Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi, long time no speak, I have just had my 2nd fill last Thurs with Chris at Manchester, How are you doing, not seen alot of you lately, I have just been quickly passing on the site, I still have no restriction, I had another 2 mls put in on Thurs which takes me to 5mls, I cant have any more till sept, as we go away in August to Turkey and he says not to have any more fills. It is so good to hear from you and to see that you are doing so well. You are doing so well. I am really stuggleing at the moment and I am worried about my hols, that I may put weight on. I am now down by 2.7 stone but I am really stuggleing. I am finding it hard to lose weight by the day. I did ask if I could have a little more of a fill but he would not hear off it. I am realy pleased to hear you are doing ok and that you are well and happy xx Hope to speak to you soon xxxx

Hey Mandy, Great weight loss chick! You're doing sooo well, 2.7 st is a fantastic achievement. To be honest, i dont think it's supposed to be easy tho, i'm sorry you're struggling but you're doing fab and so far along your journey already so don't lose hope, we've only been at it 2 months! I thought i'd find it more difficult to be honest, i've given up drinking for the forseeable future too because that way i'm not losing 2lbs and putting 1lb back on when i drink which is what i was doing for a month or so. I'm also eating off a side plate instead so i can't put too much on my plate. Today i had a bacon roll at a car boot sale and could only manage 2/3 of it before i had a feeling of burning in my throat and then fullness. Does anyone have a clue whether that's a kind of restriction? I also feel fuller for longer after less food, like i said yoday was 2/3 of a bacon roll, a cous cous snack pot and yoghurt and half a paella ready meal and have felt content all day............... if anyone can tell me whether that burning feeling is restriction or not i'd be really greatful. i've also noticed that since my third fill last week, i haven't had the same stuck feeling in my throat, food goes down fine now, just that burning when i've had enough, answers on a postcard! Let me know how your getting on Mand, take care x:thumbup:

Hey beeboo oh thanks for ur message im dreading looking at the scars at first but nice to hear that girls settled after a few months i dont think il look at my scars for a while and defo not the first time they are being changed in hospital...

Freckles im starting to brick it i have been calm up until now even though saying that i havnt had a proper sleep since early last week so i think it was annoying me more than i thought but i keep panicing now and could be in the middle of something and it comes into my head and i feel sick once i wake up and dont die lol even though im terrified of how il feel when i do wake up i can imagine panicing and freaking out and wanting to undo it all i think il prob be more frightned when i wake up than before the op if that makes any sense at all and this time 5days il be on the chopping board i have to be in hospital at 6.30am so id say i wont be kept hanging about especially as its such a long op and being a sat i dont think theatre will be busy so id say once he's marked me up and stuff il be sliced but im very on edge cant even explain and i cant help it cos im damm excited im bloody permanently stuck in the mirror looking at my self pullin the belly in and liftin the boobs and the lot im just obsessed at whats gona happen but i cant f*c*ing believe its happening to me and in 5days time lol

TeeBird well done girlie on the loss bet ur thrilled u and odge are doing fab bet u cant wait to get to saudi to see mark tell him i said hi... It seems like no time since we were in belgium on the piss before ur op lol somehow i dont think il be on the piss before mine lol Im off the fags 2wks today and cant believe it i dont miss them at all it took a few attempts but i got there and dont think il smoke again even after the op so get me off the fags not eating shit i could actually turn out to be a healthy birdy and least when i go to the doc they cant blame everything on weight and fags

Anyway me and my bloddy rambling i never know when to stop i think i just feel like i know alot of you like forever i be trying to squeeze everything in and its so hard to type it out without rambling for me anyway lol But hope everyone is doing well x

T bird, that burning does sound like some restriction..i get it..infact i have it now trying to eat some rice, which i should know is hard work for me!

homecare..it was my doc who ordered the TFT test along with other routine bloods for irons etc..as i had lost some weight and my diet had changed.

flirty....ooohh, its getting nearer..im so thinking about you! x

hi guys i'm just checking in!!!!

Great to hear about everyones weight loss! mine is non existent!

But have a fill tomorrow at 12 in glasgow with WLS! anyone else there!!!!

Heya Everyone, Congrats on the new banders and the banders on their loosing journey!!!!!

I was banded 30th June 2009, just had my stiches out today.

Just wanted to know when was a good time to start swimming and sauna??

Oh Flirty you poor thing, but i must say you are brave, and it will all be worth it in the end.

You are not gonna be in really bad pain I hope, and if you are make sure you ask for the ole morphine. I'm sure as a private patient they will be catering to your every need especially well.

I cant wait for you to be able to come back and tell us how you feel, and when you're ready to be able to post some before and after pics.

Bless you darling, you little fighter xxxx

Welcome to all the newbies here and well done to all the losers, also a big kiss to all the newly banded X.

Mmm, poor you, I can really sympathise with you, but it will pass as you know, do what I did in the end and dont eat or drink after 7/8pm, then there shouldnt be anything to come back up.

My band is loosening off a bit now, I noticed it yesterday, which was 10 days since the fill from hell lol.

Today I have eaten so far, 2 egg yolks with 2 crackerbread with Clover on for brekky, and lunch ate a piece of cheese and cucumber all chopped into small pieces, and I feel so much better.

Hi odge im in glasgow tomorrow for a fill but im at 10am.

I so badly need it i actully thought i had restriction.I was out on thu night for a dinner at the chinese and i eat a four course meal yes four course.

I started with chicken noodle Soup then small portion spare ribs then crispy chilli chicken with fried rice an toped it off with a cheese cake.

I couldnt belive i eat all that thats the most i have ever eat since been banded.

So all off my restriction has been self restriction.The next day though i had a chicken salad an after a few mouth fools that was me could not eat any more.This band is totaly crazy.

So i will be asking for a large fill if possible.

Dont worry flirty it will be over before you know it.And you will be on here telling us how good its looking.

Hi odge im in glasgow tomorrow for a fill but im at 10am.

I so badly need it i actully thought i had restriction.I was out on thu night for a dinner at the chinese and i eat a four course meal yes four course.

I started with chicken noodle Soup then small portion spare ribs then crispy chilli chicken with fried rice an toped it off with a cheese cake.

I couldnt belive i eat all that thats the most i have ever eat since been banded.

So all off my restriction has been self restriction.The next day though i had a chicken salad an after a few mouth fools that was me could not eat any more.This band is totaly crazy.

So i will be asking for a large fill if possible.

Dont worry flirty it will be over before you know it.And you will be on here telling us how good its looking.

now that is a feast bobo sounds magic, my restriciton has also been weird, it seemed to have relaxed then its tight again but i think the relaxed was coming from me making mushier food choices so i think i will get a wee top up this friday, what do you recon i should get i am at 10ml the noo.

gaz

Dont get me wrong i enjoyed it but i felt totaly guilty after it.If i were you i would be only getting 0.25 to 0.50 put in at a time now as your nearer your sweet spot you dont want to be too tight .

Hi all and good luck to people being banded this week. I was just wondering if anyone has had a constant stitch in their side. Ive had this on and of since the op and Ive had it all day today. I just returned to work this morning as I have heavy lifting and my doc wanted me to stay off for 2 weeks. I am now 17 days post op and feel fine except this bloody stitch which is so annoying. It comes on when I am walking or being active. Jx

By the way gaz hows the training and the weight loss.?

I have been round strathy walking and cycling about 10 times since i met you there plus to the swimming a couple of times and on the wii fit but i have not realy done anything for a week .I feel as if i am not burning off fat and just turning it to muscle as the scales dont seem to be moving as fast as i would like for the hours i have been putting in .Do you ever find this happening.?

Dont get me wrong i enjoyed it but i felt totaly guilty after it.If i were you i would be only getting 0.25 to 0.50 put in at a time now as your nearer your sweet spot you dont want to be too tight .

Bobo the band is really confusing Ive not had a fill yet and at the moment Im sticking to mushies. I had a poached egg and it felt as if i had swallowed a snooker ball whole so painful, but I had a boiled egg mashed in a cup and it was fine? I think Im allowed to start eating normal food on Wednesday but Im terrified at the thought of it as I dont think it would go down easily. I mashed sweet potato and it was agony but ordinary potato no probs? All trial and error I suppose and also learning to eat slower after years of eating too fast. Jx

Hi homecare is the stitch on the same side as your port .?

I had somthing like that when i got banded i dont know if it was the port bedding in to the skin but it went away after a day or two.

Heya Everyone, Congrats on the new banders and the banders on their loosing journey!!!!!

I was banded 30th June 2009, just had my stiches out today.

Just wanted to know when was a good time to start swimming and sauna??

Dont know about the sauna but someone asked frederic about swimming and he says 4 weeks post op is a good time to start. Jx

Hi homecare is the stitch on the same side as your port .?

I had somthing like that when i got banded i dont know if it was the port bedding in to the skin but it went away after a day or two.

Yes its down my left side but it only comes on real strong when Im walking or something, its fine when Im sitting. Im 18 days post op. Jx