Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi to all bandsters and pre bandsters hope you are winning the fight:smile:

well i am now 11 days post op and everything seems to be so far so good,had my stitches out yesterday and they are looking fine.

i weighed myself today after another week and thankfully i have lost another five pounds so well happy!:)

i now have to change my ticker so can anyone let me know how i go about doing that please??:)

im a bit stooopid!:frown:

Hi to all bandsters and pre bandsters hope you are winning the fight:smile:

well i am now 11 days post op and everything seems to be so far so good,had my stitches out yesterday and they are looking fine.

i weighed myself today after another week and thankfully i have lost another five pounds so well happy!:)

i now have to change my ticker so can anyone let me know how i go about doing that please??:)

im a bit stooopid!:frown:

Try this: click onto the writtenpart that says ticker factor on your last post it should then take you to tickerfactory you will need to enter you pin or password and then you enter the new details in the boxes below, when you have finnished there are boxes at the bottom to proceed/confirm, thants it I think, and the next time you write a post the new details will show up, give it a go . mmmm PS well done you on your great weight loss.

Try this: click onto the writtenpart that says ticker factor on your last post it should then take you to tickerfactory you will need to enter you pin or password and then you enter the new details in the boxes below, when you have finnished there are boxes at the bottom to proceed/confirm, thants it I think, and the next time you write a post the new details will show up, give it a go . mmmm PS well done you on your great weight loss.

hi there, thanks for the advice have given it a go so see what comes up on this post??:)

nope not worked problem seems to be when i add the new signature???dont think im doing it correct any ideas?

Edited by timeisnow

:) well me and big sister went to see wendy today..i lost 8lb(some due to tummy bug!), and big sister lost 6lb..were both really pleased..i didnt have a fill, as i am fine, but bigsister had a tiny drop took out as she was bit tight. were going to join another 6 month programme, as were at the end, and take advantage of the current offer.

:) by the way, wendy told us to warn people about a woman who is doing a "mobile fill" she comes to your house, has no insurance and isnt experienced enough. she says she has buggered some bands up by accidently piercing tubing i think. so beware, and just use a reputable company. I havent heard of her or heard of anyone who uses her anyway. x

Well done gillian, bigsister and timeisnow your weight loss is great.. bad news about that woman doing fills but good that you have had the info to warn others x

Well done timeisnow gillian and big sister great news on the weight loss.I thought at the start that i wanted a stone off every month but i know that is never going to happen.If i get 7 lb off every month like yous girls i will be delighted.The way i look it is all these 7lb lead up to stones and by christmas i will be at my ideal weight.So well done and keep up the good work.:)

Well done to the naughty sisters i have major competition now lol but well done you's are losing steadly every month which is fab... I was in belfast today done a wee bit more shoping all size 10-12 vest tops and trakkie bottoms and one size 14 t shirt i always loved my sports stuff but always had to wear the mens god im so excited and getting more excited by the day i thought id be getting nervous and i spent £90 on my new trainers lol i am good to my self whole new wardrobe cant wait to do that shopping so 11days left...

Well done timeisnow gillian and big sister great news on the weight loss.I thought at the start that i wanted a stone off every month but i know that is never going to happen.If i get 7 lb off every month like yous girls i will be delighted.The way i look it is all these 7lb lead up to stones and by christmas i will be at my ideal weight.So well done and keep up the good work.:)

well thanks alot Bobo,Wishful,Gillian and everyone else for your words re weightloss,much appreciated!:)

still trying to sort oot this ticker thing...doing ma heid in:wink2:

p.s ended up cutting and pasting seems to be ok??

Edited by timeisnow

I am writing to summarize our consultation today when we discussed having a bilateral brachioplasty, a mastopexy and a fleur-de-lys abdominoplasty with liposculpture to any excess areas of fat overthe hips, lateral breasts and flanks.

A short scar brachioplasty involves making a horizontal incision in your axilla, as well as a vertical incision about half way down your arm to be able to both pull up your upper arm skin as well as tigten it cercumferentially. this will be combined with Lipo sculpture to deal with any excess fat and then the excess skin is excised and the wound closed carefully using buried absoroble stutures. the closeure is tight enough to cause swelling of the hands but this is common with this type of brachioplasty and i have to be careful not to injure nerves that supply the inside of the arm and forearm but again great care is taken to avoid this as with any operation it is possible to get problems with bleeding and infection or wound breakdown but all of these are fairly uncommon.

An abdominoplasty involves a lower abdominal incision which is deliberately put within the bikini line the lenth of the scar will depend on the size of the abdomen the wound itself is closed with sutures that are buried and underneath the skin and disolve to minimise the amount of visible scarring however i would stress that the quality of the scar depends very much on how u heal as a individual. Through this incision the entire anterior abdominal wall skin and fat is freed up as far as the rib cage an incision is made around the umbilicus which is left attached to the abdominal wall from which it gets blood suppl. The access that we get to the anterior abdominal wall allows us to carry out what is called a keel repair which is tightning of the abdominal wall using a permanent nylon stuture i several layers rather like putting in a internal corset this can feel extremely tight very much like a corset that cannot be loosened but this does settle a little with time it can make patients feel uncomfortable if they try have a large meal and for that reason it sometimes help if people loose weight.

The abdominal skin is then pulled down and it is usually possible to resurface the entire abdomen using upper abdominal skin such that the lower skin can be removed and disgarded the wound wil then be closed over 2suction drains and these drains remain for 3to6days depending on how much they are draining if the drains are removed too early Fluid can acumulate giving rise to what is called a seroma this is not particularly serious and if a seroma does develop it is usually quiet easy to drain it off in out patients but we do try prevent this by leaving the drains in for long enough even if it means u going home with drains in position

U should expect to get some numbness of the lower abdominal skin which does persist for months but does not appear to be a long term problem as with any operation its possible to get problems with bleeding infection delay in healing especially risk in people who smoke and in the pressence of a great deal of excess fat .

A keel repair can be slightly uncomfortable and it can be 3to4wks before patients can return to work we normally keep patients in bed for the first day after the operation and for this u will have a urinary catheter which wil be removed on day 3 when we get u up and a bout

other risks involve deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolus but every precaution is taken to prevent this using intermittent calf pressure both during and after the operation as well as ted stockings

On u i will be carrying out a fleur de lys abdominoplasty because of ur excess lateral skin so that i can pull ur skin in from the side to give u a rather better waist than u have at the moment and also considerably reduce the amount of excess skin and fat u have in a circumferential direction i have stressed that it is difficult to predict the quality of the vertical scar but i think it wil be very difficult to properly correct ur excess without doing this.

I have talked to u about a breast uplift or mastopexy which will involve tightening up ur existing breast skin without removing any of ur breast tissue this produces a scar around the nipple areola with a scar coming down from this to join a scar underneath the breast so the whole thing looks like a anchor. we do our best to make ur scars as neat as possible using stutures that are buried underneath the skin and disolve but the quality of ur scar wil depend very much on how good u are at forming scars as an individual because we have to take time and gravity into account u will find that initially ur brests are a little bit flat underneath with a slight boxy appearence this is to take account of the fact that they will tend to droop slightly with time and we are trying to give a good long term result

I know u are concerned about being to small afterwards but this is just an operation that tightens the skin and does not in any way decrease the breast volume so its equivalent to wearing rather a supportive bra i have said to u if u feel after that u are too small then it is certainly a straight forward matter without causing any additional scarring to carry out a breast augmentation and this is certainly a much safer and simpler operation to do as a staged procedure rather that doing it at the same time as ur mastopexy

if u have any queries u musnt hesitate to contact me when u come in for ur opreation i will be seeing u before the procedure and will be marking u so u can see where ur scars will be and have some idea of how u will look after

God im tired after that lol

wow flirty...im not surprised!!!..im tired after reading it!..it was very interesting though!..im getting excited for you. sounds great..what he is saying about your boobs looking funny shape after is right..i saw one straight after and they did look wierd and i thought OMG thats not very good, but within months they looked brilliant..so yes, youll see the best results a month or so after and then as the scars and swelling go down they will continue to improve!!.youll look fab!! good luck to you! x

Flirty, that sounds amazing, can you get a tv programme to film and pay for your op, its a total body uplift.

Have you asked the question about if in the future you had children how the skin around the stomach would react to the pregnancy bump, would it still stretch enough with out becoming too thin etc.

I think you are so brave to go through with this all in one go, but if you are willing to accept the pain and incapacity you will have for a time, and can afford the cost of this op, then good luck and my best wishes I will be following your progress as if you were one of my own. Love mmm

Ah thanks gillian and mmm. Mmm i forgot to ask bout children but he did and said being so young i will want to have babies so i think he said hes going to stich me extra tight inside so im not sure il be asking that at my pre op the day before but im sure if there was a problem in that area he would of said its really starting to sink in now i didnt sleep last nite i keep thinking how il feel when he's marking me out and showing where il be cut i think its then i will freak out and cry uncontrolably and actually realise what im doing all last night in bed i was so excited about my new tracksuit bottoms and vest top imagine how sad you'd think it was a wedding dress but at one stage i couldnt fit in mens adidas XXL bottoms and now im in a 12bottoms which fit me now but i wont wear them cos of my hanging belly i near think they could be big after the op but all i can say is anyone struggling with fills or help with the band keep head strong and just remind urself how much u want to be smaller and happier cos thats what i do and damm it has paid off its hard to give up food which can be a comfort at times but food done me no favours except make me paranoid unhappy self concious etc and now i have confidence i feel normal and dont stand out in the crowd and i have the pleasure of buying nice clothes in any shop i like and hopefully after my op il be ten times happier with my shape and to those getting banded if u are anything like me it will be the best thing you will ever do i feel silly now im crying writing this i dont know why lol but the past 10 months have been the best ever and changed my whole life

Oh and gillian dont forget u and gail can come check me out in my sexy ted stockings and lovely bandages if you's want x