Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

What a wonderful site. I think our Lord led me right here this morning. On my way hopefully soon to get my band. All my testing is done just waiting for the inusrance to say go or no go ..That is in the Lords hands now .. This is a tool and a wonderful one..

All things are possible.....

Your words have been so helpful..

AZChick..... welcome! It's a great thread!

Wombat..... love the before and after pictures!! You look fabulous!! You're an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing them.

Livin.... what a great time with your sister in law! It's so amazing how God can take something that doesn't seem to be for our good and turn it into a positive experience for us. I love that!!:biggrin2:

I received notification that if I didn't join the forum that the messages would stop so "here I am". I was banded on the 18th of February and had my first fill 2 weeks ago on April 1. I really have not felt any restriction but since my doctor was on vacation all last week I couldn't see him. I am scheduled for tomorrow, April 16th and hope that something will happen. I haven't found anything that I can't eat so consequently I probably haven't lost anything. (I lost 15 lbs. during my liquid and "mushy" stages) I've done this (self-pay) to lose weight and get healthy again. I want to serve the Lord in a greater way and right now my health keeps me from doing all that I really want to do for Him! Please pray that after tomorrow I will feel the results of a "fill" and start down again!

i didn't get restriction until my third fill. A lot of it depends on what type of band you have and how aggressive your doctor is with fill amounts. I will be praying for you!

Didn't know they would stop sending you notices if you didn't join a forum! I have gotten email notices saying I had to go to the website and look at the latest posts, but it never told me I had to post something. Not sure what is going on there, but GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU!

I didn't know they send email notices :confused: I've never received any. Probably because I'm on here too much :)

Donsgal - I'll praying that this fill gets you to that happy spot!!!

Gen

I am a born again, blood washed Christian. I had my Lap Band surgery on April 14 and had the saints praying for the anointing of the surgeons, nurses and technicans. All went well. Just very sore, like doing 20 sit ups for the very first time. Be blessed.

Wowbat, you are looking great. I'm so happy for you.

Everyone I have a confession to make. I've prayed and asked God for forgiveness, but I think I need to make this an open confession and I think that on this thread you all will understand. I have never been jealous of anyone until I got the Lap Band. I find myself thinking WHY NOT ME, Lord. I constantly compare myself, look at the band dates and say it again, "WHY NOT ME, Lord". Today, I finally admitted it to him (which he already knew it, just wanted me to say it), the holy spirit is such a gentle and loving being and I could hear the father saying "you are you, I made you. Give it totally to me". Today, I did and I can truly say, when I say I'm happy for anyone's weight loss, I am. The devil kept me so busy looking at others until I didn't have time to really pray about other things and allow God to totally in control. I got my 6th fill Monday, I don't feel any restriction, but I know that God has his perfect timing and it's all at his feet. Livin4Jesus, God knew that he had a job for you to do with your SIL.

You are right, had it not been for the cancellation, you would have not been at church and you would have missed the greatest opportunity to do the Lord's work. I'm sorry that this is sooooo long, but telling this to my christian Lap Band sisters/brothers makes me so happy. I do love the Lord and I know without his mercy and grace, I would be a lunatic.:confused:

Edited by 2bmeagain

awwwe 2bemeagain - you are such a blessing to me and everyone on here. Thank you for the sweet comment.

I truly understand where you are coming from. I have become so much more critical of myself than before. Before, all I saw was that I was fat. Now, I see all the parts that went squishy, or droopy, or the wrinkles that have appeared now that they are no longer filled out with fat, etc.

I know God isn't done with me yet and I keep remembering what someone posted on here. "Pray for God to show you the REAL you in the mirror". I don't always ask to see the real me, I'm not entirely sure I can handle it :confused:

This band has been such a blessing to my life, health, marriage, everything!! I thank God every day for this gift - even when I'm not happy with the latest bulge that I'm obsessed with :)

HUGS and Prayers for all

Gen (wombat)

you know, 2bemeagain, you will look back at this time at some point and wonder why it was so hard. God does not bring you to something that He won't bring you THROUGH! Glad to hear such an uplifting and encouraging post. I'm sure (no, I KNOW from my own feelings) you are not the only one to feel a little jealousy or anticipation about wanting to be farther along in the process. VERY encouraging post.

I am back. So much going on in my life that I forgot to visit this website. THis site is great and I am doing great. Praise the lord. Thanks for all of your support. I am still losing! I have lost over 40 pounds since being banded 12/12/07. God is so good. I love my life and love the Lord! :)

AZChick..... welcome! It's a great thread! I have to update my ticker

Wombat..... love the before and after pictures!! You look fabulous!! You're an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing them.

Livin.... what a great time with your sister in law! It's so amazing how God can take something that doesn't seem to be for our good and turn it into a positive experience for us. I love that!!:biggrin2:

Edited by pleasantlake
Update

welcome back Pleasantlake!! Congrats on the 40#!!!!!!!! I thank God every day for my band - what a gift of my life back!

Yes, you heard right. I am on that liquids only liver shrinking diet & I must confess I CHEATED today for the 1st & hopefully last time. Maybe it won't hurt me too bad, if I stay strong from now until April 23. I had a bean & chs burrito from TUMBLEWEED. Didn't taste as good as it used to.

I have had bronchitis for a week. Agony! Did you all feel so scared before your surgery? I am really getting more scared as the day fastly approaches. Pray for me.

coltorismom - welcome!!!! One slip up shouldn't hurt you. I think the docs know that it happens on the pre-op. All you can do is your best to give you the best chances during the surgery.

I think everyone gets nervous :tt1: I know I did. I was waiting for my surgery - waiting in that lovely gown - and still having doubts. God quieted my fears and calmed my spirit. He can do the same for you - just ask :tt2:

I have marked my calendar for you and will pray for you!!

God Bless!

Gen