Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi sammy thanx for getting back to me so soon.I'm totaly fed up with this.I can always eat and do get hungry.I thought when I got my band in I would'nt feel hungry.I know i'v got to work with the band but I did'nt think it would be as disapointing for me.it's great that your doing so well,2pm I go for my fill so fingers ccossed I get there. beeboo x

Hi all thats me had my fill today and weighed in .

I got another .50 put in taking me to 10.75 in a 11ml band.

I have lost another 8lb which im chuffed with as thats a steady two lb a week .

I meet the the lovley odge who was going in after me so hope it went ok for her.

I struggled a bit to drink the Water after the fill and i have came home and drunk a protien shake which i have struggled with so hopefully this is the one for me which will make the diffrence.

Good luck with your fill today beeboo hope all goes well for you let us know how you get on.:rolleyes:

Beeboo - no worries, you will get to ur sweet spot eventually and trust me it really does work!!

Bobo - great news on the weight loss. Let's hope this fill gives you good restriction. I hope isn't not too tight. When mine was too tight Wendy from WLS told me to eat lots of lollies and nurofen melts helped but hopefully you won't need it!! 2 lb a week is great - well done.

great bobo, you'v done so well let you know how i get on today maybe i should have my mouth stitched shut instead of a fill that 'll stop me eating for sure. beeboo x

hi all

could somone please tell me what reaching your sweetspot is supposed to feel like.I was banded in november 08, lost 2st in about a month but by the end of jan I'd put it all back on again.First fill I got was in jan,3ml put in(could eat anything)then 2ml in feb still could eat anything,1ml in march which made 6ml I was sick a bit so did'nt get a fill in april.When I went back in may Igot 1ml took out because I was going on holiday and did'nt know what kind of food they had in Egypt and did'nt like the thought of not being able to eat anything.I got the 1ml put back in june,I think I eat to fast or don't chew well enough sometimes I'm sick with something I had no bother eating the day before.I'm going for a fill today, I was thinking of getting 0.25 put in as I can still eat quite a bit in the one sitting.I have lost about 1st but have stopped loseing again.I'm going to a wedding in october and new orleans in november and want to loose some weight by then.need help and support desperatley as I'm fed up being a wee fatty. bee boo.x

He bee boo, I think the sweet spot is slightly different for different people, mine is where I can mostly eat what I want, but in much lower quantities, and still feel satisfied, (never go for the full feeling). and the weight loss is consistent allbeit mine is slow. For others it might be as tight as to cause high level of restriction, which will reduce the variety of foods tolerated, and then the result will be a much faster weight loss. It also depends on how much weight you have to loose, when you're on your last 2 stone its slower.

I now have 7ml in a 7-9ml band but can eat most things slowly and the band does not interfear with my life syle, weight loss is slow but steady ish, so for me its at the sweet spot now, If I want to loose weight any quicker I'll have to seriously look at WHAT i'm eating, rather than the quantity.

hi mmm

thanx for the info i'v just been to see Wendy and had a good talk with her she put in .25ml.she has put me on a pouch shrinking diet then after that I go onto this new diet that Wendy has made called green amber red which will be in her new book.I was suprised when I stood on the scales to see i'd lossed 9lb (great eh). I was so down on myself this morning.Thanx sammy & bobo for this morning your mail helped.I'v just had a banana slimfast went down ok beeboo x

Bobo well done on the weight loss you must be so pleased with yourself

beeboo it just goes to show its working I hope this fill really helps you.

Flirty good luck with the life changing op. Im sure you know were all thinking about you youve done sooo well.

hi homecare, i woudnt worry about that as i am still getting it too!:thumbdown:would imagine its still the muscle healing from where the port is positioned.plus the better it gets the less you feel it so the more we will probably stretch and lift things that might put a wee strain on it again until its fully healed.

im playing footy on friday so will see how it goes during and after that work out?:thumbdown:

see yah:smile2:

Good luck with the footy TIN. How are you doing food wise are you eating any solids yet or still on mushies? The stitch isnt there all the time but I would say its there around 40% of the time. So glad Gillian, fatduck and you said you have the same as I was beginning to worry. Im still on mushies. Jx

Hi all

I got back from my fill in Glasgow today about an hour ago, god i'm tired 9 hour round trip!!!!

Lost half a stone since last fill which is ok!!! Wendy is really nice and she put in 1.6ml in so i am now at 4.6ml after 2 fills!!! Water is going down fine just a little slower!

Was nice to meet you today bobo! how's your girgling!!!!:thumbdown:

Jo x

P.s

Sorry can't remember who said it but i still get stitch in my side when i walk quickly and i've been banded 2 months so not to worry!!!!

hi mmm

thanx for the info i'v just been to see Wendy and had a good talk with her she put in .25ml.she has put me on a pouch shrinking diet then after that I go onto this new diet that Wendy has made called green amber red which will be in her new book.I was suprised when I stood on the scales to see i'd lossed 9lb (great eh). I was so down on myself this morning.Thanx sammy & bobo for this morning your mail helped.I'v just had a banana slimfast went down ok beeboo x

Woop woop 9lb off hey your doing great, tell me more about this pouch shrinking diet, I think it may help me when my restriction wears off.

Woop woop 9lb off hey your doing great, tell me more about this pouch shrinking diet, I think it may help me when my restriction wears off.

Hey mmm

I Read the pouch shrinking diet on the WLS leaflet and it is basically going back to your post op diet of liquids and mushys!!!!

Well done beeboo thats great news 9lb. It will give you a lift loosing that amount and im sure it will spurn you on to loose even more.

Is the pouch shrinking diet the same as the 5 day pouch test where you are on liquid for two day then soft protien for two the hard protien for one.?

Cheers homecare yes im feeling pleased with my self i will be quite content to get half a stone off a month.

Hi odge ye nice to meet you today.Seven pounds since your last fill is great good for you.

I had a protien milk shake when i came home and struggled with that and later had a glass of Water and took a couple of big gulp and i got the slime and brought it back up .Had some Tomato Soup for dinner and that went down fine.So i think i will just have to take my time when im drinking.

Well done beeboo thats great news 9lb. It will give you a lift loosing that amount and im sure it will spurn you on to loose even more.

Is the pouch shrinking diet the same as the 5 day pouch test where you are on liquid for two day then soft protien for two the hard protien for one.?

Cheers homecare yes im feeling pleased with my self i will be quite content to get half a stone off a month.

Hi odge ye nice to meet you today.Seven pounds since your last fill is great good for you.

I had a protien milk shake when i came home and struggled with that and later had a glass of Water and took a couple of big gulp and i got the slime and brought it back up .Had some Tomato Soup for dinner and that went down fine.So i think i will just have to take my time when im drinking.

Thats great news! looks like your there mate!! Well done! x

:thumbup:Hi all meet Wendy yesterday she is really nice , told her you all speak well of her on her and she was pleased that the word is going round about her and said if any one out there is not happy with there fill provider or just wants some info to give her a call , she is going out to meet Dr Chris soon to see about doing packages with him too she said i have a small band it will only take about 7 1/2 mils and she put in 3 mils yesterday and i am going back to see her next month I have taken the 12 month package as it was on offer it cost me £ 530 plus my £30 deposit and the 6 months are on offer for £ 270 so they are great value at the moment she had to do me standing up as i have got a lot of scar tissue she said as i lose weight it should be easier to find the port so lets hope i start to lose some more weight but they were pleased with the 1 stone 8 lbs i have lost so far so fingers crossed xxsuefeexx:thumbup:

hi flirylass could you please tell me the name of the surgeon you are using as i have a friend who wants her upper arms done and its quite difficult opp iI'm told many thanks and good luck for fFriday suefee