Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on the 9th , so far so good. I did have a hiatal hernia and some scar tissue that the doctor had to remove from my previous lab bad surgery. I have had a mild fever 100.4-100.7 any thoughts on why I would appreciate. Other than the fever and lack of sleep I am doing well. I do have a call into my surgeon to see what he says!!

Day 1 post op. Im home. Had cream of wheat. coffee. So far so good. Whomever recommended the weighted heat-pad, biggest thank you! No narcotics- gabapentin, tylenol, flexeril work well to control pain.

I recommend buying liquid adult tylenol. They gave me pills and it hurt alot…i asked for liquid tylenol after that. You can find adult liquid tylenol at Amazon if you cannot find in store

My surgery is on Tuesday and I am feeling the nerves seep in a little bit! 😖 Really nervous about the anesthetic!

Good luck on your surgery, that’s the easy part of this journey.

56 minutes ago, Bypass2Freedom said:

My surgery is on Tuesday and I am feeling the nerves seep in a little bit! 😖 Really nervous about the anesthetic!

I started getting anxious as the date got closer. I don’t remember going under. I remember going into the surgery room and that’s it. Then waking up in the recovery room. You got this!!!!

Hi! I had bypass surgery on 5/1. So almost two weeks out.

1. I was nervous about the recovery after. I have three big dogs that love to be all up in my business. A pillow to block my abdomen was my best friend.

2. I overpacked for the hospital. My surgeon only required an overnight stay. But I brought some skincare and a book and a game to play with my husband. Didn’t use any of it lol. Except some lip balm. My lips were crazy dry after the surgery. I brought a heating pad with me. I used it for the gas pain because that stuff travels! It migrated to my shoulders at one point. So painful. Getting up and walking around helped so much. You’re going to be so exhausted after surgery, you’re not going to want to do much but sleep.

3. I’m excited about actually being healthy for the first time in my life. Looking forward to doing things with my family and friends that I previously would have said no to.

17 minutes ago, MNewell said:

Hi! I had bypass surgery on 5/1. So almost two weeks out.

1. I was nervous about the recovery after. I have three big dogs that love to be all up in my business. A pillow to block my abdomen was my best friend.

2. I overpacked for the hospital. My surgeon only required an overnight stay. But I brought some skincare and a book and a game to play with my husband. Didn’t use any of it lol. Except some lip balm. My lips were crazy dry after the surgery. I brought a heating pad with me. I used it for the gas pain because that stuff travels! It migrated to my shoulders at one point. So painful. Getting up and walking around helped so much. You’re going to be so exhausted after surgery, you’re not going to want to do much but sleep.

3. I’m excited about actually being healthy for the first time in my life. Looking forward to doing things with my family and friends that I previously would have said no to.

I got the gastric sleeve 5/1. I heard that I would be tired and wanted to sleep all day, but I haven’t slept in the day, or sleep for long periods of time. Ive been using bands to exercise my arms, and been walking a mile a day.

I can’t wait to introduce more food to my life. Lol So far, I’ve been eating Greek yogurt, broth, Water, popsicles, tuna, and every now and then cream of wheat. One Protein Shake a day. I’m tired of the same flavors. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can’t wait for my incision area to heal. I started getting a rash due to the glue they used.

3 hours ago, JadeMonk80 said:

I started getting anxious as the date got closer. I don’t remember going under. I remember going into the surgery room and that’s it. Then waking up in the recovery room. You got this!!!!

Thank you lovely! I think it is an irrational fear also that the pre-op diet hasn't worked and my liver won't have shrunk enough 😂 Which I know is entirely silly, as the only thing I have 'cheated' and had is an actimel Vitamin yogurt drink worth 74 kcals 😂

Had my surgery on 4/15 then 3 day later I had and infection with 15 count white blood cell, heart racing and temp 104. I was taking the following day for.catscan and was told that i had a cyst or abcess. When i was returned to r[m the Physician told.my hisband they had to do surgery and my.husband asked when and we were told in 45.minutes. I have another surgery within 3 days of the gastric surgery. Part of stomach was left open. Which caused infection. This has been and scary situation for me.and my family. I stayed in hospital for 18 days and was sent home with 3 drainage tubes and PICC LINES.

Not sure why I am have some much saliva which causes me.to spit constantly and want to stop.

1 minute ago, MrsDemps said:

Had my surgery on 4/15 then 3 day later I had and infection with 15 count white blood cell, heart racing and temp 104. I was taking the following day for.catscan and was told that i had a cyst or abcess. When i was returned to r[m the Physician told.my hisband they had to do surgery and my.husband asked when and we were told in 45.minutes. I have another surgery within 3 days of the gastric surgery. Part of stomach was left open. Which caused infection. This has been and scary situation for me.and my family. I stayed in hospital for 18 days and was sent home with 3 drainage tubes and PICC LINES.

Not sure why I am have some much saliva which causes me.to spit constantly and want to stop.

Omg that’s horrible. Sorry you had to go through that. How are you doing now?

I was blessed with an amazing surgeon. He’s known for the surgery, and some folks recommended him, before I knew he would be my surgeon. I’m so grateful everything went well.

Taking it one step at a time. But I am spitting WAY to much it is really bothering me.

Day 2 post op gastric bypass. Staying hydrated and living on yogurt. Now i have diarrhea…so hydration is gonna be tough. On the plus side all the pressure i was feeling is gone. Nurse said i need more Protein and it will help the diarrhea. Anyone else have this issue postop?

I had surgery on the 9th and my biggest issue of the day seems to be itchy incisions. I want to scratch them so bad but I am leaving them alone. I had my best friend drive me to the store and by the time I was done I was exhausted. I gotta remember I just had surgery a few days ago and although I might feel good enough my body went through it.

On 5/12/2024 at 3:34 PM, MrsDemps said:

Infection and anxiety can both cause over production of saliva. I know they can make it stop with Botox, but I can't imagine your body wants more poison in it right now.

Many years ago when I worked with pregnant women, I heard this complaint a lot. Frequent teeth brushing may help, as will slowly sipping Water throughout the day. Sucking on hard candy or sugar free gum was recommended, but we can't do that.

Good luck and I hope it eases soon.

Hello Everyone! Hope those who have had surgery are doing well and those with pending surgery are hanging in there. I was doing well at my 1 week mark until yesterday when I had a near fainting episode. I went to see my PCP and he found that my potassium was low and I was just a little dehydrated, despite drinking constantly! It is probably due to the problem I am having with diarrhea. I started potassium pills and working on hydration, hope I will start feeling less weak. Be aware this can happen, even when on a liquid diet.