Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning everyone

Pamela. My aunt from Pasadena always comes out to visit me, I'm in upstate NY, but her last trip a few weeks ago she brought her hubby, She is a director at a college and he is a respetory therapist, so she comes to visit my gram and us for short but frequent trips because she can and he usually cannot due to line of work. Anyway, when they were just here they left here, went to Niagara Falls, Via the scenic route, then to Canada, then back to New Hampshire and then back here. She has done a few road trips over the last couple years. If you are interested in something like that (they left sat am and got back to my house Wed am) I would be more than happy to ask her some of the thing/routes she took.

Judy - I have come to realize it is all about family, so having a bbq with familay sounds very nice.. Congrats on 38 years!

I'm leaving next Tuesday for Portland..MAINE and Bar Harbor!!! We LOVE the Maine coast. Can't wait to nibble on some LOBSTA!

And it COOL!! Not like this Texas heat!

You look great, plus a beautiful smile. Doing a happy dance. I think all of the Violets are doing great and look absolutely MAVALOUS!

Great Success!

Good Morning, My name is Amanda and I live in Olive Branch, MS but work in Memphis, TN. I was banded on April 10 and I have lost 32 pounds. I have had two fills and I am feeling pretty comfortable with my fill level now. I am looking for a new "support home" I have been on another message board primarily but the drama over there is really getting in the way of support. I have two kids so going to my DR's support groups is very difficult. So I get most of my support online. I have been reading a lot of your posts and have been so inspired. It is also nice to know that I am not the only one who slips up once in a while. Anyway, I just thought I would introduce myself I will post some pictures soon.

Amanda

Hey Violets~

Judy...Congrats on 38 years. My dad and stepmom were married 30 years last year. I had so much fun planning the party, etc. It is wonderful, you are an inspiration to me. Enjoy your celebrations!!

Welcome Amanda, please jump in anytime. This thread is really something special.

Amanda -

Pamela couldn't have said it better... this is something special here.

WELCOME

Welcome AMANDA! We'd love to have you join us here. Terri, you look great! You are on top of the world! It looks wonderful there. We're also headed to vacation soon...In July we are going to Isla Navidad. I'm so excited! Pamela, some friends and I went to Sunscape Puerto Aventuras in the Mayan Riviera during Spring break and it was so much fun. I don't know how hot it is right now but it was too cool to go swimming in March.

Hello VIOLETS! I'm back from my business trip to San Diego. It's so beautiful there this time of year. I did not enjoy arriving to thunderstorms, heat and 100% humidity here in Houston... Doing good so far on my "diet". I have no restriction so until my next fill I am "dieting". Sucks. I am scheduled for my next fill on the 30th. My fill doctor only does fills on Saturdays. I wanted to go this weekend but I have a wedding in Mexico to attend. We'll be leaving Friday after work and returning Sunday afternoon. I haven't been excercising much this month so my weight hasn't come down at all. At all all. I've been at 269 for about three weeks now. I get frustrated each time I get on the scale so for now it's been banished to the garage. I've read from all of ya'll that the 2nd fill gives you more restriction. I hope so. And this time I won't get all excited during the first week. That restriction faded fast...

Back to work now... Bye Violets!

Hi Violets!

Long time, no post! Sorry!

Here's the scoop: I feel like I'm a failure! There, I said it!

And when I feel that way, I stay away from the board & reading about everyone else who's doing great. I realize that that is the exact opposite of what I should be doing... when I'm down I need the board even more! And yet that is what I do. I'm a nut!

Why do I feel like a failure? Because I can -- and DO -- eat ANYTHING! True, most of the time it is about 1/2 of what I would've eaten previously, but still... not good. Too much. I have gained back 7 lbs, up from 288 to 295. I can gulp, don't have to chew, can eat bread/grains, you name it. Only one food item has given me the "lump in my chest" feeling, and that was Chinese chicken w/pork fried rice, so I don't know if it was the chix or the rice. It wasn't painful but I did stop eating at that point.

I go for my 3-wk follow-up w/my doc on Friday. I hope to schedule my first fill. I have an appointment w/my nutritionist next Weds. I REALLY need to see her!

Otherwise, I'm trying to "diet" and it's not going well. I am frustrated and cranky -- always a lovely combination.

I am doing one thing right -- I am walking every day! This a.m. a friend called me to walk together (she's a skinnie minnie & very fit) and she kicked my butt! We walked 2x as far as I usually do, at a faster pace. But I kept up! So now I know I can do the longer route, and I'll do it on my own. So that is my one good thing. I'm also going to take a summer Y class, but don't know which one. Any opinions? The choices are: Adult Jazz & Hip Hop class 1x/wk; "Go/Lo" class, which is a lo-impact class1x/wk; or Aqua Pilates; or Water exercise. <shrug>

I am (trying... & so far succeeding) to stick to a liquid diet plan today - Fri to try to jumpstart some loss for Friday's doc visit.

I know, I'm Debbie Downer. Sorry!

Don't be discouraged. You are in the hardest stage. It gets so much easier. Right now you have -0- restriction. I wasn't allowed solid foods until 3 weeks out but once I got there I could eat any and everything. It was really hard until I got that first fill and I was totally eating things I shouldn't have been eating. Hang in there!

I do Water aerobics and water pilates and I love them both. Let me warn you, the first time I did water pilates I thought "Well, that wasn't a workout" then I woke up the next morning and I thought my stomach muscles were going to fall out on the floor. I couldn't believe it. I can really tell a difference in them since I started. I am now doing 110 pounds on the ab machine at the gym. I have found that alot of the regular aerobics classes are still a little hard for me, my knees and ankles really hurt after. I am hoping that with my weight loss it will get easier. I have taken a Salsa class at the Y that I really liked.

Michelle.

say the word and I'll do liquids with you for the next couple days. Want to make it a competition?

HUGS

Good afternoon (evening, whatever) Violets!

Welcome Amanda...I also second what Pamela said...this is a special place :D

Haydee-welcome back to hot humid Houston. UGH...it is horrible here. I hate summers in Texas, which by the way, seem to last all flippin year!!

Judy....38 years with the same man...you are my hero :( congrats!

Michelle-we share our successes and failures together. I am sure that by now you know that. Don't be blue...everything is going to come up roses (or should I say Violets?)

Pamela-have you made any decisions on the vacation yet?

Everyone have a great evening!

I just had my first non stop eating moment and I feel like CRAP. I had chinese for dinner, chicken and eggplant, my fav. I ate about 1/3 cup chicken and a full 1 1/2 cup eggplant. oh and 1 steamed dumpling, which i ended up not eating the shell, too rich.

i am over stuffed and hope I did not do perm damage to myself.

OK now i need a fill

Jenn - I'm kind of on the same roll for the last two days. I'm going to call about another fill (my 3rd). I'm feeling less restriction and more hunger. You're still eating less food than I am, though...and you're still losing, arent you? So why fill?

Hey, I have a question for you girls....

What food (meal) do you find keeps you full the longest? For me it's tuna salad. I like the sweet & spicy Star Kist, mixed with a little mayo and pickles. I can only eat about 1/4 c. and it keeps me full for 3 hours. (Note to self: buy tuna!)

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my pic. I don't feel so beautiful, but the scenery sure is!

Mdrai- don't go there, girl! It's not time for you to be beating yourself up yet!! Take it one day at a time. Make good choices.

Haydee -- Good to see you! How are things with the dbf?

Is anyone else able to get onto www.thedailyplate.com? It's been down all day for me! Frustrating!

Terri

Maybe it is just the day or couple days, I could just eat and eat. I hate feeling out of control. I feel like I'm eating out of control. I am just about to have a bowl of ice cream. Maybe I need to do the Protein Shake thing for a couple of days to remind myself I don't need to eat so much. The humidity dropped today and it was a perfect day. I almost like the hot humid temps, because I don't feel like eating.

I am going to resot to getting some sugar free jelly bellies. I am so sick of not pooping I can't stand myself.

I like tuna too, I eat a ton of it. and turkey burgers.

Terri

Maybe it is just the day or couple days, I could just eat and eat. I hate feeling out of control. I feel like I'm eating out of control. I am just about to have a bowl of ice cream. Maybe I need to do the Protein Shake thing for a couple of days to remind myself I don't need to eat so much. The humidity dropped today and it was a perfect day. I almost like the hot humid temps, because I don't feel like eating.

I am going to resot to getting some sugar free jelly bellies. I am so sick of not pooping I can't stand myself.

I like tuna too, I eat a ton of it. and turkey burgers.

Have you tried eating Cereal for your irregularity? I had the same problem until I got back on my pre-surgery routine of organic low-fat granola. I have 1/2 cup of granola and 1/4 1% milk each day and it works great.