Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, Hellojaqs said:

How is everyone doing? I had my first follow up with my Dr yesterday since my surgery on May 9th. I started talking numbers with him finally and it seems insane but he said by the first year I should lose about 100 pounds, well he said within six months to a year. That would put me at my lowest weight in at least I dunno 25 years.

I finally got around to taking some measurements and pictues although I had already lost 63 pounds but at least I will have something to look back on.

As someone who has lost over 180lbs since my surgery (in December) it’s mind blowing. It may not be as fast as that, there is a lot of factors that makes everyone’s body unique. Try to set little realistic goals and try to blow past them. First it 30, then another 20 then more and more and more. Good luck and be sure to follow your doctors post op plan!

Just now, NJ-LV said:

As someone who has lost over 180lbs since my surgery (in December) it’s mind blowing. It may not be as fast as that, there is a lot of factors that makes everyone’s body unique. Try to set little realistic goals and try to blow past them. First it 30, then another 20 then more and more and more. Good luck and be sure to follow your doctors post op plan!

Hi. I am using the Baritastic app which seems to set realistic goals for me to meet and they seem to be like 10-20 pound increments. I have spent the better part of 20 years above 280 pounds. My heighest weight was 412 in January of 2017. I was able to lose 100 pounds on my own over a 2 year span but I would yo-yo that 100 pounds for the past 5ish years. So my recent high weight was 393 in august of 2023, and first surgeon visit was 373, november 28th, and my surgery date of may 9th I was 334. So I do see the light but I think you are right on setting realistic goals. I think I need to make me a reward system for sticking to the plan, new clothes, new hair, new tattoo, etc. As I progress further on this journey.

Hello everyone, I am scheduled for surgery May 29th, I am super excited and nervous at the same time.

Just over 2 weeks since my sleeve surgery. On pureed diet now. Things seem to be going really well. My energy levels are building back up and I have no pain at all, except for my normal joint pain. Incisions almost totally healed. I am tolerating 1/2 cup food at each meal. Loving cream of wheat and refried Beans. Also love my popsicles. Is everyone who has had their surgery doing well with diet advancing? Good luck to those of you still awaiting surgery. It will be over before you know it and you will be on your way to a new and healthy life.

05/23/2024 12:13 AM, SandyT said:

Just over 2 weeks since my sleeve surgery. On pureed diet now. Things seem to be going really well. My energy levels are building back up and I have no pain at all, except for my normal joint pain. Incisions almost totally healed. I am tolerating 1/2 cup food at each meal. Loving cream of wheat and refried Beans. Also love my popsicles. Is everyone who has had their surgery doing well with diet advancing? Good luck to those of you still awaiting surgery. It will be over before you know it and you will be on your way to a new and healthy life.

I am also 2 weeks but gast bypass. I tolerate almost a cup 2-3x a day. But when i try adding in something new (i pureed som ground beef added to my cottage cheese) overnight i get an awful pit in my stomach and toss and turn all night. Then i have a few morning BMs and feel better. So the following day i do cottage cheese shakes pudding and i seem to do ok. Down 20lbs since surgery but have not lost any weight in 3 days.   

I havent tried popcicles. My husband did buy them. Maybe ill test thrm today!

Hi All

I hope you are all doing well.

I had my bypass on the 16th. I had a few complications after surgery and ended up staying a bit longer in the hospital than planned. Feel I'm doing ok since I'm home, but a bit anxious. My hospital only does a liquid diet on the day of surgery and they start the puree diet on day one post-op. I'm planning on starting my soft diet in the next day or two.

One thing I'm finding hard is trying to fit 3 meals, 2-3 Snacks and required Water into my waking day. I'm also really cold.

Anyone else having these issues.

Surgery was on May 1. Deep into the puree diet. 2 Protein Shakes a day and I mix up the meals with scrambled eggs, zero sugar yogurt, tuna fish, chicken salad, broth, cream Soups, refried Beans. Anywhere from a 1/4 to 1/2 cup, I'm learning how to listen to my body and when I feel full. Going back to work the first week of June.

Hydration is still a chore but if I focus I can keep the right amount flowing. Once or twice I've had an urge to nap after my noon meal but no pain, nausea or anything like that. Feeling great!

Hello, I had surgery on 05/20, so just about a week out. Surgery went well, but Hospital stay was horrible as I was in so much pain and couldn’t even fathom drinking Water.

First day home was rough. The Protein Shake grossed me out and I struggled to get enough water. Not meeting the Fluid goal, I think I’m averaging 40-50 oz per day but it is a struggle.

it’s been 8 days, and I’m getting stronger everyday. I’m so surprised at how tired I am after showering and walking. I’m dreaming of pureed foods though.

incisions are doing good, so far no issues with nausea but I wake up with heartburn.

Down 26 lbs total. 20 from liver diet and 6 post op.

I had my gastric bypass surgery on 5/20. I have so much Water retention! I'm up 20lbs from my pre-op weight, thighs and hips have gained several inches. I almost took one of my old diuretic pills until I read a thread on here. Anyone else having tons of edema?

I am 6 days post op and down 15 pounds!! I feel great, just sore when I turn or bend a certain way. Getting excited for Protein Drinks starting Thursday.

Had my Sadi yesterday morning. All went well according to the surgeon. Rough night trying to get sleep at the hospital. Only slept 1.5 hours (too many people coming into my room. But I see it as my push to get up and walk the halls all night.

Hw: 400

preop: 295

SW: 284

On 04/01/2024 at 23:42, Bypass2Freedom said:

Wasn't sure if now was the best time to make this, but I see others making this kind of thread the month before their surgery date so I thought why not!

It feels surreal even saying I am having surgery next month!

Mine is booked on for 14/05/24 - who else will be having theirs in May?

A few questions just to get us started:

1) Are you nervous about anything? If so, what? - just in the hope that any veterans can give advice or if we can help each other. Anxiety is normal! :)

2) What have you prepared/plan to prepare for your hospital bag?

3) What are you most excited about? :)

I look forward to hearing from you all ❤️

1) Was nervous about the soreness, was very manageable.

2) My thick comfy PJ’s and noise-cancelling headphone were CRITICAL! The person I shared a room with talked (screamed) in his sleep non-stop. Chapstick, phone/watch charger, comfy walking shoes.

3) Having energy and practicing self-discipline.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I had my surgery on 5/15/24, I had a hiatal hernia repair with the Gastro bypass and some scar tissue removal. after surgery, I was a little low on Iron but walked right away, which helped with the gas pains. I completed the Fluid challenge and was released to go home. At the hospital, I brought my purple folder to read over my recovery expectations a book phone a long phone charger, light robe, my comfy pillow from home, blanket, slippers, and chapstick was the main items I use for my hospital stay. I was very thankful for the nausea medicine that helped me through the beginning stages of healing. The recommendation of sugar-free Popsicles were a delightful change. I am now getting stronger and in the third week of a full liquid diet with Vitamins, getting ready to merge into my purée diet on June, 5. I noticed walking helps me a lot and then a rest after and drinking a lot of fluids helps me with bowel movements. I pray you all have successful journey in your new lives.

God bless,

Brandi

Edited by Brandi S.