Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Well, I started taking Fiber 4 or 5 days ago, I've been eating healthier (than I was last week, making sure my calories aren't too high), and working out past 2 days.. and scale is sticking to 302-301lbs.

I'm frustrated. Where'd my twoterville go? ;)

Ok ladies. ....

So ... I just spent the am in the bathroom. I have not had fibersure in 3 days, it was not working, but.... here is a question... does anyone know if crystal light has sugar alcohol?

The only thing I have done different 2 times, the 1st being when i started fibersure, and the 2nd being yesterday afternoon because I ust got more was drinking tons of crystal light rasp green tea to go packs. And when I say tons, I am talking about 80oz a day.

I couldn't even eat more than a few bites of my eggs this am because i felt like i was going to die, and had a green tea on my way out this am.

I know... TMI.... but I don't understand why i'm not working right!

off to lie in the sun, mower is dead as a doornail!

Ok ladies. ....

So ... I just spent the am in the bathroom. I have not had fibersure in 3 days, it was not working, but.... here is a question... does anyone know if crystal light has sugar alcohol?

The only thing I have done different 2 times, the 1st being when i started fibersure, and the 2nd being yesterday afternoon because I ust got more was drinking tons of crystal light rasp green tea to go packs. And when I say tons, I am talking about 80oz a day.

I couldn't even eat more than a few bites of my eggs this am because i felt like i was going to die, and had a green tea on my way out this am.

I know... TMI.... but I don't understand why i'm not working right!

off to lie in the sun, mower is dead as a doornail!

sorry guys puter is freaking out

sorry guys puter is freaking out

Its not just you Jenn....so since we both had problems, must be the website?

Things are really screwy...who knows....maybe this post will not even show.

Sorry for the double posts everyone...I am truly not trying to be a thread hog

Dear All,

I wanted to say a big HELLO to you all again, I'm sorry Ive not logged on for weeks and weeks now. To be truthful I felt embarrased because my band had not been working since I had a fill (5 weeks ago). I was actually eating more, it was weird! I felt a failure too, and started to go down hill to be honest, eating more, drinking red wine again, not exercise etc...all the things which I did before the band.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I went back to see my consultant today, hes put another 2mls in my band, so I now have 6mls in (10ml band) he 1st put 1.5ml top up in but it didnt make any difference so he put more in. Ive got to phone him back again next Wednesday to let his secretary know. Fingers crossed....:paranoid this time.

I'm so pleased you are all doing so well, and you've all stuck together, I need to keep coming on this site as you are all so helpful and encouraging ;)

I'm away 50% of the week now working away from home, next week Im only at home in the week Monday & Friday! Ive got to try and sort out an exercise regime, kity, you sound like your really enjoying the gym now which is great.

Also, I passed my exams (which were in May) all 6 papers to my relife!

Take care all,

Love Sara xx

Sara!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking about you this morning...swear! I was gonna pm you, but thought, "I wonder if she is even on here checking?" Anyway, it is great to hear from you.

I can speak on behalf of the violets...we all have failed at this from time to time...but we are all still on the right path. I didn't workout this morning...so today, I am really feeling fat. I did yesterday, and felt great all day, and even wore my bathing suit and shorts at the party yesterday. Point is...we all go up and down. Sister, you are among friends here. Hell, I had 6 shots of tequilla, 1 margarita, and 5 ciggy's on Tuesday. I really felt like shit about myself. But then I was back "on" a few days later. Please keep coming back from time to time (when you are able) and stay w/ us.

I know Terry and Tracy are gonna be excited to see your post! And so many more violets too. You really have been missed.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Hey there...just checking in...I. like Sara have been off for weeks...I check in every once-in-a-while to make sure everyone is okay, but I don't take the time to post...I guess I'm actually "stalking."

Well, I had my first fill and it seems to have gone fine. I have had a TON of stress in my life the last week and it got to the point that I was too tight to eat until dinner time...if I ate ANYTHING - even ice cream - I would PB. That went on for 6 1/2 days and has finally settled down as of yesterday - the weight I lost during that time seems to have stayed off, though. WOOO HOOO!!!

I guess I don't really have too much to offer right now. Just wanted to say hello! Hope you all have a great week!

WOW I ate WAY too much today. 1625 calories! ARGHHHHHH!!! It must be that time of the month for me (although I had a hysterectomy last year so I wouldn't know for sure, but it sure feels like it!). I'm HUNGRY, I'm craving everything, and because I CAN, I'm eating everything!!!! Just as I get down to 233 after a week of not losing a pound, and now I go and ruin it for myself. Ok pity party over, tomorrow is a new day.

I hope everyone else is doing great! Tracy where is our picture???? My hair is falling out everytime I brush it. It's dry, it's brittle, and it's thinning. I've always had pretty healthy hair, now it's icky. I get enough Protein in a day and I take my Vitamins. Hopefully that gets better soon!!!

Are you eating too much fish? There are several types of fish that have low levels of mercury in them. If you eat them too often, your hair can start falling out. Just a thought...

You're looking great! Keep up the good work!

Ok ladies. ....

Hi Jennifur:

I drink lots of crystal light (64 oz - 96 oz daily) - Raspberry Green Tea - and no I don't have the BM problems. But if I do eat the low carb candies - I do have issues - so I believe the answer is "no".

I have noticed that when I haven't eatten solid foods for a while and I go shopping or doing phyiscal things- that about 2-3 hours I do have BM issues as well -- so I think it is just my body reacting to the inconsistancy of food I put into it.

Laura - I said earlier your pictures you posted, weight loss and exercising was spurring me to start exercising -- so today I did it!!!!!!! Thanks for posting.

Be safe and hope everyone has Happy Father's Day celebrations!

Gina

Laura~ You totally rock violet sista!!!!!!!!!! Good for you on your weight loss success and good for you on you posting your pix. You can see big changes!!

It is good to see lots of "old timers" popping back in. Once a violet, always a violet!

I just got home from a date night w/ my brother and 3 year old nephew. I had a popcorn and hot dog. Not bad but 1 sip of brothers coke, and I thought I was gonna die. I did not like that one bit. I have not had any carbonation since March...gonna stick to Crystal Light.

Took today off, but I am back at the gym in the am. Now that I've posted it, I have to go, lol. Have a great night!

Christy & Sara, it is so good to see y'all again---we been a wondering!!!!

Well the news I have to share on the hair issue is not pretty....on a good note, though it is not permanent (no pun intended Tracy!) I began losing hair about 4-5 months out from surgery, and continued losing hair, at what was an alarming rate to me for several months. I was getting proper Protein, so that was not an issue. I have never eliminated anything from my diet, so I don't think it was lack of fats....I tried the Biotin, and it made no difference. I ended up with very thin hair, and a very wide part. I could see the shape of my scalp through the hair on top of my head. I don't know if the fact I have completely lost my hair before due to chemo, made mine more succeptible maybe....but it was getting to a poiunt I was looking at wigs on line....and it quit! It did not stop until I was close to a year out though. I almost burned up the vaccuum....from hair being wrapped around the beater bar. My hair too is fairly long. I was constantly cleaning out the tub drain. It was scary, and upsetting! But I now have new hair---it is abut an inch and a half in the new sections. With it being summer, I wear it up a lot anyway so it won't show so bad, the little short frizzies!!! Then next fall I'll likely cut it, to make it blend better. Relax if you can, it happens to some of us, others say they had no loss at all. I think stress only makes it worse----and I stressed over it! I repeat, it is not forever, it gets better......promise!!!

Well we have all the kids coming tomorrow for a cook out---love the kids coming, and the parents, could do without all the siblings, and their kids, they come and eat and take off, leaving us with the mess. His niece will show up with the bag of chips she always brings (and money is not an issue) and she will have her 2 teenage sons, one of their girlfriends, her daughter, a girl she provides care for, the current boyfriend, aka as the prospective next husband ----#4 or 5. They will be first in line to eat, and first to take off. Never helping prepare or clean up. But she was trained well, her Mom, my SIL does that as well...... There is just no way around having them though, My MIL invites EVERYONE whether we want them or not!

Laura, the difference in your pictures is great----just look at your upper back, it has changed so much as well!!!! Good job girl!!! And Christy---you have lost almost 50 pounds!!! WooooHoooo!!!

Sara, sometimes it takes awhile to get the the right spot. I started out losing great, and did good for months, my SIL who was banded at the same time, didn't do too well at first, and about the time I stalled out, she jumped up and the weight began falling off, now a year out, we are at about the same loss!!! We are both nearing the 100 pound mark....do not be discouraged....we all do differently. Glad you girls come back!!! Christy, hows the girlie problems going??? I am driving a friend to the hospital next week for her to have a hysterectomy done, and she is so scared....

Well I am off to bed, Rick just finished in the shower, he is doing great!!! Will talk to you all soon!!!

Kat

Dear All,

Aw thank you Pam and Kat. I promise your gonna see a lot more posts from me, I need the groups support more than ever to keep me on track ;)

I must admit, without you guys I just didnt keep focused at all, I even gave up on keeping a food diary the lot....still, its a fresh start as of yesterday, and after having 4 injections (2 locals, and 2 fills 30 mins in succesion) from the doctor, and the dietician telling me my muscle % had gone down....I need all the focus and support I can get!

Changing the subject, my friend told me about e-bay, shes an addict, anyway I checked out the jewlery section, and looked up links of London (where I my charm Bracelet is from & charms) well blow me down with a feather, I can get charms for 1/4 of the price on there! So Im going to keep my eye out on them on e-bay, I may order one (as I am a bit sceptical that it may not be genuin) see what its like, and get a jewller to see that it is silver etc as it says, because for £8 instead of £40-50 is a big difference dont you think? Thought Id share that with you to look for cheaper charms or beads (like the angel one that teach got).

It feels real good to be back :)

Love Sara xx

Dear All,

Aw thank you Pam and Kat. I promise your gonna see a lot more posts from me, I need the groups support more than ever to keep me on track ;)

I must admit, without you guys I just didnt keep focused at all, I even gave up on keeping a food diary the lot....still, its a fresh start as of yesterday, and after having 4 injections (2 locals, and 2 fills 30 mins in succesion) from the doctor, and the dietician telling me my muscle % had gone down....I need all the focus and support I can get!

Changing the subject, my friend told me about e-bay, shes an addict, anyway I checked out the jewlery section, and looked up links of London (where I my charm Bracelet is from & charms) well blow me down with a feather, I can get charms for 1/4 of the price on there! So Im going to keep my eye out on them on e-bay, I may order one (as I am a bit sceptical that it may not be genuin) see what its like, and get a jewller to see that it is silver etc as it says, because for £8 instead of £40-50 is a big difference dont you think? Thought Id share that with you to look for cheaper charms or beads (like the angel one that teach got).

Love Sara xx

Morning everyone!

and Happy Father's day, yes, I am telling all you ladies, I do the work of both so I like to wish everyone hppy fathers day

Sara - so nice to have you back, we missed you

Hair loss - I have lots of hair loss, I don't know what is normal and what is not because I'm always loosing tons. It goes in spells and always has, but this week is a spell. I loose so much and most of it seems to be from underneath. how can i tell? I have brown on top and a layer of true black underneath, and everything that seems to fall out is black.

I hope that doesn't get much worse, it already is making me slighly crazy.

Dear All,

Love Sara xx

Morning everyone!

and Happy Father's day, yes, I am telling all you ladies, I do the work of both so I like to wish everyone hppy fathers day

Sara - so nice to have you back, we missed you

Hair loss - I have lots of hair loss, I don't know what is normal and what is not because I'm always loosing tons. It goes in spells and always has, but this week is a spell. I loose so much and most of it seems to be from underneath. how can i tell? I have brown on top and a layer of true black underneath, and everything that seems to fall out is black.

I hope that doesn't get much worse, it already is making me slighly crazy.