Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi all

I woke this morning my was heart racing !!!

I'm not usually anxious like this,after a second the penny dropped.... Todays the start of my journey :( I leave home tonight about 10.30pm to get aircoach down to Dublin for early morning flight. C u at the airport Clara :) I'm more concerned about falling asleep at airport than anything else, I'll have to squeeze in some zzzz's as I'm not good without my sleep.

Looking forward to meeting Lischa and gastric band. Hope u have a good journey ladies c u there.

ps. Clara txt me please,2 make sure I'm awake. C U SOON !!!!

Hi all

I woke this morning my was heart racing !!!

I'm not usually anxious like this,after a second the penny dropped.... Todays the start of my journey :( I leave home tonight about 10.30pm to get aircoach down to Dublin for early morning flight. C u at the airport Clara :) I'm more concerned about falling asleep at airport than anything else, I'll have to squeeze in some zzzz's as I'm not good without my sleep.

Looking forward to meeting Lischa and gastric band. Hope u have a good journey ladies c u there.

ps. Clara txt me please,2 make sure I'm awake. C U SOON !!!!

Good luck anitahug its exciting eh. Iwill say when I was there last week there was a lot of mosquitos and to say I got bit is an understatement. The rooms have no air conditioning and it was 26deg last week , we opened our windows and hey presto were bitten alive. The beds dont have a top sheet just a quilt so had to either sleep with this on top or the mossies had a field day so take some repellent. Jx ps had some boiled egg mashed in a cup this morning Im in heaven.

i leav to morrow than op on tuesday, i got melts and arnica will i need any thing els , i am so nervers, , if you can think of any thing els i need please tell me , michelle.

hi guys not been on for a while been very busy at work catching up with the extra time i had off as Dr Chris did not want me to do any heavy lifting for 3 weeks well i go for my 1st fill next Monday and cant wait i still cant eat bread or toast cakes or pastry which is a good thing or any meat so i have fish but not prawns which i love and quorn the weight loss has stopped at present which is a bit disheartening but reading your posts it will start again when i get my fills i have also had some kind of a bug all the aches and pain of flu and the high temperature and then the chills for the last 4 days today i am feeling better but its left me so tired i don't want to do anything and if any of you have read my other post Ive been feeling great and i have had so much energy scince my opp so i hope the feeling soon comes back well ill love and leave you and good luck to all going out to be banded xxsuefeexx

Good luck to Anita and girlies going for their bands in the next couple of days, we'll be thinking of you all.

Sammy, I feel so rude for not texting you back, but I am exhausted, I will do it today.

had a phone call this morning from the hospital again to say Mum was taken back to Warrington Hospital because she was shaking and was unresponsive.

Persoanlly i think she's had a TIA, 5 hours on and she still hasnt been seen by a doctor as they are very busy, but she is now responsive thank God.

I've been phoning every hour, I think they're sick of me, but I couldnt face sitting in the hospital for God knows how many hours again. Its like 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I have been hospital visiting almost every day since i had my band implanted.

Its been a nightmare, I dont know how much longer i can go on.

Sorry if i seem to be wallowing in self-pity, I just feel so low atm.

Freckles you poor thing, we're hear to listen. We're your friends x. Don't worry about texting me back, you have enough on ur plate. I just wanted to know that you were OK after ur fill as I know I found it quite scary and uncomfortable when I had a bit too much put in.

I'm actually feeling a bit hungry today so I'm gonna make more of an effort to eat better! Before I was eating in such small quantities it wasn't as important.

All you guys having ur op this week good luck, I'll look forward ot hearing from u on ur return. U'll all be just fine x

BTW - does anyone take anything specific for hairloss as mine is coming out quite a bit. I'm taking Bassetts Soft and Cheey active health plus with Omega 3 (vit A,C,D,E, B2, B5, B6 and Omega 3) but thought there may be something specific for hair in chewable form! I can recommend these vits btw, they go down even with good restriction and they taste nice. I'm normally terrible at taknig anything soluable etc that tastes of medicine!! These taste nice!!

Freckles you poor thing, we're hear to listen. We're your friends x. Don't worry about texting me back, you have enough on ur plate. I just wanted to know that you were OK after ur fill as I know I found it quite scary and uncomfortable when I had a bit too much put in.

I'm actually feeling a bit hungry today so I'm gonna make more of an effort to eat better! Before I was eating in such small quantities it wasn't as important.

All you guys having ur op this week good luck, I'll look forward ot hearing from u on ur return. U'll all be just fine x

BTW - does anyone take anything specific for hairloss as mine is coming out quite a bit. I'm taking Bassetts Soft and Cheey active health plus with Omega 3 (vit A,C,D,E, B2, B5, B6 and Omega 3) but thought there may be something specific for hair in chewable form! I can recommend these vits btw, they go down even with good restriction and they taste nice. I'm normally terrible at taknig anything soluable etc that tastes of medicine!! These taste nice!!

ive been taking some cheap tablets from health shop..holland n barrett...sea kelp. my hairs been fine. also i take Vitamin b drops also from same shop. x

good luck to all who are being banded.my sister came to Belgium with me and would have been bored out of her nut if she had'nt took a portable dvd and some films with her to pass the time as she was at the hotel herself while I was in hospital, I took mine as well but I slept most of the time there is'nt any shops round about the hotel. oh I also took a hot water bottle and windeez for the wind pain it helped me.

Girlies, from past experience the band is strange, it varies from day to day just what you can eat.

Shoes, if you have restriction now, dont bother going for another fill before you fly to NYC, because believe me your band will tighten up on the flight.

I'm so excited for you, I went there 2 months after I had my first band implanted and i'd only had 2 fills, I couldnt eat a damn thing whilst in new York.

The fabulous Chinese takeaways in the shops were so yummy and i couldnt eat any of it.

We went to a great Chinese restaurant in Chinatown and i was outside sort of pbing cos I couldnt face going into the loo, was dreadful. I wasnt very good with my band, I didnt know what to do, just had this rice that I needed to be rid of, and I didnt know how.

And i was like that for the whole week. My friend ate for England lol.

When i got home I had lost almost a stone.

Where are you staying? We stayed in the Pennsylvania Hotel opposite Madison Square Garden.

Hi Freckles dont know what way band is at the mo thought i did.nt have much restriction but today cant eat very much took me an hour to eat my dinner on a side plate so i guess i do have some after all very strange as you say, where going to NYC first time end of Aug bringing my daughter its a surprise for her 18th Birthday cant wait, we are staying in the Rosavelt my brother stayed in the Pen hotel in april he loved NYC im just a bit worried about the flight so long my feet normally swell like balloons so hoping with some weight gone wont be so bad i defo will be giving Aug fill a miss dont want to be to tight after the flight hope i can try some of that yummy chinese,did you like NYC was the shopping good,so sorry to hear about your mum hope shes going to be ok know how you feel my mum goes in and out of hosp all the time i call it a rollacoster you just dont know day to day we just have to take the good with the bad, it can be a terible strain you never stop worrying about them please god your mum's going be ok where all here for you freckles :smile:xx

The best of luck to all you guy's going for surgery this week we will be thinking of you :(

Hi sammy my hair was the same a couple of months back, i doubled up on my chewable mulitivitamins from boots (orange flavour), so instead of taking 1 i was taking 2 and now my hair is back to normal and looking really healthy and shiny, they are worth a try x

Freckles my heart goes out to you, i know how tiring it is to be going back and to to the hospital, my mum was in and out so much over two years, i dont think people realise how tiring it is, i hope your mum will be back home with you soon, your in my thoughts, god bless x

Goodluck to everyone going for there bands this week, try not to worry as you will be in very good hands, i look forward to reading your posts when you get back x

Thank everyone for the wishes of ggod luck. I'm sat here all packed ready for the journey tomorrow. Cant wait. Thanks everyone for the great tips the the whole experience, they have been great help.

Got my windease, mossie repellant, mugs, and nearly all but the kitchen sink - thank goodness we're driving over. Leaving at 8 in the morning with hubby at the wheel :-)

He says if I drive (like miss daisy) we'll never get there!

Ho hum.

Anyway - see you there girlies - and thanks again everyone. Take care

Lisa

xxxxx

Thanks all for quick reply I feel a lot better. Freckles I hope your mum is doing well and will be better soon.

I start mushies today, apart from obvious potatoes turnip, etc any ideas for something tasty. J X

hiya homecare,i had scrambled egg for my lunch today was lovely just made it very runny went down easily!

must admit thought needing a few ideas too on what foods to eat now that i am on mushies??:(

im getting my stitches out too tomorrow!