Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Oh I feel so much better today, and have had a few sips of coffee too.

Eventually last night I thought I would try to lay on my tummy and after about 5 minutes I had to run to the bathroom where I vomited for England, sorry to be so graphic.

But what a relief it was, I slept like a baby afterwards.

Homecare, I couldnt have sucked on an ice lolly, I couldnt even swallow my own saliva, but thank you for trying to help me sweetheart.

I just wanted to share this episode with you all, this is one of the reasons the docs dont like to put too much in at any one time.

i know how that feels freckles when you cant get saliva down, not nice darlin.

gx

I was pretty scared last night girl I can tell you, I really thought I'd have to go for a de-fill.

Thanx so much Sammy and Wishfull, I will look out for them.

I'll also ask if I'm in Asda first, cos me and Steve looked for them with the crackers and just couldnt see them.

Atm I am eating marmite rice cakes, they seem to be going down ok.

What I can normally eat (did today too) is crackerbreads, much easier than Ryvita to go down hun.

fantastic i have found someoneelse who like marmite rice cakes i think there magic and have been trying to force them on those around me but i get some strange looks.

gx

Morning Garry,

I know it's only day 5 and it'll probably go back on a bit when I start eating again, but I thought I'd just tell you coz I'm cheezin':w00t:.

I've lost a stone !!!!

Congratulations fatduck, thats great news x

freckles i have tried the crackerbread and still find ryvita goes down better, dont ask me how but this band is strange lol x

Shoes i had some of my fill come out and i felt i had less restriction than when i went for my fill x

Hey fatduck the good thing about the band is your weight doesnt go back on, keep to what you should be doing and it will keep coming off x :smile2:

Hey fatduck the good thing about the band is your weight doesnt go back on, keep to what you should be doing and it will keep coming off x :)

Thanks Wishful, thats even better news :smile2:. You know what its normally like, you lose a few lbs, look at food and it's back on again:ohmy: So I hope your right. Thank you for making my day better :thumbup: X

This time 2weeks il be on the table being chopped keep thinking i only have 2weeks left of looking like this im not gona know how to shop for clothes without having to hide my belly think it'l take getting used to god i hope im making the right decision if something goes wrong il never forgive myself

Dont think like that sweetheart, or you'll never get anything done.

You'll be fine and be beautiful, cant wait to see you in all your glory. xxxx

I must have missed where you're getting this done and how much it cost you, I'm soooo jealous.

Im getting it done in spire methley park hospital in leeds with Mr Fenton this day 2wks im getting the lot done so its all im thinking about its costing about £13,000 but im getting alot done for that and hoping iv made right decision in surgeon its just hard to know

Well Lads and Ladies,

I'm back!!

I was banded on 23rd June with Dr Chris and although I didn't have a smooth run of it, i.e. I had bad nausea and was quite ill from the anaesthetic and that barium stuff they make you drink for the x-ray had some "nasty" effects on my bowels shall we say...SORRY!! I'm absolutely fine now. In fact 4 days post op there wasn't a bother on me.

I went back on to mushy solids yesterday for the first time and was indeed delighted that my appetite has reduced by loads!! Please god that will continue until I have my 1st fill.

For any people reading these threads and considering having lap band surgery with Dr Chris I can say hand over heard that the whole set up is very impressive and reassuring. I would recommend him and the hospital in Brussels in a heartbeat. Of course the hotel isn't great- it is more than sufficient for your needs just the rooms are a quite small but really you only sleep in the room so what more do you really want other than a comfy bed (which they do provide).

I brought my sis Emma with me for support and she was a lifeline- helping me with getting dressed post op, chatting to me and calming me down, I would recommend bringing someone with you.

To the other fabulous people I met also getting banded the same day---I hope that you have all recovered well and again thank you soo much for the laughs and the few drinkies that we had on our night before surgery. You are a fantastic group of people and I wish you success with your band.

PS- I went to my GP on the Friday that I got back from surgery for a check up and he was very impressed with the op notes that Dr Chris had provided for him and VERY supportive of my decision- he commented on how brave I was to go ahead with the procedure and how he had another patient who had recently lost 11 STONE wi the band.

Sara xx.

Hi Michelle

c u on the 7th. Where r u stayin? I'm at the Campinile. If ur there it would b nice if we could all meet up for chat on the 6th.

i do not no where i am staying all arranged by by doc fred from clinick , look faward to meating you michelle

:smile2: thankyou everyone for happy birthday wishes!..unfortunatly i had a tummy bug which has passed round the school and family!..so have been unwell for 3 days including my birthday..i didnt eat for two days and still got no appetite today so im taking advantage and hope i lose shed loads when i see wendy on tues!, altho im not having a fill, my restriction is good. i felt ok enough to go out last night ,which had been arranged, we went to 'the comedy club' in town center which is stand up comedians and cheesy disco after, it was good but i was really tired. its amazing how much you have to catch up when you not been online for few days!

:thumbup:welcome to the newbies on the thread!

:thumbup:well done all you who have come back from your banding...your now gonna be big losers too! and good luck (altho you wont need it, your in great hands!) to all the pre bandsters going out this week!

xxxx gillian xxxx

fantastic i have found someoneelse who like marmite rice cakes i think there magic and have been trying to force them on those around me but i get some strange looks.

gx

Marmite rice cakes rock!! I'm trying to get my little one to be a marmite fan as my hubby hates it!! Hahaha! I will win the mission!

BTW - I weighed in today, another 4 kg of since my last fill 2 weeks ago so that's good news. Only 3 kg to go until my 1st mini target of 20kg down. It sounds so much yet I don't feel as if I've lost that much. Don't get me wrong I feel better and can tell I've lost but it doesn't feel like that much!! I guess the next 20kg I'll really be able to tell.

Adagiodiva sorry to hear u had a bit of a bad time. I was ok with the anesthetic but had the same prob's with the barium meal!! :smile2: Good luck with the weight loss x

Hi Gillian - let's hope a few days of sickness has an upside too!! I hope u feel 100% soon, these things really take it out of u especially in this hot weather x

Hi everyone, just got back from my holls in France and there are sooooooo many post to get through, I'll weigh tomorrow to report the damage.

Freckles, thinking of you with the sad news that mum is poorly again.