Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

So pleased to hear from you big sister, and that things are now improving for you now that the band is showing you what it can do, its good is'nt it.

I think my band should join your naughty sisters club, caus it just stopped working overnight. But I'm going to sort it out on the weekend.

Little sis Gillian has been keeping us up to date with your fills and progress, and I can tell your both very close, and are tackling this together as a team.

Hey mmm, don't let on that me & little sis Gill might actually like each other or be close, our relationship is built on mutual sibling rivalry and pretending we can't stand each other! It is good tho cos we are always texting etc and encourage each other. She's got a slightly better deal tho - she now has the benefit of getting some of my clothes that are now a bit big for me - til she catches me up that is!

Hope everything is well with you - and your daughter who will be popping out your grandchild before long - a little girl isn't it? Take care, love Bigsis xx

Thanx Big sis, I thought I was over-filled too, so does my daughter. I cant really afford to pay to get that done, so will have to just wait until it loosens on its own.

Today I have eaten peeled sliced cucumber and cheddar cheese cut into small strips. I tried some home made liquidised Soup, just veggie, but couldnt manage more than a spoonfull.

And being as its now 8:40 thats it for me tonight.

I have just got to take my liquid vits and I'm all set.

I'm going to a wedding on 7th August so hope to have lost some more by then.

Thanx Big sis, I thought I was over-filled too, so does my daughter. I cant really afford to pay to get that done, so will have to just wait until it loosens on its own.

Today I have eaten peeled sliced cucumber and cheddar cheese cut into small strips. I tried some home made liquidised Soup, just veggie, but couldnt manage more than a spoonfull.

And being as its now 8:40 thats it for me tonight.

I have just got to take my liquid vits and I'm all set.

I'm going to a wedding on 7th August so hope to have lost some more by then.

hey freckles, are you managing to loose weight eating so little or is you body holding on to it.

x

Oh sorry Sammy my bad 20js0ab.jpg....I'm losing the plot here kid

(The south and North wales thing)

My Mum is finally walking with a zimmer frame, slowly but she;s getting there, thanx for asking babe, and everyone else that wished her well, many thanx to you all xxx

hi guys and girls,

Just back from Vilvoorde, the town my husband has named "dead" although I would love to say that he'd had too much to drink last night and DID manage to find a Kebab shop open!!!

The whole experience was enlightening to say the least.

We arrived at the Campanile hotel around 3pm monday afternoon after driving via the eurotunnel.

We sat out in the sun having a drink and eyed up all the people coming hoping to meet Clara and Anitahugs. I met the bubbly clara first and then Anitahugs.... then more and more people arrived. I turned out eventually to be 10 of being banded on the 7th July.

We all had a meeting with Frederick and Dr Chris in the evening and all met each other with our various partners etc. Some of the crowd managed to stay in the bar until well after eating ban was supposed to have started, but by all accounts a good time was had by all.

The hospital for all those going for banding was clean and efficient although a couple of nurses rather "off" in manner, but they were kinda over stretched with the UK invasion!

The night of the op, all i thought of is why????? Why did I voluntarily pay money to have myself in pain and why is my throat sore. To be honest I just felt like a complete whinger. The next day wasnt so bad and since tuesday as considerable improvement each day. Yes it is uncomfortable but not majorly painful.

I think the most annoying part is the inability to turn over in bed.

Anyway, so now i'm back home. Time to reflect. I think the weirdest thing for me was the first meal in the hospital when we were given a bowl of non descript Soup and 3 dutch crispbakes with marg and jam.

Without thinking to much about it I sat down to eat with my fellow Inmates and one of the girls woofed down the lot straight off. My mistake was a huge bite instead of a small nibble, but I had no problems as reality hit home and I thought about all these years of eating like I was having my last meal and scoffing so much till i would nearly burst. When I got home today I was sat quietly indoors and without a second thought decided to make some toast, even went to get the bread before it sunk in that the whole of existance as I know it has changed.

I made this decision fro this op and by god it's going to work for me! But 30 years+ of over eating and falling into bad habits and lets face it being a complete PIG isnt going to change in 48 hours. Right this minute I'm thinking about Breakfast and wondering if that lovely drink the hospital gives you will ever have the laxative effect Dr chris says it will????

Enough ramblings for one night

Lisa

xxxx

Oh sorry Sammy my bad 20js0ab.jpg....I'm losing the plot here kid

(The south and North wales thing)

My Mum is finally walking with a zimmer frame, slowly but she;s getting there, thanx for asking babe, and everyone else that wished her well, many thanx to you all xxx

Hi Freckles,you dont seem to be able to each much at all, i had my 4th fill last week i have some restriction but im able to eat most things just a little slower then before, i can have any amount of Soup and liquids no prob its kinda of frustrating dont know weather thats the way im suppose to be or maybe i need another fill all tho i think the next fill should do it but as i said before not sure weather or not to get fill in Aug because going to new NYC the end of Aug if i don't get fill then it will be 2 months i have to wait so in a dilemma about it, i can understand Freckles you reluctant to get a defill you've waited so long to get it right give it another week or so see how you are then main thing is your getting enough fluids in the band can be frustrating at times:confused:

So glad to see your mum is a bit better,

Just have a ? has any one suffered with bad breath my hubby ? son told me my breath stinks really bothering me went to the chemist to get something they just gave me mouth wash but its still there awful taste in my mouth like Iron taste if that make sense, the chemist asked me was i on the Atkins diet:confused::thumbup:

Thanx Shoes, about my Mum.

I think maybe I have this bad breath thing cos when I wake up in the morning my mouth tastes like old cabbages.

I think its the change in diet and our tums being almost empty.

Can you chew chewing gum? Thats what I do or maybe suck some mints or something, cos i dont think cleaning your teeth or a gargle of mouthwash lasts.

So we're gonna be nice and slim but stink of Halitosis lol.

Never mind hunny, my daughter was the same, it passes.

Chew on a clove of garlic and really give them something to moan about !!

Ah Lisa that was a nice story, I enjoyed reading about your experience.

So glad its over for you, you wont regret it. It is hard to make changes to your lifestyle, but you will adapt quite easily to it and then one day you'll think to yourself, when you look back 'How the hell did i ever eat that much'

I am constantly complaining, so join the club, we have to share our experiences and if it appears we're moaning, tough!!

Everyone in this thread must feel the same way and they all understand, without it we would go mad, its good to talk, as they say lol.

Edited by Freckles

Thanx Shoes, about my Mum.

I think maybe I have this bad breath thing cos when I wake up in the morning my mouth tastes like old cabbages.

I think its the change in diet and our tums being almost empty.

Can you chew chewing gum? Thats what I do or maybe suck some mints or something, cos i dont think cleaning your teeth or a gargle of mouthwash lasts.

So we're gonna be nice and slim but stink of Halitosis lol.

Never mind hunny, my daughter was the same, it passes.

Chew on a clove of garlic and really give them something to moan about !!

Ah Lisa that was a nice story, I enjoyed reading about your experience.

So glad its over for you, you wont regret it. It is hard to make changes to your lifestyle, but you will adapt quite easily to it and then one day you'll think to yourself, when you look back 'How the hell did i ever eat that much'

I am constantly complaining, so join the club, we have to share our experiences and if it appears we're moaning, tough!!

Everyone in this thread must feel the same way and they all understand, without it we would go mad, its good to talk, as they say lol.

Thanks hun i know small price to pay as my son said rather have bad breath then be fat he thought he upset me and said mam you look great lost so much weight bless x:smile:

hi guys and girls,

Just back from Vilvoorde, the town my husband has named "dead" although I would love to say that he'd had too much to drink last night and DID manage to find a Kebab shop open!!!

The whole experience was enlightening to say the least.

We arrived at the Campanile hotel around 3pm monday afternoon after driving via the eurotunnel.

We sat out in the sun having a drink and eyed up all the people coming hoping to meet Clara and Anitahugs. I met the bubbly clara first and then Anitahugs.... then more and more people arrived. I turned out eventually to be 10 of being banded on the 7th July.

We all had a meeting with Frederick and Dr Chris in the evening and all met each other with our various partners etc. Some of the crowd managed to stay in the bar until well after eating ban was supposed to have started, but by all accounts a good time was had by all.

The hospital for all those going for banding was clean and efficient although a couple of nurses rather "off" in manner, but they were kinda over stretched with the UK invasion!

The night of the op, all i thought of is why????? Why did I voluntarily pay money to have myself in pain and why is my throat sore. To be honest I just felt like a complete whinger. The next day wasnt so bad and since tuesday as considerable improvement each day. Yes it is uncomfortable but not majorly painful.

I think the most annoying part is the inability to turn over in bed.

Anyway, so now i'm back home. Time to reflect. I think the weirdest thing for me was the first meal in the hospital when we were given a bowl of non descript Soup and 3 dutch crispbakes with marg and jam.

Without thinking to much about it I sat down to eat with my fellow Inmates and one of the girls woofed down the lot straight off. My mistake was a huge bite instead of a small nibble, but I had no problems as reality hit home and I thought about all these years of eating like I was having my last meal and scoffing so much till i would nearly burst. When I got home today I was sat quietly indoors and without a second thought decided to make some toast, even went to get the bread before it sunk in that the whole of existance as I know it has changed.

I made this decision fro this op and by god it's going to work for me! But 30 years+ of over eating and falling into bad habits and lets face it being a complete PIG isnt going to change in 48 hours. Right this minute I'm thinking about breakfast and wondering if that lovely drink the hospital gives you will ever have the laxative effect Dr chris says it will????

Enough ramblings for one night

Lisa

xxxx

Hi Lisa welcome back your not rambling at all, that's what we are all here for its great to hear how everyone is getting on all different stages,every day you will feel a lot better start dropping them pounds:smile::thumbup:

woop woop, whats going on with my weight. I've been eating for Britain this week, because there is absolutly no restriction on volume or speed of eating so I've had a week of over eating and ....... somehow lost 3 lb I'm so confused, but happy

Going to weight management class this morning and having to tell them Ive had the band put in. The reason behind this class is to discover why you eat so much and to train you not to ,so dont think Im going to get good reception but feel I owe them an explanation, also its on the NHS so dont want to just leave without saying anything. Jx

Garry I had my last fill on Thursday 2nd july, by the Monday I had dropped 4lbs, or 2kilos.

yesterday when I weighed, I had dropped another 2.2 (1kilo)

Considering I'm hardly eating its not moving very fast, but i spose 6.6lbs in a week is good. What do you think hun?

Today I'm going to try eating earlier, cos i dont start until 1pm ish, cant get anything down. And then I dont have time to fit much else in before bed.

I was thinking of buying some baby food to see if that would go down, anyone else tried that?

:thumbup: hi everyone...not been on for 3 days!..so just catching up now! thanks everyone for your good wishes

:thumbup:welcome back to the newly banded!..wow, 10 were being banded..all on 7th july! i bet chris has banded more people than any other surgeon?!.

:thumbup:flirty, what an insperational post, brilliant! were all so excited about your op!!.i hope we can get to see you, also hope garry gets too!! you have also got a brother too as well as 3 sisters, and plenty of nephews and neices...ill send you the birthday diary!

:drool: sammy, harrison really can run to greet his daddy soon!! bless him.

:thumbup:homecare, i am 2lb off losing 3 stone..hoping to lose more steadily now as i am at good restriction.x

:w00t:bigsister, about time you posted too!...leaving me to let everyone know how your doing!

:scared2:freckles..seems like your a little overfilled, its not nice the throwing up thing is it...hope it settles down or think id see about having bit took out?..make sure you get all your nutrients, dont want you going to that wedding slim but bald do we!!.i think it was you who told me about the sea kelp tablets for your hair in first place?..its either coincidence or they do work as i havent had any Hair loss ...yet..touch wood!! x

:thumbup:everyone else...have a lovely weekend!! x

Well went to weight management I have lost 12lb not sure if thats good or bad but I have a severly underactive thyroid and it would normally take me months to lose this so I must keep positive.

Gillian thats great 3 stone, when did you start to see the weight really shift and get into a kind of weight loss rythym if that makes sense? Hope all new bandsters doing well. Im still on mushies and bought a kids fish pie from Morrisons today and had it for my tea, it tasted sooo good. Jx

Hello there!!

Well done to everyone who's been banded this week.

Freckles - so glad ur mum is improving, I hope she continues to do so. How much are u eating now? I'm trying ot get at least 800-1000 cals in even if it means eating a bit of choc or something. I seem to have good restriction now, I can eat a sensible amount which means the 'top up choc' has been ditched!!

Lisa - wow 12 people getting banded with u that's great! I was on my own and felt a bit left out :tongue_smilie:! It was Friday the 13th though!!!:frown:

Bigsis - great to hear from you and I'm glad u've found ur sweet spot. It must be great having little sis to share ur journey!!

Gillian - u are doing great too!!

Mmm - isn't it weird how u think u've lost/gained and the opposite happens? There's jsut no logic sometimes!!

Shoes - it won't be long until ur hols! You'll have a lovely time especially if u can get a bit of nice scoff down u!!

Homecare - glad to see ur getting on OK at weight management, I hope it continues to help.

Gary - how's the training going? I'm prob gonna join the gym when I'm back at work, not that' I'll be able to go that often. I've lost best part of 3 stone now so at least I know if I start exercising more I can get even more off. I tihnk it'll help with loose skin etc.

Dearest Flirty...........................not long now girlie! I bet ur emotions are everywhere!! It'll be fantastic for u, a new you!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Hello to everyone else!!

BTW - I met up with my work colleagues today for lunch at a Chinese buffet! I was a bit nervous as we usually get it down us!! I didn't get rumbled! I went to the buffet twice (as opposed to the usual 3-4 times!!) and had seaweed, mini spring roll, noodles, rice in VERY small amounts and covered the white on the plate with a few prawn crackers which Harrison helped me out with!! :) It was a good opportunity to try a few new foods out. It was all OK albeit in small amounts but I'd defo say it's my sweet spot! YAYYYYY!!!