Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hiya I'm getting banded on the 7th and staying at the campanile hotell too - hope to meet you there gastric band xxxx

Hi everyone, just got back from my holls in France and there are sooooooo many post to get through, I'll weigh tomorrow to report the damage.

Freckles, thinking of you with the sad news that mum is poorly again.

Hi mmm and welcome back! I hope you had a good holiday, you have been missed!

How has the eating gone?

I went away for 2 weeks and didn't put any weight on which I was amazed about as I was losing restriction. Well I say I didn't put any weight on, I lost 4 lb in a month (which my holiday fell in) so I could've put a bit on then lost it but nevertheless I was happy!

Did u manage any french bread? !

Congratulations fatduck, thats great news x

freckles i have tried the crackerbread and still find ryvita goes down better, dont ask me how but this band is strange lol x

Shoes i had some of my fill come out and i felt i had less restriction than when i went for my fill x

Hi Wishfull,not sure whats going on with the band at the mo im going on hols the end of Aug flying to New York its a sevan half hour flight i told Fred he said that he thought i was at my sweet spot now because some of the fill came back he said not to get a fill in Aug because i should have really good restriction and with the flight so long the band can tighten a bit im really confused as what to do started eatting today had two weetibix with milk went down fine do you think i should be able to have this much at this stage,im just very frustrated at the mo its very hard your trying to be so good will power is getting very thin on the ground all tho i hav'nt had any of the wrong food it doe'snt stop you craving it,this is why i was reallying on this fill, sorry for the rant when you get this far with fills apart from the expense you really need the band to start working the way it suppose to be sorry again just feeling a bit down cant help thinking of Flirty who had a lot of fills and still Know restriction sorry to land this on the newbies just being honest we are all differant, so guy's should i go for another fill in Aug so near to my Hols if i dont it will be two months with very little restriction:confused::smile2:

Wishfull did you have a fill after that one,if you had how much did you get in did the same thing happen:smile::)

Hi Freckles, i dont Know weather or not to email Fred i Know Flirty did'nt get anywhere :thumbup:

Hi Flirty,congrat's on booking your surgery we be all rooting for you,cant wait to hear how you get on you be like a modle you deserve it,just a little ? how many fills have you had so far do you have any restriction at the mo, did you get anywhere with Fred :thumbup::smile:

hi Susan I'v been banded by dr Chris Nov 08, the opp was no bother hospital spotless clean I had very little pain slight discomfort in my shoulder because of the wind (painkillers and windeez) cured that. I use weight loss surgery group for my fills because I was left for 9 weeks with nothing in my band because I could'nt get appointment at Edinburgh clinic after being told by dr Chris that I would.Dr Chris is a very good surgeon and looks after you while you are in Belgium

Hi all Im 8days post op and due to get my stitches out on Monday but although everything is great Im a bit concerened about the stingy burning feeling Im still getting when I bend down is this normal. I think its coming from my port incision.? Jx

Hi homecare i think this port area pain is normal, i had it and it was a lot worse if i bent down... dont worry as it will ease as the days passes x

Hi all Im 8days post op and due to get my stitches out on Monday but although everything is great Im a bit concerened about the stingy burning feeling Im still getting when I bend down is this normal. I think its coming from my port incision.? Jx

Hi Homecare, the port site takes a while to heal its normal to have that when you bend down because it is sew to your musle it was discribed to me like a button sew on to a cushion,ive had my band done four months on the 6th of July still have port pain now again if i bend the wrong way or lift anything heavy this all normal:smile:

Hi shoes, i can remember some of my fill coming out but frederik didnt say anything he just wiped it away, like i said i had better restriction before my fill than after.. the month later he put in 1ml as i told him my restriction was awful, depending on your restriction next month it might be worth having 1/2 ml put in x

I get a slight discomfort sometimes at my port I just rub it gently and it goes away. i know a few people who got the stinging at the start and were told that was it healing I did'nt have it but everyone is different,you must keep in mind your only 8 days after surgery. try a hot water bottle my friend did and it helped her

Hi shoes, i can remember some of my fill coming out but frederik didnt say anything he just wiped it away, like i said i had better restriction before my fill than after.. the month later he put in 1ml as i told him my restriction was awful, depending on your restriction next month it might be worth having 1/2 ml put in x

Hi wishfull, thanks see how it goes between now and then how are you getting on yourself, what fill are you up to have you restriction at mo x

I think im up to 6ml,.. i havnt been keeping count lol and i always forget to take my book with me, i will ask him when i next go, My restriction is strange.. i can have good restriction 1 day and not as good the next, there is a lot more food that i cant eat or i struggle with, i tried cheese today and had to bring it back up yet the other day i had a small piece and i was fine with it, i think after my next fill i think ill be at my sweet spot (well i hope) x

I think im up to 6ml,.. i havnt been keeping count lol and i always forget to take my book with me, i will ask him when i next go, My restriction is strange.. i can have good restriction 1 day and not as good the next, there is a lot more food that i cant eat or i struggle with, i tried cheese today and had to bring it back up yet the other day i had a small piece and i was fine with it, i think after my next fill i think ill be at my sweet spot (well i hope) x

I know what you mean it can be very strange from day to day fingers crossed for you for next time x:smile:

Girlies, from past experience the band is strange, it varies from day to day just what you can eat.

Shoes, if you have restriction now, dont bother going for another fill before you fly to NYC, because believe me your band will tighten up on the flight.

I'm so excited for you, I went there 2 months after I had my first band implanted and i'd only had 2 fills, I couldnt eat a damn thing whilst in new York.

The fabulous Chinese takeaways in the shops were so yummy and i couldnt eat any of it.

We went to a great Chinese restaurant in Chinatown and i was outside sort of pbing cos I couldnt face going into the loo, was dreadful. I wasnt very good with my band, I didnt know what to do, just had this rice that I needed to be rid of, and I didnt know how.

And i was like that for the whole week. My friend ate for England lol.

When i got home I had lost almost a stone.

Where are you staying? We stayed in the Pennsylvania Hotel opposite Madison Square Garden.

Thanx Flirtydrawers for that info, OMG £13000, you must be a rich kid!!!

You will be like a model when you're done.

Mmm, have missed you very much, my Mum is ok, they are controlling the internal bleed, thanx for your kindness. They wanted her to have a hysterectomy and i refused, no way would I let her go through so much pain at 94.

They are monitoring her blood count and she will have to have transfusions every few weeks, and she is on hormone tabs, but I wouldnt tell her for the world what is wrong with her. Poor old sausage, she's working hard with her physio so she can come home to me.

Thanks all for quick reply I feel a lot better. Freckles I hope your mum is doing well and will be better soon.

I start mushies today, apart from obvious potatoes turnip, etc any ideas for something tasty. J X

Edited by homecare