Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Ah Shoes,

I feel for you. Must be so frustrating just surviving on Willpower and having no restriction.

Keep with it girl and look at how well you've done so far...

4 and a half stone is that right???

You've done fantastic.

Maybe Wendy comes to Ireland? Fingers crossed she sounds brilliant

Siobhain

Hi Topping i am very happy about weight loss so far, i new in the beginning the first few fills i wouldn't get proper restriction on my 4th one Fred said some came back out this should be it for me i was expecting to have good restriction, i do have some in the morning but by the afternoon it wheres off i say i could eat anything buy then but try to be so good,just feel now is the time i really need help from the band,im just a bit worried getting another fill so close to hols i could be to tight, it be great if Wendy comes to Dublin she seems to have a lot of time for peeps, Fred is ok but sometimes you feel a bit rushed x:smile:

Sorry guys i posted twice earlier didn't think it went through having problems with site at the mo anyone else having probs with post :thumbdown:

hi mmm

I did do well it's gave me the push I needed, right the pouch shrinking diet you have a slimfast or whey powder choc,vanilla,coffee,strawberrydrink for Breakfast & lunch with some fruit, yogurt,mousse & fromage frias as Snacks. if your hungry at tea time have some Soup, bit of chicken or some fish & wee bit of veg.I'll send you a copy of the new trafic light system diet when I work out how to send it.I'll get my husband to see if he knows how to do it. beeboo x

i got banded on july 7 lost 1 stone , when can the stitches come out, and how long do i have to keep changing Patches on my tum, and what can i not eat i no bananas and red meat and bread and fizy drink what els

hi gastricband, my stitches came out after 10 days,I was told by the nurse in the hospital not to change my dressings untill the stitches came out so I did'nt,Dr said my wounds were very clean when taking out the stitches.everyone's different with what they can eat.I can't eat rice or Pasta, you'll know yourself when you try to eat something and you can't tolarate it .

Hi Toppings the number for WLS Group is 0800 78 79 029 and you book though Colleen they have clinics in Dublin Leeds Cardiff Sheffield Belfast Birmingham Preston Newcastle Glasgow i hope this is helpful

Hey mmm and shoes and garry of course thanks for the messages but yeah im having panic attacks so not too good im just so nervous bout the tummytuck cos il be cut up the middle im just worried about where the bottom and top scar will meet i dont know why lol but im not gona ramble this time only 3more sleeps left x

:thumbup: hi everyone.. for those of you wanting to know how to get in touch to make an appointment with wendy at WLS.. you can go onto their website and email or preferably phone for any info or to make a booking on...0800 78 79 029 . this will put you through to colleen who arranges things. you get sent a pack out with all the info in also.( if you get thro to answer phone leave a message and colleen will be right back to you)

wendys next clinic in dublin is weds 5th august i think...you can have a "pay as you go" fill also, but the 6 month package is excellent value now at £275 for 6 months complete care including unlimited fills/unfills. wendy really knows her stuff, and is lovely. she is at each of the venues (someone listed them yesterday) once a month and at harley street every weekend i think.. you can go every two weeks for a fill or advice, getting you to your sweet spot really quickly. me and big sister go to the sheffield clinic (just down road from us luckily!) and also to the leeds one 40 mins away if need be. x

Edited by gillian

Hey mmm and shoes and garry of course thanks for the messages but yeah im having panic attacks so not too good im just so nervous bout the tummytuck cos il be cut up the middle im just worried about where the bottom and top scar will meet i dont know why lol but im not gona ramble this time only 3more sleeps left x

hey flirty, dont worry about that cut..it will pull everything together..i saw a fluer de lys done a on a tv prog and it was fantastic...youll look wonderfull!. im counting down with you, have you got a lap top you can take and use while in hosp?.. ill PM you with my mobile number, and i hope youll text me to let me know how your feeling, cos ill be sooo thinking about you!. if we can manage to get to see you, we will. but with it being school hols for 7 weeks starting friday..would have to sort out some child care..will see if thats poss, cos would love to visit you! oooh 2 more sleeps! x

Hi Gillian and Suefee,

Thanks a million for those details.

I've found the website!!!

That number is a Freephone number from UK and we're unable to ring it from the Emerald Isle, so I've sent them an email.

OMG I haven't even been banded yet and looking at this!!!

What am I like?

Flirty - good luck sweet heart. Just keep asking for more morphine when you wake up if your in any pain.

Hi Gillian and Suefee,

Thanks a million for those details.

I've found the website!!!

That number is a Freephone number from UK and we're unable to ring it from the Emerald Isle, so I've sent them an email.

OMG I haven't even been banded yet and looking at this!!!

What am I like?

Flirty - good luck sweet heart. Just keep asking for more morphine when you wake up if your in any pain.

your welcome... and yes, flirty, just keep your morphine topped up, you deserve to be as comfortable as you can while in hospital x

Thanx gary i will be trying that, it does sound delicious xx

Hey flirty im away from friday afternoon but you have my number so when you feel up to it i would love to know how you are getting on, dont forget you will only be in pain for a short while and then you have got the rest of your life to live your life to the full.. you are ssoooo lucky to get to this stage in just a short space of time, you really are to be admired xx

Morning all,

For those who are thinking of going with WLS i would seriously recommend it! I had my first appointment with them yesterday and it was brill! she discusses everything with you from fitness to excercise!!!!

BOBO, i've booked another appointment with them on 11th august for 10:45! Are you going to have anotherone or see how you feel?

JO x

P.s The 6 Month package offer for 275 at WLS is only on offer till end of July!!! Then the price goes back to 349!

Good luck with the footy TIN. How are you doing food wise are you eating any solids yet or still on mushies? The stitch isnt there all the time but I would say its there around 40% of the time. So glad Gillian, fatduck and you said you have the same as I was beginning to worry. Im still on mushies. Jx

Hi Homecare, thanks re the footy looking forward to it but just hope this stitch doesnt play up??:)

it was bothering me the other day but yesterday and today nothing thankfully,it was probably due to me trying on new shoes/boots and clothes the day it started up so it must be down to all the twisitng and bending and the muscle not being fully healed yet.

i am mainly sticking to my veggy Soup, porridge, crispbreads,scrambled egg,yogurts,puddings,jellys but i did have a lovely chicken curry with boiled rice on sat as a treat(small portion) and it went down ok,also had tatties & mince which was fine so tonight i have some smoked haddock & veg to try.......will let u know how i get on!:wub:

how are you getting on with the solid food?

see yah:smile:

Hi ya Lisa Thanks ill have a look out for them I am doing fine, I am actually not sick of Soup like everyone seems to be!! I didnt weigh myself yet but everyone else I spoke to has a good weight loss. I have just felt a bit uncomfortable inmy tummy the last couple of days I think maybe the soup I had was too thick. But all is well apart from that. Hope your ok talk toyou soon Clara xxx