Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

SHRINK'N VIOLETS

Hello all... I'm Tracy and I'm starting this thread because I just found out that I'm scheduled for Surgery on April 26, 2007.

fffffffffffffffffffast forward to April 30, 2007

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

We made it to the other side of bandland and now we are set to support one another while we shrink our booties and grow into our new smaller skins.

All are welcome to join in and post, but we are not a group that bickers..... please be supportive as we all have different paths to follow... but the journies to the more healthy self beckons....

Let the losing begin!!!!!!!!!!!

April 2007 List as of 05/07

:) AmwLady - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Maizemommy - 04/02

:thumbs_up:SFeliz001 - 04/02

:thumbs_up:CJulzGO - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Sara Mos - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Adumont75 - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Darla - 04/02 (mother to Panda)

:thumbs_up:Panda - 04/02 (daughter to Darla)

:thumbs_up:SienaK45 - 04/02

:thumbs_up:Squale(Pat) - 04/03

:thumbs_up:Kity - 04/03

:thumbs_up:Sparkette(donna) -04/03

:D Jennifer - 04/03

:D RVingDi - 04/03

:thumbs_up:TerriDoodle - 04/04

:thumbs_up:TexasP - 04/04

:thumbs_up:SkinnySomeday -04/04

:thumbs_up:Wannabethin - 04/04

:thumbs_up:ShineOn - 04/04

:thumbs_up:LJWILGeNHOF - 04/04

:thumbs_up:OnlyMe - 04/05

:thumbs_up:BandedMe - 04/05

:thumbs_up:DaveinToronto - 04/05

:thumbs_up:Cred - 04/05

:thumbs_up:AlexR - 04/05

:thumbs_up:gr8ful gal - 04/05 (also her BDay) :D

:thumbs_up:HouseHuntress - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Day3447 - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Cmarie - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Gr8 (GINA) - 04/09

:thumbs_up:Chica Chula - 04/09

:thumbs_up:MsPruett - 04/09

:thumbs_up: BigAsLife (Di)- 04/09

:thumbs_up: Tekymom- 04/09

:thumbs_up:TeachLady (Judy) - 4/10

:thumbs_up:Vlander - 4/10

:thumbs_up: TracyTX - 04/11

:thumbs_up:ElizaJo - 04/11

:thumbs_up:Bubbles - 04/11

:thumbs_up:Bwaydiva - 04/11

:thumbs_up:KCQ -04/11

:thumbs_up: MaltoMeel-04/11

:thumbs_up:TinyBelle - 04/12

:thumbs_up:StaceyLynn - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Lucy22884 - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Horns10 - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Ihomeschool4 (Christy) - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Ross (husband to Christy) - 04/12

:thumbs_up:Tater Bug - 04/13

:thumbs_up:MS_Jen - 04/13

:thumbs_up:ChicaChula - 04/13

:thumbs_up:Collector - 04/13

:thumbs_up: WarpedPegasus- 04/14

:thumbs_up: ShirleyBee- 04/14

:thumbs_up:ARD - 04/16

:thumbs_up:PsWashburn (Phil) - 04/16

:thumbs_up:DynamoMini (Michelle) - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Margi - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Jennifur - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Lunasa - 04/16

:thumbs_up:SchexyMomma - 04/16

:thumbs_up:Laura23 - 04/16

:thumbs_up:JanieBug - 04/17

:thumbs_up:LapDancer - 04/17

:thumbs_up:Keluliana - 04/17

:thumbs_up:Tigeriffic - 04/17

:thumbs_up:Angie - 04/18

:thumbs_up:pinkybar (ellen) - 04/18

:thumbs_up:Jullee71 - 04/18

:thumbs_up:FloridaGirl - 04/19

:thumbs_up:AREELlady - 04/19

:thumbs_up: Michelle731- 04/19

:thumbs_up:Katschai - 04/20

:thumbs_up:NWJenny - 04/20

:thumbs_up:Sherri - 04/23

:thumbs_up:GonnaBeFree(Tammy) - 04/24

:thumbs_up: Galati25- 04/24

:thumbs_up: Actg1rl- 04/25

:thumbs_up:LauraleeD - 04/26

:thumbs_up:Brennens - 04/26

:thumbs_up:BeckyNtN - 04/26

:thumbs_up:JDarnwest - 04/26

:thumbs_up:Flax - 04/26

:thumbs_up:Adorable(Denise) - 04/26

:thumbs_up:TracyinKS -04/26 ;)

:thumbs_up:Kathy - 04/27

:thumbs_up:NBJen - 04/27

:thumbs_up: Jenn- 04/27

:thumbs_up:Rachel675 - 4/28

:thumbs_up: Wolfmaydn- 4/30

:thumbs_up: Drekagirl1976- 4/30

:thumbs_up: AnnieMac- 4/30

:biggrin1: MICHELLE (MDRI) - MAY 29th

:biggrin1: Mary (MEW) - May 23rd

Tracey...I'd give (almost) anything to be able to join you in your Head Start to Spring band group!!! I'm still waiting on appoinment dates (NUT and psych eval)...so there might be a chance!!!

I think its great that you are going to jump start your weight loss!! From your picture avatar...you look like a very beautiful lady....I can only imagine how you will look after losing weight!!! Be sure to take lots of before, during and after pics!!

Yay Tracy -- the waiting is over and you got a date!!! :clap2: Not as soon as you wanted, but your attitude is FANTASTIC! Yay You!! :cheer2:

Tracy,

I have been following your posts and could not find where you had your surgery. I'm glad I found you again and have your date. Keep us posted. I have my appointment with the surgeon on Weds. the 14th of Feb., but then its the insurance waiting game. I have all of the other requirements done. But I'm sure the insurance company will come up with some reason to deny me. I am so happy for you. I'm sure the wait will go by quickly and the end result will be worth it.

Roxie

Tracy,

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. I'm sure you would be very happy with the results. I will be on pins and needles waiting to hear about your lastest update. I

In the meantime I do have a question for you.

In one of your replies you mentioned that you did not have to go on a supervised 6 month diet. I'm on one now and it sucks being told I have to wait an additional 6 months due to my insurance company rules. How did you manage to avoid it?

-Prebander

Tracy,

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery. I'm sure you would be very happy with the results. I will be on pins and needles waiting to hear about your lastest update. I

In the meantime I do have a question for you.

In one of your replies you mentioned that you did not have to go on a supervised 6 month diet. I'm on one now and it sucks being told I have to wait an additional 6 months due to my insurance company rules. How did you manage to avoid it?

-Prebander

Honestly.... ;) LUCK! :rose: .

I did however give them my weight chart, which I had detailed from 2003, it showed almost daily weigh in's when I was hot on the low carb bandwagon... and then months where I was off.., but overall it was NOT required by my determination department. Also on my psych eval I called some local places that were in my network, and they gave me the bs line that I would need no less than 3 sessions, and every test known to man... when I told them all I needed was a LETTER stating that I was of sound mind to make my own medical decisions the office lady became VERY snooty, telling me that SHE knew what my insurance required because they had 3 other people from my employer.... ANYWAY I argued with her and in the end I said... well I just call another BCBS in network provider and get my letter........ She snottily said.. (AND I'll be hear ready to make your appointment when you find out that you are wrong!

Needless to say, I went 20 miles out of town to another psychologist and only had ONE 3 hour appointment and my letter the next week.

Tracy,

I have been following your posts and could not find where you had your surgery. I'm glad I found you again and have your date. Keep us posted. I have my appointment with the surgeon on Weds. the 14th of Feb., but then its the insurance waiting game. I have all of the other requirements done. But I'm sure the insurance company will come up with some reason to deny me. I am so happy for you. I'm sure the wait will go by quickly and the end result will be worth it.

Roxie

Here I am Roxie!!!! ;) Good luck on all your appointments!

I faced the scale this morning............ It was ugly, but I needed to so that I could have a starting place for my 25 lb goal.

......... drumroll........267.... goal of 242 by surgery

I have been good so far,

B- coffee with sf Creamer

omlette with cheese and chicken breast

Ok, now I'm getting a tad bit nervous!! When I called my insurance, they never said anything about needing a diet history, supervised diet or anything like that. They told me I need a letter from my PCP (got it!!) a letter from the surgeon, a psych eval and a NUT consult (waiting on appointment dates). Now I'm worried that after I submit all this to the insurance they will come back and ask for more information!! (They said they wont make a determination until all info is sent in.)

:faint:

Your Breakfast sounds so good this morning Tracey!!! Keep up the good work and you'll make your surgery weight goal in no time!! :clap2:

mary: I didn't need a diet history.. (SOME don't) consider yourself lucky that yours doesn't.

I am right now eating my lunch and I am so proud of myself....

I'm having a salad with a few grape tomatoes (cut in half) a bit of shredded cheddar, a few sunflower seeds, ranch dressing and thin sliced ham rollups with a touch of cream cheese in the center.

I had forgotten that I can actually eat really delicious things AND be low carb/healthy.... ;)

AND I've got boiled eggs cooling......... If I could pat myself on the back I'd do so LOL

but I will admit, I have promised to make my grandma's "hamburger noodlebake" for dinner tonight, and it contains egg noodles.. I will try to keep my portion SMALL and have a salad with it FIRST

You deserve a big pat on the back Tracey!! With the attitude you have...you'll be a model patient with the lap band!!!

I'm off to find something for Breakfast and start reading the WLS for Dummies book I bought yesterday....Keep up the great work Tracey, and I'll check back in tonight!!

Hey, just to give you some encouragement, check out the April bandsters from '06!! We have a running weight-loss total, but the most helpful for me has been an exercise challenge thread, just for April bandsters. A few of us participate and it has become a tremendous support.

Some of us actually run now, too!!

Congratulations! April is a great month to be banded.