Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Going to weight management class this morning and having to tell them Ive had the band put in. The reason behind this class is to discover why you eat so much and to train you not to ,so dont think Im going to get good reception but feel I owe them an explanation, also its on the NHS so dont want to just leave without saying anything. Jx

hiya Homecare,just like to say well done with the weight loss so far,are you happy with it up till now?

i think its meant to start slowing down now to maybe couple of pounds per week,we will just have to wait and see?

im eating in the region of 1000-1200 kcals per day and less than 30% fat,how many kcals you roughly having per day?

catch u later.

:tongue_smilie:

Hya chicks, Sammy I cant get hardly anything down, still, I dont feel so good atm, dont know if its the lack of food and Water, cos I cant get much of either down. Damn headache, which is a sure sign of being dehydrated, I keep thinking that tomorrow it will loosen a bit, but if anything its getting tighter.

Sammy how's your loss going hun? Bless the baby walking, how lovely, you will be running everywhere after him now, once they find their feet there's no stopping them.

Gillian I know I'm over-filled, but it was fine after he did it, I swallowed yogurt and the water. It was the 5 hours or more drive home of sat in one position, being scared $hitless that made it so tight.

Anyway thats enough about moi, glad you are at your sweetspot, well done!!! Christmas will be a buzz, with all you people so slim!!!

Homecare!!! You have done so well, especially with your thyroid problem, well done.

Flirtydrawers, are you bricking it or mostly excited? God I do so admire you, you will be a movie queen when you're done.

hiya Homecare,just like to say well done with the weight loss so far,are you happy with it up till now?

i think its meant to start slowing down now to maybe couple of pounds per week,we will just have to wait and see?

im eating in the region of 1000-1200 kcals per day and less than 30% fat,how many kcals you roughly having per day?

catch u later.

:confused:

Hi TIN Im getting on ok and yesterday went to weight management as I had been going to them before being banded and didnt want not just to turn up so I decided to go and say goodbye to the nice people I had met. I really dont know exactly how many calories Im eating but its not a lot. Ive had a weetabix with skimmed milk for brekkie, three crackerbreads with philadelphia for lunch and a kids fish pie from morrisons for dinner. I did have a packet of quavers spread out over an evening as well one night. I know Im eating very little fat. I tried mashing and adding gravy to sweet potato but it hurt and wouldn't go down. I have to eat my weetabix very slowly as I can really feel it so I use a lot of skimmed milk to make it mushy.

I got an email from Evelyn and she is doing fine. Jx

Well went to weight management I have lost 12lb not sure if thats good or bad but I have a severly underactive thyroid and it would normally take me months to lose this so I must keep positive.

Gillian thats great 3 stone, when did you start to see the weight really shift and get into a kind of weight loss rythym if that makes sense? Hope all new bandsters doing well. Im still on mushies and bought a kids fish pie from Morrisons today and had it for my tea, it tasted sooo good. Jx

homecare..well done on your weight loss so far!.i lost the stone or so that people lose post op in first few weeks easily, then i lost couple more pounds over couple of weeks, then it stalled for about 6 weeks..even after first fill. i have lost a few pounds a month since, and last month my best yet of 8lb. its strange sometimes you think youve been really good, then you lose nothing!, the opposite happens too..now me and big sister seem to have our sweet spot, we seem to have started up again..but a lot of people have said that it does start moving again after 6 months post op..so looking forward to shedding more now!. i too have a very underactive thyroid so have been having blood tests..and cos of my weight loss my dosage has been reduced as my TFTs are up..so suppose thats advantage ,but will slow weight loss down maybe?!..hope not tho! it sounds like your very near to restriction with what you say?..i cant eat any type of potato, even really mashed up with gravy. i have also had some of those morrisons kids fish pies!.i found it hard going tho cos of potato content..i think my problem is i still trough..i eat like i always did, not chewing enough and too fast..then after a few mouth fulls its...ouch!!..gotta slow down and chew more.x

Neither of you are eating much, thats really great that your bands are working how they should be.

I ate some cheese and cucumber this morning, cos I dont like sweet stuff for brekky.

maybe I'll go try some weetabix now for lunch, I rather fancy that, thanx girls xx

Hey guys, long time no speak. Well it's been ages since i've been on to chat, but so much has gone on with moving home and everything...... How is everyone, Flirty, Wishfull, Mandyfielding etc etc?

Since i last came online, i've had 2 more fills so that's 3 in total, i'm still on mushies for today and back on solids tommorrow but it seems to be going well, should have restriction soon i think. So far i've got 4.75 mils in the band and i do feel full quicker although i don't feel tight very often. It must be working though cause i just hit my 2 stone mark woop! x

Edited by Tee-Bird

Hi Gillian did your doc put down your thyroxine because he knew you were losing weight or was it your yearly check up for thyroid. Dont want the amount of thyrozxine I take to go down just yet.

Freckles I hope you managed your weetabix it doesnt sound as if you are having much to eat and youve got to look after yourself girl.

Tee bird, 2 stone well done girl, and long may it continue. Jx

Hi TIN Im getting on ok and yesterday went to weight management as I had been going to them before being banded and didnt want not just to turn up so I decided to go and say goodbye to the nice people I had met. I really dont know exactly how many calories Im eating but its not a lot. Ive had a weetabix with skimmed milk for brekkie, three crackerbreads with philadelphia for lunch and a kids fish pie from morrisons for dinner. I did have a packet of quavers spread out over an evening as well one night. I know Im eating very little fat. I tried mashing and adding gravy to sweet potato but it hurt and wouldn't go down. I have to eat my weetabix very slowly as I can really feel it so I use a lot of skimmed milk to make it mushy.

I got an email from Evelyn and she is doing fine. Jx

hiya homecare, your doing not too bad at all eating those small amounts and feeling full,as i said im eating anywhere from 1000-1200kcals per day approx,no restriction as such but do get fuller alot quicker than before.

i dont seem to have a problem eating anything so far mince ,tatties,veg,veggy Soup, beans,snack a jaks,porridge, so im having a wee treat tonight small portion of boiled rice with curry sauce mmmm...will let you know how i get on:wink2:

i cant believe still got to wait another four weeks until we get our first fill seems ages away just hope i can keep the eating under control as well as i have been till then?:confused:

thats good that evelyn is doing well please tell her i was asking for her and wish her all the best:thumbup:

keep up the good fight....TIN:smile2:

Hi teebird congratulations on your weight loss.. 2 stone is really good news, you are doing great, bet you feel different now aswell. I missed my fill this month and i am struggling so could of done with it.. i do still struggle with different foods but i can eat more than i should or want to really. Keep up your good work xx How did the move go x

Hi teebird congratulations on your weight loss.. 2 stone is really good news, you are doing great, bet you feel different now aswell. I missed my fill this month and i am struggling so could of done with it.. i do still struggle with different foods but i can eat more than i should or want to really. Keep up your good work xx How did the move go x

Thanks Homecare and wishfull, Don't feel different yet really, my clothes are certainly looser but i'll probably notice a big difference with another stone off. The move is due next saturday, so i've been busy selling all my house stuff, nearly done now, can't take anything with me cause i'm moving in with my parents for a while before we get a villa allocated in Saudi, it's just a waiting game now!

When's your next fill due? When we spoke at the clinic in Manchester, you said there weren't any clinics close for WLS. Is Preston too far? I've been to the Leeds and Sheffield clinics with WLS and find them brilliant. I won't have anymore fills until september now because i'm going to see Mark in Bahrain in 2 weeks and then off to the Maldives 3 weeks later so i don't want to be too tight! How's your weight loss going? I find that the easiest thing to do at the moment is eat 3 times a day, with prepared meals so for instance today i had an actimel and slimfast smoothie for Breakfast, a cous cous pot for lunch and a weight watchers meal for tea. I'm averaging about 1000 calories a day and that seems to be working for me so far...... let me know how you're getting on chick x

Hi... I am from dubai and i also wanted to get banded.. I would like to know from where u did urs i mean which hospital, Dr., how was the treatment and cost and also the procedure u went thru after surgery like eating habits etc.. How much did u lose?? I know that i have a very long list.. But pls will u let me know these info as i have been desperately searching for someone who has done it in dubai.. Plsss share ur experience.. Thnxxxx

hey guys..

i am getting mine done on 3nov 2007 from the same doc.. can u tell me anything abt how it went? any info will be appreciated! thanx

hi flirty i wish you all the best with your opp i know a girl who got a full body lift after losing 16st she looks fantastic said it was the best thing she ever did.it did look all wonky at the start but all fitted into place and settled after a couple of months.she's like you fitting into a size 10/12 now.( i'm so jellous) anyway all the best.

Morning guys,

5 days after banding and i'm feeling good! Back to work tomorrow. :frown: But I guess I have to go back sometime, I mean hey who can take time off to have an op when they work for the govt right? <sigh>

Anyway, I dared to take the dressing off last last night and I've done away with the sexy stockings. The incision marks are surprisingly smaller than I thought they would be. I trimmed the desolvable stitches like Dr Chris said but left the other one until friday. Cant see as i'll need to see the nurse - I think I do that myself.

The pain is virtually gone now, just a kinda pulling sensation on my tummy in general, but i guess that's the muscle knitting back together.

food wisw I've been having a probiotic yogurt for brekkie, 2 dutch crispbakes with primula cheese for lunch, and half a tin of Soup and 2 more crispbreads for dinner. A fromage frais in the evening and a milkshake in the day, plus copius amounts of Water. Is that right do ya think? Should I be eating all that or any suggestions on what else to try?

Since going on the pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery ive lost 16lbs so i'm well happy.

Anyway, off to the sink for more washing up!

Catch you later

Lisa

xxx

Thanks Homecare and wishfull, Don't feel different yet really, my clothes are certainly looser but i'll probably notice a big difference with another stone off. The move is due next saturday, so i've been busy selling all my house stuff, nearly done now, can't take anything with me cause i'm moving in with my parents for a while before we get a villa allocated in Saudi, it's just a waiting game now!

When's your next fill due? When we spoke at the clinic in Manchester, you said there weren't any clinics close for WLS. Is Preston too far? I've been to the Leeds and Sheffield clinics with WLS and find them brilliant. I won't have anymore fills until september now because i'm going to see Mark in Bahrain in 2 weeks and then off to the Maldives 3 weeks later so i don't want to be too tight! How's your weight loss going? I find that the easiest thing to do at the moment is eat 3 times a day, with prepared meals so for instance today i had an actimel and slimfast smoothie for breakfast, a cous cous pot for lunch and a weight watchers meal for tea. I'm averaging about 1000 calories a day and that seems to be working for me so far...... let me know how you're getting on chick x

Hi, long time no speak, I have just had my 2nd fill last Thurs with Chris at Manchester, How are you doing, not seen alot of you lately, I have just been quickly passing on the site, I still have no restriction, I had another 2 mls put in on Thurs which takes me to 5mls, I cant have any more till sept, as we go away in August to Turkey and he says not to have any more fills. It is so good to hear from you and to see that you are doing so well. You are doing so well. I am really stuggleing at the moment and I am worried about my hols, that I may put weight on. I am now down by 2.7 stone but I am really stuggleing. I am finding it hard to lose weight by the day. I did ask if I could have a little more of a fill but he would not hear off it. I am realy pleased to hear you are doing ok and that you are well and happy xx Hope to speak to you soon xxxx

Had a fill on Saturday morning, at BUPA/Spire cardiff, with a Mr Wong, a surgeon who operates at both Cardiff and Bristol, I was quite pleased he was willing to give me a fill even though I did'nt have my op with him. A fill under xray would normally be around £250, but he did it without for £120, and is there every Sat morning. I think its a good option for those who work Mon - Fri, and live close enough.

He has come across Mr Chris clients before, and had nothing negative to say, he only mentioned he'd prefer the port under the bust, because if a Tummy Tuck is required there is less disruption to the port and it would not have to be re-located if it was under the bust.

I'm on liquids now until tomorrow, but had reflex last night which woke me up several times during the night, and thought of freckles every time.