Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I hope everyone had a good start to the week! Mine was a wee bit tiring today. I had my sleep study last night....but didn't sleep as much as I'd hoped:sad: It's weird to want to "flunk" that test, but I know that would only help my chances of qualifying. I've got to keep the faith. "Ironically" that is what our sermon was on yesterday.

My husband met for the last time with the surgeon and nutritionist today, and goes Wed to meet with the anesthesiologist. I am so excited for him...almost as excited as if it were me!

God Bless each of you! Have an awesome week!:)

Hey Everyone, i know i've been out of touch for a few days. i lost control of my computer to my kids! Answer a few days back to talkinjack, i think these amounts of fills are regular for my doctor. i have a band that takes lots to fill. he prefers that band. he says he tries to fill it during the first three months, that is the amount of fills that come with the surgery. After that, it had to be resubmitted. I feel like i am doing ok, but still eat more at a meal than i should. WELCOME to all the new folks! And, glad the recent surgeries have went well!!! We are in GOOD hands!

welcome back Candy!! I was thinking about you since you've been quiet for a bit :lol: Glad to know all is well!!!!

My name is Monique. I am new to this thread. I was banded April 8 and doing great. So far I am down 20lbs, bless God. I am so excited to find this thread.

Hi, Monique! Welcome! I am new, too. I'm just waiting for insurance approval. Congratulations on your loss...that is awesome!

Hi You guys, we're SO glad to have you with us!!! I love having this place to go to whenever I get to feeling down or need encouragement, or wish to share good news, or just want someone who feels the same I do and going through similar circumstances. WELCOME.

Thanks for welcoming me. To answer your question coltorismom, it's 20 since being banded by my scale and 24 since I started the liquid diet two days prior to surgery. I guess it's an okay weight. At my two week check up I had lost 13 lbs and my surgeon told me, "work on your exercise". I started out at 268 the day prior to surgery.

Do any of you have a Bodybugg or actitrainer?

Edited by Godshelp

It is (Vanilla Flavored) 100% WHEY Protein. It also comes in PLAIN, chocolate, & maybe? strawberry? I am not sure. Vanilla is a pretty good choice because it BLENDS WELL with about any flavor yogurt you may mix with it.

You know what is really good...

when I was in my liquid phase,

I'd sometimes add a little sugar free raspberry flavoring...

the kind they use for Lattes...

I think mine is DaVinci...

in my chocolate Protein drink.. But there are lots of different flavors that come in sugar free, DaVinci as well as other brands, just for a little variety. I used the E.A.S. whey protein from Costco... at least I'm pretty sure it's whey.

Hello to all my brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm Latrice, a single mom of 2 girls and soon to be a grandmother come this Oct. I'm also a foster parent of 2 children. I joined this site maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. I decided a couple of months ago to have the Lap Band surgery. I have went to the weight loss info. class. And next week on the 16th I go to the 5hour orintation class. I'm having the surgery done at Kaiser of Richmond, CA. So if there is anyone out there whos had the surgery done with Kaiser please share your experience I would really apperciated.

It's good to know that there is a site for Christians to come and encourage each other, and most importantly Pray for each other.

You all will be in my Prays from this day forward.

Thank you, God Bless

I would imagine the answer to this question is somewhere on this site, but may take a while to find it! I'm always coming across posts that I know I'd like to refer to again, but they're not always easy to find again. I see the little icons by the messages, but don't really know what they mean or do?

I would imagine the answer to this question is somewhere on this site, but may take a while to find it! I'm always coming across posts that I know I'd like to refer to again, but they're not always easy to find again. I see the little icons by the messages, but don't really know what they mean or do?

Never tried it, but apparently those little icons will do what you want to do. I tried a couple of them. The little red "f".. is a site called "furl". You establish an account and then if you click on the "f" in the post you want to tag, it'll save it there for you. I think the other icons do the same things, just on different sites.