Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi fatduck what a nightmare that was for you.. im glad you got it sorted and you are now officially on the losing side.. try and stay on the liquids if you can, you dont want to be stretching your band or doing any damage as you will still be swollen x

Thanx Garry I know thats right, happens to me too.

But I tried to go to sleep at 11pm and its now 12:45 and I cant sleep, feels like I'm choking, I have tried sitting up with pillows, but my port is sore and my chest feels raw.

I cant swallow my own saliva now, but I will have to suffer.

I have used 2 of those anit-inflammatory suppositories too.

I am so tired, lets hope I'll feel better tomorrow, cos I feel really rough.

Thanx Garry I know thats right, happens to me too.

But I tried to go to sleep at 11pm and its now 12:45 and I cant sleep, feels like I'm choking, I have tried sitting up with pillows, but my port is sore and my chest feels raw.

I cant swallow my own saliva now, but I will have to suffer.

I have used 2 of those anit-inflammatory suppositories too.

I am so tired, lets hope I'll feel better tomorrow, cos I feel really rough.

Ah Freckles thats a shame. Have you tried sucking on an Icelolly. Jx

Day 2 post-op & I'm absolutely starving hungry. I understand its liquids for 10 days but I've had to have a slice of bread with my Soup tonight because I'm famished. Does anyone have any ideas how I could overcome the hunger pangs, they're worse than the incision pains :)

Hi there fatduck. Its a week today since I got my band and if Im honest I still dont feel hungry but it still doesnt take the cravings away for different foods. I know its hard but please dont eat bread as Dr. CDB told us a guy he had operated on ended up in hospital a week after his op as he had started eating and had ripped the stomach wall which allowed the food into his body and could have killed him. He had to get the band removed and the hole in his stomach wall stitched. So please try and stick with the liquids or dutch crispbakes if you miss the actual chewing. Good Luck Jx:tongue_smilie:

Hi Flirty I would love you to post your before and after pictures. Good luck and congratulations on your forth coming adventure. Jx

Good Morning, I have just joined this site and find it brill!! I am getting banded on tuesday in brussels by Dr chris. Was wondering if anyone else out there is getting banded then too!! I am going on my own as a friend couldnt get time off last min. If anyone is heading then would be great to hear from you Oh forgot to mention I am coming from Dublin.

Welcome Clara, yes there is someone going to Belgium on 7th July, actually I think there are 2 girls going. If you have a read back a few pages you will see who it is.

Hope all goes smoothly for you hun.

Oh I feel so much better today, and have had a few sips of coffee too.

Eventually last night I thought I would try to lay on my tummy and after about 5 minutes I had to run to the bathroom where I vomited for England, sorry to be so graphic.

But what a relief it was, I slept like a baby afterwards.

Homecare, I couldnt have sucked on an ice lolly, I couldnt even swallow my own saliva, but thank you for trying to help me sweetheart.

I just wanted to share this episode with you all, this is one of the reasons the docs dont like to put too much in at any one time.

Morning freckles, im glad your feeling better this morn x

Welcome to the forum clara, you will find everyone on here really tries to help everyone else.. Im sure you will find someone going the same time as you x

freckles, i am finding that if i eat maybe one spoon to much and the gloop starts backing up then i might as well forget it, ie Water food and everything as nowt goes down, i guess its as my osephegus has been swollen trying to push food throught and just needs a few hours to settle. Now that i have grasped this and the noises and feeling i am getting better.

gx

Morning Gary,

Can you please tell me what you mean by "the noises"? I am totally flummuxed!!

Ta, Westie x

Freckles - only just read ur post. How u feeling? I felt exactly like this a few weeks back and it is scary! It does ease but will prob take a week to feel comfortable (in my experience anyway but hopefully u'll be better soon).

I had this on my 3rd fill (taking me to 6ml in a 7-9ml band). I had a 4th fill just under 2 weeks ago and it's still tight. Not on the same level but I can drink very little until the afternoon which has been bad as it's been so hot. I've ended up forcing 1 litre plus of Fluid down in the evening. I wake up so thirsty but can only drink a small amount, it's been ice lolly's for Breakfast and lunch. My freezer is playing silly buggers though :). I've been trying to eat some fish every night for dinner but have been eating quite a bit of ice cream (still only 800-1000 cals a day though) as yogurts make me wanna hurl and it's just too hot for soup!! I'm coming out the other side now though, it's near perfect restriction.

I've got a new battery for my scales so I will report weight loss tomorrow!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GILLIAN!! :)

Homecare - hope u have a lovely day today x

Hi Clara

Welcome... got ur pm and returned 1 to u . Hope we can meet up,and travel together and help each other through this as I feel it will be so much easier with company, time goes quicker.

(I have also chatted with Lisa gettin op same day as us)

You've taken a weight of my shoulders already !!!

Chat soon

Good Morning, I have just joined this site and find it brill!! I am getting banded on tuesday in brussels by Dr chris. Was wondering if anyone else out there is getting banded then too!! I am going on my own as a friend couldnt get time off last min. If anyone is heading then would be great to hear from you Oh forgot to mention I am coming from Dublin.
i am getting banded on the same day its getting closser, i am travling with other half, hope to se you there michelle