Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Alright m8 mabye gary is the best one to answer this one as he is in to the more physical exercise than me.But personaly i would leave it unless you totaly feel healed.

I would be scared incase i fell or twisted and done any damage to my port or my stiches.But its your call if you think you are healed enough.:smile2:

i would agree with bobo, a run or brisk walk is fine but fitty is more stop start, twist turn and possibility of being knocked so i wouls stay well clear, go for a run. I could run but not cycle as the movement hit my port but fre says these things for a reason and unfortunately he is right.

g

OMG garry lol i would die without my make up on and in pajamas lol that would worry me more than the op haha

but if ur anywhere close to leeds when im there love to see ya lol

hahahaha typical chick answer, you will no need makeup as you will be beaut.

gx I will check my diary and locations you never know, whats your dates.

gx

Im there from next fri 17th to the following fri 24th... I defo think il be the roughest of the rough lookin but il make up for it when im healed lol

Flirty - I'll read ur essay tonight when Harrison's gone to bed, it'll be easier that way!! U have done so well and I'm soooo excited for u. A whole new life in less than 12 months, it's incredible. I hope I've done as well this time next year.

Gillian and Big Sis - well done ladies ur doing very well.

Hello everyone else and hope ur OK Freckles x

I'm feeling teary today too! Little Harrison has just started walking, he's been donig a few steps for a month or so but today he walked about 15 steps across the room and he's done it twice more since!! Sad his daddy is away again for another 2 months and missed it :smile2:

Hi to all you old timers on forum. Not posted in a good while now, I wasn't getting restriction after 5 fills, weight loss had stopped and was beginning to feel like Flirty II! I felt quite down and negative about it and so didn't really want to post in that frame of mind. BUT - since Wendy did a 'fluid challenge' on me last month and whacked a load in, I have got it now - AT LONG BLOODY LAST! Went yesterday to see Wonder Woman Wendy and had lost 6lbs in the 4 weeks - now I know that's not the most earth shattering loss at the side of some people but I was well chuffed with that. Even had .2ml taken out to get rid of the drain like 'gurgling' when eating and drinking (embarrassing at work etc!), seems to have done the trick I think. Anyone considering WLS shouldn't think twice, the wonderful Wendy is so caring and determined your band should work properly and safely for you - mention the Sheffield sisters (me and Gillian) if you go, she'll know who you mean!

Glad to see everyone doing well and more newbies on here (welcome to you all) waiting for their dates to come round.

Must give a very special mention to the fantastic Flirty (longest standing forum member?). Can't describe how much in awe I am of your sheer guts and determination to keep battling against all odds even when the band hasn't been helping you. Feel as if us long standing forum members have been through this with you and that you are like part of my family now! You should get some lifetime achievement award or summat. Would love to come and see you in Leeds if at all possible but going to Edinburgh for few days on the Weds following your surgery, will definitely see if we can tho cos would love to see you in the (considerably less) flesh but only as long as you were feeling up to it. Am counting down with you!

Mmm - thank you for your e-mails, appreciate them and you should feel good about losing 1lb when you've been away, not many people can say that when they've been on holiday.

Sammy - you did great too following your holiday, keep it up, you're doing so well. Great to hear of Harrisons progress too, he'll be off to school next thing you know.

Freckles - been thinking about you and your Mum. Hoping she progresses sufficiently for her to come home soon and to have second to none care & attention from you.

Hi Wishfull - you're doing really good, keep up what it is you're doing cos it's working!

Keep losing everyone and take care, Bigsis xx

Ah big sis thanks for such a lovely post but yeah only for this forum id be lost especially when no one really knows i have the band i ramble on here instead but thanks for ur support and if ur about feel free to drop in il be there on my back lol But if i dont get talking to u before then i hope u enjoy ur trip to lovely edinbrugh x

i would agree with bobo, a run or brisk walk is fine but fitty is more stop start, twist turn and possibility of being knocked so i wouls stay well clear, go for a run. I could run but not cycle as the movement hit my port but fre says these things for a reason and unfortunately he is right.

g

hi gary and bobo thanks lads for the advice appreciated....being honest i did think it was a bit risky but i do luv the old fitba..but better safe than sorry as they say and just another week to wait:wink:

been out on my bike this week already and no probs so will probably stick to that or a run round the park and keep myself ticking over for the footy next week!!:smile2:

cheers guys

Ah big sis thanks for such a lovely post but yeah only for this forum id be lost especially when no one really knows i have the band i ramble on here instead but thanks for ur support and if ur about feel free to drop in il be there on my back lol But if i dont get talking to u before then i hope u enjoy ur trip to lovely edinbrugh x

We love you and your ramblings! We are the Flirty Fan Club! In fact, me & Gill want to make you our honorary sister - but that means you get our other sister and Mum in addition - but there's a down side to everything! Will absolutely want to come and see you if at all possible, will research where the hospital is located. Get those tiny vest tops packed you skinny bird! Love & best wishes to you, Bigsis xx

Woo hoo i have 3sisters how lucky would i be im a only child so nothing id love more than to be part of the naughty sister household lol we'd be the new cheeky girls when we'r done lol xXx

Woo hoo i have 3sisters how lucky would i be im a only child so nothing id love more than to be part of the naughty sister household lol we'd be the new cheeky girls when we'r done lol xXx

Think you could well be the naughtiest! We would give you a good run for your money tho, we are competitive when it comes to naughtiness, we all want that coveted title! Off to my bed now, sleep well little sis! Bigsis xx

Flirtylass,

I'm here with you reading on silently. You are an inspiration. I'm getting banded on 12th August and your all I think about to give me such mortivation. Would love to meet up with you sometime after your big op when your back in Ireland - we can compare scars!!! Ha

Ah toppings be great to meet up any time i bet il have the sexiest most attractive scars lol But seriously you'l be grand i hope ur not nervous getting the band cos the op is a sinch and u'l be in and out in no time and then the fun wil start but keep focused and you'l be grand and u always have the back up of this site and everyone is fab and able to answer ur questions and this time next yr hopefully all ur hard work will be done and worth it x

So pleased to hear from you big sister, and that things are now improving for you now that the band is showing you what it can do, its good is'nt it.

I think my band should join your naughty sisters club, caus it just stopped working overnight. But I'm going to sort it out on the weekend.

Little sis Gillian has been keeping us up to date with your fills and progress, and I can tell your both very close, and are tackling this together as a team.

So nice to hear from you Big sis, even though I dont get here much, I have missed you.

Flirtdrawers is the best, we love you girlie xxx

I am finding it hard to understand my new band, its so different from the old faulty one.

I had a 1 ml fill last thursday and still am unabel to eat anything substantial, which is a good thing.

I did something so silly last night, I ate a handful of dry roasted peanuts, and crunched them up to nothing. About half an hour later I drank a small glass of milk.

All of this being about an hour and a half before sleep.< /p>

never again!!!!

I woke up vomiting I didnt even have time to reach the bathroom, I was covered and so was my lovely beige rug in my bedroom.

That done with and cleaned up, tried sleeping again, and woke up again, same thing, then once again. I finally got to sleep about 4am, in my 3rd pair of clean pjs.

I am learning every day just what a functioning band is all about.

You do have to learn how to live with a band when you're at your sweet spot. Actually I think I am a little over-filled, but am loathe to get any taken out in case my weight loss stops.

The most I can eat each day is maybe 5 crackerbreads and a cup a Soup, is this normal?

HOKAY! I finally remembered my password!!!

Thanks to all the people who posted (over a month ago now) about things to eat int he mushy stage - genius! it all worked.

I've been reading quietly (unable to respond) and now I've worked it all out.... even a ticker (I think??)

Congrats flirty - I've been BUSTING to say - YAY YOU girl - you're a massive inspiration!

Thanks to those who recommended WLS -Wendy - what a lovely lovely lady and so thorough and caring, i felt so much more confident coming away fro first WLS appt!

I do have a question! lol... Does anyone know what is considered average? - too much? - not enough weight loss? Say per month??

In my first Dr Chris appt (post surgery) - he told me I had lost too much weight too quickly, with such a straight and harsh face I nearly cried! - i was gutted and felt so much like a school kid bing told off... did anyone else lose "too much"?

nice too see you al and although i'm not viisble always I do try and stop in top read how you all are...

Thanks again for all the info and advice...

niki xxxx

Gonna come back and see if me ticker is ther - if not I will have to ask more help to figure how - useless!?

B*llocks no ticker. - how do you get that up there then??

So nice to hear from you Big sis, even though I dont get here much, I have missed you.

Flirtdrawers is the best, we love you girlie xxx

I am finding it hard to understand my new band, its so different from the old faulty one.

I had a 1 ml fill last thursday and still am unabel to eat anything substantial, which is a good thing.

I did something so silly last night, I ate a handful of dry roasted peanuts, and crunched them up to nothing. About half an hour later I drank a small glass of milk.

All of this being about an hour and a half before sleep.< /p>

never again!!!!

I woke up vomiting I didnt even have time to reach the bathroom, I was covered and so was my lovely beige rug in my bedroom.

That done with and cleaned up, tried sleeping again, and woke up again, same thing, then once again. I finally got to sleep about 4am, in my 3rd pair of clean pjs.

I am learning every day just what a functioning band is all about.

You do have to learn how to live with a band when you're at your sweet spot. Actually I think I am a little over-filled, but am loathe to get any taken out in case my weight loss stops.

The most I can eat each day is maybe 5 crackerbreads and a cup a Soup, is this normal?

Hi Freckles, missed you too. I think it sounds as if you are overfilled. I know what you mean about being scared to have any out in case the loss stops. I was a little too tight when I went on Tues to see Wendy but knew when she advised just the slightest touch out, it was the right advice and she explained the reasons why it wasn't beneficial to be too tight. And it has sorted out the unwanted sound effects I was getting like she said it would but still feeling satisfied with my smaller portions so hopefully will carry on and get another decent loss this month. Wish you could go and see her, she would sort you out! You can't carry on only being able to eat so little, that's not really a good thing. I think I have learned now that you need to be eating smaller size portions regularly from a range of 'good' foods and this helps to keep your metabolism stoked up and burn the weight. I used to think I needed to cut down even more on the amounts I was eating when I hadn't lost much but you sometimes do need to eat more, just of the right things. Well that's my theory anyway and seems to have worked for me this last month.

Take care and I'm keeping fingers crossed your Mum is improving, Bigsis xx