Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi All,

Everyones doing great. Congrats to you all. :thumbdown:

Homecare, I'm experiencing the same stitch. I get it when I sit down to eat aswell. I'm not worried about it though, don't know if I should :biggrin: but it is quite painful at times.

I went back to work today, (took 2 weeks holidays to be banded) and my chefs whites which 2 weeks ago I couldn't close the bottom button now shut with ease. My weight loss had halted but I must be losing inches.

Hi All,

Everyones doing great. Congrats to you all. :thumbdown:

Homecare, I'm experiencing the same stitch. I get it when I sit down to eat aswell. I'm not worried about it though, don't know if I should :biggrin: but it is quite painful at times.

I went back to work today, (took 2 weeks holidays to be banded) and my chefs whites which 2 weeks ago I couldn't close the bottom button now shut with ease. My weight loss had halted but I must be losing inches.

I went back today as well, thank god Im not alone I was beginning to think maybe something was wrong. Are you still on mushies? What is your food intake consisting of. Im trying a cottage pie tonight as I know I still could not eat solids. jx

Hi teebird, my weight loss has halted again and my restriction is different everyday, today i have only had slimfast for breckfast and cup a Soup for luch.. i think im not eating enough or doing enough exercise, im going to inverness sat for a week of walking so maybe it will start the weight moving again, i hope so. You are doing great, i hope your house move goes well x

I went back today as well, thank god Im not alone I was beginning to think maybe something was wrong. Are you still on mushies? What is your food intake consisting of. Im trying a cottage pie tonight as I know I still could not eat solids. jx

I can still eat everything that I could before, not the same quantity though, thank god coz I could eat a troughful of food in one sitting before!!! I can still manage bread. I know this through pinching a bite of hubbies sannies, but don't want to try a full one as I miss bread desperately and pies and etc etc:w00t: I did treat myself to a jam doughnut on saturday.

I'm eating weetabix for Breakfast, Soup for lunch and noodles or pasts or tatties with mince or something for tea. I'm not having the same every day but that's a rough idea of my daily intake.

I think any weight I lose between now and fills will have to be lost through will. I've a problem with a lack of will power so I foresee a tough road ahead for me.

How are your incisions healing? I'm not even sure which one of mine has the port behind it because I have two that are pretty lumpy. One must be the port and the other must be a big lump of scar tissue:scared2:

I can still eat everything that I could before, not the same quantity though, thank god coz I could eat a troughful of food in one sitting before!!! I can still manage bread. I know this through pinching a bite of hubbies sannies, but don't want to try a full one as I miss bread desperately and pies and etc etc:w00t: I did treat myself to a jam doughnut on saturday.

I'm eating weetabix for Breakfast, Soup for lunch and noodles or pasts or tatties with mince or something for tea. I'm not having the same every day but that's a rough idea of my daily intake.

I think any weight I lose between now and fills will have to be lost through will. I've a problem with a lack of will power so I foresee a tough road ahead for me.

How are your incisions healing? I'm not even sure which one of mine has the port behind it because I have two that are pretty lumpy. One must be the port and the other must be a big lump of scar tissue:scared2:

I would be too scared to try bread or Pasta everything Ive been eating has been mushed up, like I said before poached egg was like eating a golf ball whole so sore. I know I also have to slow my eating down. My scars have healed really well , The one the port is under is the largest scar. I would say this one has healed last and is a bit like an indentation on my stomach the rest are just like small scratches and Im sure will disappear shortly. Jx

That sounds good Homecare, hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones to get restriction straight off. I have read of folk who never need a fill because of instant restriction so hopefully you'll stay this way but you maybe still have some internal swelling to go down. I definately feels tighter but I know I'll need filled soon, wish I could have one now.

Edited by fatduck

I would be too scared to try bread or Pasta everything Ive been eating has been mushed up, like I said before poached egg was like eating a golf ball whole so sore. I know I also have to slow my eating down. My scars have healed really well , The one the port is under is the largest scar. I would say this one has healed last and is a bit like an indentation on my stomach the rest are just like small scratches and Im sure will disappear shortly. Jx

i had this stitch type pain really bad..dont worry it will go it took mine agood 10 weeks after to feel right..but every now and again if i knock it or tense to bend over or pick summat up, it reminds me its there!. yes the big scar on your left is the one the ports under..it does feel like quite a big lump..mines like a sausage! (maybe it is one that got stuck?!) mine were all dented in when i was post op too..i cant feel them now, and the scars are flat and fading well now.

Hi all and good luck to people being banded this week. I was just wondering if anyone has had a constant stitch in their side. Ive had this on and of since the op and Ive had it all day today. I just returned to work this morning as I have heavy lifting and my doc wanted me to stay off for 2 weeks. I am now 17 days post op and feel fine except this bloody stitch which is so annoying. It comes on when I am walking or being active. Jx

hi homecare, i woudnt worry about that as i am still getting it too!:thumbdown:would imagine its still the muscle healing from where the port is positioned.plus the better it gets the less you feel it so the more we will probably stretch and lift things that might put a wee strain on it again until its fully healed.

im playing footy on friday so will see how it goes during and after that work out?:thumbdown:

see yah:smile2:

Morning guys,

5 days after banding and i'm feeling good! Back to work tomorrow. :thumbdown: But I guess I have to go back sometime, I mean hey who can take time off to have an op when they work for the govt right? <sigh>

Anyway, I dared to take the dressing off last last night and I've done away with the sexy stockings. The incision marks are surprisingly smaller than I thought they would be. I trimmed the desolvable stitches like Dr Chris said but left the other one until friday. Cant see as i'll need to see the nurse - I think I do that myself.

The pain is virtually gone now, just a kinda pulling sensation on my tummy in general, but i guess that's the muscle knitting back together.

food wisw I've been having a probiotic yogurt for brekkie, 2 dutch crispbakes with primula cheese for lunch, and half a tin of Soup and 2 more crispbreads for dinner. A fromage frais in the evening and a milkshake in the day, plus copius amounts of Water. Is that right do ya think? Should I be eating all that or any suggestions on what else to try?

Since going on the pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery ive lost 16lbs so i'm well happy.

Anyway, off to the sink for more washing up!

Catch you later

Lisa

xxx

Hi Lisa Glad to see your doing really well i didnt know we could eat crisp bread. can you get it anywhere apart from sainsburys? No sainsburys here on the emerald isle!! Well done wiht the weight loss girl!!!

By the way gaz hows the training and the weight loss.?

I have been round strathy walking and cycling about 10 times since i met you there plus to the swimming a couple of times and on the wii fit but i have not realy done anything for a week .I feel as if i am not burning off fat and just turning it to muscle as the scales dont seem to be moving as fast as i would like for the hours i have been putting in .Do you ever find this happening.?

oh absolutely mate its drivin me nuts, i have considerably reduced my food and training harder and my weight has dropped a bit but seems to have stalled again but i am loosing inches an changing body shape but the scales i think r stuck, really pissing me off.

g

Hi Lisa Glad to see your doing really well i didnt know we could eat crisp bread. can you get it anywhere apart from sainsburys? No sainsburys here on the emerald isle!! Well done wiht the weight loss girl!!!

Hi clara tesco do light choices dutch crisp bread which ae good and only half the cals as the normal ones.

Gary it is very frustrating when your putting in the work and the scales dont seem to be moving.But like you say the inches will be coming off and that makes a big diffrence.

hey Clara,

I meant those dutch crispbreads, not others. Dr Chris said they were fine to eat cos they turn to liquid in your mouth. Ive tried em with primula cheese on, nice!

Hope your doing ok. Keep in touch

Lisa

x

hi all

could somone please tell me what reaching your sweetspot is supposed to feel like.I was banded in november 08, lost 2st in about a month but by the end of jan I'd put it all back on again.First fill I got was in jan,3ml put in(could eat anything)then 2ml in feb still could eat anything,1ml in march which made 6ml I was sick a bit so did'nt get a fill in april.When I went back in may Igot 1ml took out because I was going on holiday and did'nt know what kind of food they had in Egypt and did'nt like the thought of not being able to eat anything.I got the 1ml put back in june,I think I eat to fast or don't chew well enough sometimes I'm sick with something I had no bother eating the day before.I'm going for a fill today, I was thinking of getting 0.25 put in as I can still eat quite a bit in the one sitting.I have lost about 1st but have stopped loseing again.I'm going to a wedding in october and new orleans in november and want to loose some weight by then.need help and support desperatley as I'm fed up being a wee fatty. bee boo.x

Poor you Beeboo. You really do need some restriction to help you don't you? I was lucky I had restriction after 3 fills (at 6ml in a 7-9 ml band). I can only describe it as a feeling of not being able to eat any more rather than being full (for me anyway). The best thing I've found though is that I'm just not hungry which is great!! This has happened after the last 2 fills and has lasted a good few weeks. Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat. Hopefully ur next fill with give u a bit of restriction at least.

Did anyone else have problems over the last couple of days with the site? It kept saying I had to be a member and sign in but it wouldn't let me damned thing!!

Mmm how's ur reflux? It's awful isn't it? I had it a couple of nights ago. I won't drink or eat an hour before bed but I think I need to increase it to 2-3 hours like Freckles said.

Flirty not long now!!

Morning everyone else.

I'm going for a review on Sunday but no fill for sure!!

Hey gary can you tell me your quorn curry recipe again, plllzzzzz, im going to try it tomorrow night x