aholic. I would drink 6 a day. I NEVER drank Water (ever) only diet coke. I tested my resolve to do this to show my commitment to my DH - I gave up diet coke two weeks before my surgery was scheduled. I have had 1 sip since then - didn't taste good. I had to drink a carbonated medicine that I thought was going to kill me about a month or so ago. The gas from the carbonation was horrible and made me nauseous. You couldn't pay me to drink a diet coke now :thumbup: As far as other foods - my dear son was so worried about what all I couldn't eat that he fed me everything he could think of that I couldn't have again - I was so full the week leading up to surgery that I didn't care if I ever ate again!!! I couldn't handle any more "last meals". (I didn't have a pre-op diet)

Be assured that God can take that away from you - like Phylser said - it is a renewing of your mind, your tastes, everything. I view the band as a blessing because it has changed my life tremendously!

Hugs & Prayers

Gen (wombat)

I'm 2days post-op and praise the Lord, all is going well. My only problem today is I keep getting sleepy. I'm only taking Tylenol. I pray the Lord give me strength to get my BCBS work done.

WELCOME to the new posters ... Diamond, your surgery date is approaching FAST. Will be praying for you.

Wombat, you give good advice...

I too am struggling with the diet coke issue. I have heard so many conflicting things about whether you can drink it again or not. I've about come to the conclusion that it's all guesswork. I think it can cause problems, but not sure that it always causes problems (dilation of the pouch ???). I've tried small amounts, a cup at a time. so far have not had any problems with it but haven't drank a lot.

icon7.gifJust a 'mini' celebration!!

Hey Guys!

I had to tell somebody of my HUGE accomplishment! Well, huge to me anyway. Yesterday was my seventh anniversary married to DH and the first time in 6 yrs that I weighed LESS than 300 lbs. Yesterday, I weighed myself at :thumbup: 299 lbs. I was so happy :tongue2: and :thumbup: thanking God. I know there is a very long way ahead, but that seemed like such a big deal to me. Thanks for letting me share!

Melanie

God Bless you NeverB4,

My prayers are with you as you recover. Also, congratulations on completing surgery phase of your lap-band.

Thank you, ImaDucky...and CONGRATS on your successful weight loss!! That's such a great feeling and God deserves all glory!!

I sat down on my toilet that faces a mirror..HEY, I can see my collar bones again!!!!