Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry... I can't get into dailyplate yet today either. grrrrrrrrrr Glad I have my daily journal as a back up.

I've had to resort to taking a laxative pill lately. I still take my Fiber Sure each day, but I need the extra push.. so to speak. I get the Walmart brand that are teeny tiny. 1 of them does the trick. I take it at night and am good to "go" in the morning.

The backyard it all set for the rehearsal dinner Friday night. Now to get the inside of the house looking ship shape. It's a never ending battle even without kids at home anymore! Turns out DH is the culprit!!

I got to workout in the pool again today. High today was 73, but the pool was 84. I stayed as low in the Water as I could!!

Everyone have a great night and remember.........

Bubbles

I might try that, but I have Cereal issues, actually, I HATE milk, and i've been trying to do yogurt an no sugar ice cream (which btw has the same nutritional info as skim milk)

I still do the fibersure too, just not quite enough, I hate to get hooked on laxitives because my aunt is 84 and is addicted and cannot go without them, they are bad things if taken over long periods of time. One way or another I'll figure it out... if i have to try suggestions... it is so bad tonight my back actually hurts.

I just had my first non stop eating moment and I feel like CRAP. I had chinese for dinner, chicken and eggplant, my fav. I ate about 1/3 cup chicken and a full 1 1/2 cup eggplant. oh and 1 steamed dumpling, which i ended up not eating the shell, too rich.

i am over stuffed and hope I did not do perm damage to myself.

OK now i need a fill

Oh good lord...I went to PF Changs tonight and I ate hot and sour Soup, 2 FRIED dumplings(shells and all) and about a cup of spicy chicken. It was SO yummy though!!! :faint:So much for losing weight this week. I need a fill....

Hey everyone -

Just thought I'd post a pic of me on top of the world! I'm amazed at how fat I still look :rolleyes: Can't even imagine what I looked like 20# heavier...glad I lost that at least! But anyway....isn't this beautiful? I loved Steamboat and can't wait to go back!

Terri you look absolutely fantastic!!!! I need a vacation too...the last 2 vacations that I've had in the past year was 8 weeks for a hysterectomy last September, and 5 days for my lapband in April LOL

Good Morning, My name is Amanda and I live in Olive Branch, MS but work in Memphis, TN. I was banded on April 10 and I have lost 32 pounds. I have had two fills and I am feeling pretty comfortable with my fill level now. I am looking for a new "support home" I have been on another message board primarily but the drama over there is really getting in the way of support. I have two kids so going to my DR's support groups is very difficult. So I get most of my support online. I have been reading a lot of your posts and have been so inspired. It is also nice to know that I am not the only one who slips up once in a while. Anyway, I just thought I would introduce myself I will post some pictures soon.

Amanda

Welcome Amanda!!! This is such a diverse and wonderful group of ladies. They're an absolute wonderful support group and are just plain fun to chat with! Jump right in!!! :rolleyes:

Ok, so here's my pattern (I think)...

When I get to feeling frustrated or like I'm not doing this whole thing well enough (whatever THAT means)... then I store it up 'til I come here and spill my guts to you guys... and I whine & wallow w/in myself for about 1 day (cuz that's all I allow myself)... then I pull myself up by the bootstraps and come up with some plan of action and do it and then, I guess because I'm taking positive steps, I get my head back on straight and voila, I'm the old me again, plugging away.

So I'd just like to thank you all for putting up w/my, what, once weekly or every-other week whines and for always, always having a positive word of encouragement/advice/cheer for me... I'm so, so lucky to have you all in my corner! We're all so lucky to have each other!

I was successful on staying on liquids yesterday -- yay! Not easy, and had a killer headache last night, but I did it. 3 pro shakes, lots of Water, and 2 sugar-free popsicles. Am planning on that again today.

I am going to go sign up for the aqua pilates class today! I called & there are still spaces left. For some reason I love the water and feel like I can do exercise better there than on dry land, for now, at least! Too funny, as I hate bathing suits. Oh well!

Thanks again, everyone. Have a great day!

Jenn: Feel free to join me in liquid land... we can splish splosh together! I know I can't live there forever, I will have to figure out how to live in food land, but I also think a day here and there can't hurt to mix it up a bit!

Good morning Violets...

This my not be a big deal to you all but this morning I finally had a BM on my own....I was so excited I did a happy dance in the bathroom!! I had not had one since Saturday and that was only because I had taken a strong laxative. I seriously feel like a new person! Hopefully this is a new trend for me!!

Everyone have a great day!!

That old saying goes a long way now since..the medical profession has found numerous ways the lowly apple helps in preventing many diseases.

What brought this up was the BM posts.

We use to tell our patients to eat an apple EACH night, instead of snacking on not good for you foods. It takes a while to eat the apple, giving you the hands feeding yourself, the crunchy to the sweet tastes, etc.

Try this for at least 4 days. You will find you have NO bathroom issues with the no go. Better for you than laxatives. The fibersure is good but nothing can beat..natures medicines.

My two cents!:rolleyes:

Denise...

I usually got fried dumplings and got steamed... why do i think that mattered if i was going to eat them LOL

it was so good.

TracyK

I am right there with you this am... but I'm not going to eat chineese food every day if that was what did the trick. I ate a ton of eggplant last night

Well off to the Y with the kids!

Good Morning Violets~

Today I am babysitting, actually until Sunday this little guy. His name is Oscar. My challenge is to keep him a secret from the Rotteweiller, Klaus (he is 140 pounds). Anyway, I did not go to the gym this am, but am going swimming at Oscars house!! That will be my workout. It is gonna be 112 here today:faint:!!! So a pool workout will be good!

oscar.bmp

VioletS-I have loved this poem (or whatever it is) for a long time and it means a great deal to me. Hopefully some of you will like it too...I have it hanging different places in my house....

FACE IT: Nobody owes you a living. What you achieve or fail to achieve in your lifetime is directly related to what you do or fail to do.

No one chooses his parents or childhood,

but you can choose your own direction.

Everyone has problems and obstacles to overcome, but that too is relative to each individual.

NOTHING IS CARVED IN STONE...

You can change anything in your life if you want to badly enough.

Excuses are for losers. Those who take responsibility for their actions

are the real winners in life. Winners meet lifes challenges head on

knowing there are no guarantees, and give it all they've got.

And never think its too late or too early to begin. Time plays no

favorites and will pass whether you act or not.

TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.

Dare to dream and take risks...

Compete

If you aren't willing to work for your goals,

don't expect others to.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF :rolleyes:

chica- just glad I'm not alone!!

My scale went UP from 298 to 304 for all of last week.. I stopped weighing myself for about a week.. weighed myself this morning, thank god I'm at least back to 298.. I think it must have been from the PMS.. but sullen about not losing anymore weight.. that means I've been at 298 for about 2 weeks. And this is when I've been working out. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I am not losing inches so bubkus (sp!) on that.

I hope my next fill helps, I'm starting to wish I had RNY. Just to see weight going away!! Then I hear the stories of those around me who had RNY around the same time and they're just now getting back on their feet, in and out of hospital, sick all the time..

Ok nevermind, gah I'm just so frustrated and afraid this isn't going to help me.

I could care less about my weight right now...my stomach muscles are still SO sore! :rolleyes:

I'm ok when I'm sitting or standing, it's when I start using the muscles to do things like walk, reach, etc, that I'm sore....It's been over a week now.

I tried accessing thedailyplate all day yesterday too but it was down. Today it's super slow. I'm just writing down what i eat for now and I will log it when the website works better.

Laura, I've been teetertotaling between 269 and 270 for three weeks now! How frustrating! I'm with you, I've second guessed my decision to get the band a few times. But it's only natural to feel discouraged when we're not losing all the time. I guess I have to learn patience....

Terri, the situation with dfb is a little better. We are in counseling and communicating alot better than we were. I wish I could tell you the whole whole story but it might fill a book. We've both hurt each other so much in the past and right now we are both tentavely (sp?) reaching out to each other. We used to both be ugly and defensive with each other all the time. Actually, I am ashamed to admit the type of person I used to be. I was very controlling, very demanding, and spoiled. He let me get away with it for so long and when finally said enough was enough that is when everything went downhill. I went through alot of self reflection and alot of counseling to finally understand why i was that type of person. I've changed alot but the damage had been done. Now, we are slowly starting to come out of that. So right now we are essentially starting over. Letting the past hurts stay in the past. Okay, well now I've poured out my deep dark secrets. I used to be a rotten apple! I'm still a little rotten sometimes but not hurtful rotten anymore...

Ok, so here's my pattern (I think)...

When I get to feeling frustrated or like I'm not doing this whole thing well enough (whatever THAT means)... then I store it up 'til I come here and spill my guts to you guys... and I whine & wallow w/in myself for about 1 day (cuz that's all I allow myself)... then I pull myself up by the bootstraps and come up with some plan of action and do it and then, I guess because I'm taking positive steps, I get my head back on straight and voila, I'm the old me again, plugging away.

That's kinda how I work too. I have to wallow a bit in my past failures then remember that IT'S DIFFERENT NOW. I take an attitude check, take an inventory of the JUNK I've eaten the last few days, decide to do differently, then wake up the next day and start over again. I KNOW AND BELIEVE that sooner or later the good stuff will stick and the bad habits will fade into the past.
Good morning Violets...

This my not be a big deal to you all but this morning I finally had a BM on my own....I was so excited I did a happy dance in the bathroom!! I had not had one since Saturday and that was only because I had taken a strong laxative. I seriously feel like a new person! Hopefully this is a new trend for me!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Kinda sad the lives we lead, eh?

We use to tell our patients to eat an apple EACH night, instead of snacking on not good for you foods. It takes a while to eat the apple, giving you the hands feeding yourself, the crunchy to the sweet tastes, etc.

Try this for at least 4 days. You will find you have NO bathroom issues with the no go. Better for you than laxatives. The fibersure is good but nothing can beat..natures medicines.

My two cents!:)

Hmmm...this is great advice, HH. Maybe I'll try 1/2 apple a day and see if it helps. Great snack with a piece of cheese.
chica- just glad I'm not alone!!

My scale went UP from 298 to 304 for all of last week.. I stopped weighing myself for about a week.. weighed myself this morning, thank god I'm at least back to 298.. I think it must have been from the PMS.. but sullen about not losing anymore weight.. that means I've been at 298 for about 2 weeks. And this is when I've been working out. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but I am not losing inches so bubkus (sp!) on that.

I hope my next fill helps, I'm starting to wish I had RNY. Just to see weight going away!! Then I hear the stories of those around me who had RNY around the same time and they're just now getting back on their feet, in and out of hospital, sick all the time..

Ok nevermind, gah I'm just so frustrated and afraid this isn't going to help me.

Laura, you know better. In your heart, you know better. You gotta remember that you are under a LOT of stress right now (take extra Vitamin C!). Your homework is just to make the best possible food choices that you can and when you get back from Vegas you can start your life anew.... all of it. I looked last night and I've lost exactly 2# in the last 4 weeks. Yippee. But I know I'm doing (most) everything right...so what else is there to do? I'll just keep plugging away. One foot in front of the other until I get "there". I, for one, am really glad you didn't get the RNY!!! Hang in there with us as we will all have our ups and downs....and keep doing the best you can. It's a simple phrase, but it's loaded with meaning. Do the best you can. If you're doing your best, it's a lot easier to sleep at night, y'know? XOXO.