Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I would not worry- I hurt really bad about 4 weeks out and just stopped about 2 weeks ago but still get sharp pains every once in a while. Last week I could not stand up straight after a night at work, and I didn't work out for days.

Have you tried an ice pack? that helped me too, the heat helped but only temp. the ice packs regularly really did the trick for me.

I hope you feel better.

I haven't tried an icepack...here i am a nurse and i always just take the pain rather than take something for it LOL...i'll try the icepack tonight...thanks for listening to me whine! :)

Hello Everyone,

That second fill is really kicking my ass. I cant keep Water down now. I go back to my Dr tomorrow morning. I dont want to get dehydrated. I was 278 on monday. After fill on Tuesday I am 274.5 because nothing stays down. Sorry to vent. I feel terrible.

Hello Everyone,

That second fill is really kicking my ass. I cant keep Water down now. I go back to my Dr tomorrow morning. I dont want to get dehydrated. I was 278 on monday. After fill on Tuesday I am 274.5 because nothing stays down. Sorry to vent. I feel terrible.

ard how much do you have in your band?? i have 1.2cc but feel like i could use maybe another .5cc....i was waiting to see if the fill was going to kick in but so far i can eat pretty much what i want.

Denise~ I don't think that continued ab (muscle) pain is "normal" this far out. I am up to 160 crunches a day (when I work out) and I don't have any ab or muscle pain. Especially since it just started about a week ago, right? Be persistent w/ the doctors staff, you know your own body better than they do. Even if the doctor confirms "it is just nothing." Good Luck!

Jennifer~ Congrats on passing the bartending test!!!:clap2::clap2::):Banane20:(I love any opportunity to use that banana). I know that test was a huge hurdle for you, and now that is over, we will keep our fingers crossed for you on your job search. Good for you!

well I jsut wanted to say hi to everyone and say how all of you are doing great.

started liquid diet 4/2/07 340

surgery day 4/17/07 320

1st fill 5/24/07 300

2nd fill 6/21/07 290

50 lbs total:biggrin1:

Thanks for the extra encouragement.. I just have to remind myself I will feel restriction eventually, and tough it up till then!!!

We close on our house tomorrow morning, I'm nervous and happy.. our hvac unit froze up because workers put it on 50 before freeon was put in, so it leaked all in the ceiling, the floor, the walls.. the master closet smells HORRIBLE like mildew. I was really upset about that.. they said they're going to fix it all and 'air out' the closet.. but knowing that Water was in the house now, bothers me.. 10 years from now when the wood is rotten, etc.. anyway..

They had forgotten quite a few things of the house too, and I'm afraid I may have missed more.. I went from memory of things I know they didn't put in. Joys of building a house I guess.

Been packing some more.. I'm tired.. Finished everything for the wedding now.. except mother of the bride outfit. Mom won't wear a dress, and she's tall too and can't find the pretty elegant pant sets in long lengths.. so we ordered her 2 different ones, and crossing our fingers one has a long enough inseam.. if not, she's going to buy pants to go with one of the tops. It's a cruel world for tall women!!! I will not have time to let the hem of my dress out so it's long enough, since they won't be getting the dress to me till the 25th.. C'est la vie.

I'm wondering if lack of Protein is my problem then? (After reading the comments lately). I get about 30-40g in a day.. should I go for more??

Tell me that will boost my weight loss lol!

Today I had pulled pork bbq with creamless coleslaw (vinegar based).. small plate, without eating the other 3 sides (baked Beans, pickle, french fries). Wowee! Then I had a small order of chicken fries from BK.. kept me full all day pretty much.. had a ham chef salad for dinner about an hour ago.. and an applesauce for desert. Felt like a good day, I'm not gonna find out the nutrition in those chicken fries and get upset hah.

My wedding band came in yesterday..as did fiance's. Mine is gorgeous, I love it..and since it's a guard, I won't have to resize my engagement ring for some time.. I had to take off the sizer thing to see what it looked like with the guard, so now it keeps falling off.. had to move it to my right hand.

Fiance didn't like his ring, so had to send it back and ordered a plain solid yellow gold one. We had gotten him a yellow filigree gold band, with a white gold band in the middle (so it would match my all white gold).. but AFTER WE ORDER AND RECEIVE IT.. he tells me he just wants a plain band. MEN!!!! Could have saved some $$ if he had told me this before. Oh welllllll... I'm so tired right now, I've had a hard time sleeping lately with all the excitement going on.. fiance has too oddly enough (I never see him lose sleep).. yesterday we both passed out around 6pm.. I woke up at 10pm, had my 'dinner' and went back to sleep.. he got up at midnight and was up till 1.. then we both slept in a little late this morning.. I am ready to hit the sheets!! His brother is coming down from TN on Saturday to help us move, and then on Sunday the truckdriver from work is going to come help us move all the big stuff. Weeeee. Hopefully by Sunday I will be officially living in our new house!

Fingers crossed tomorrow they fixed everything in the house and nothing will have to be stipulations in the contract (makes me nervous thinking about that).

Good night, good luck, and be good :)

Kity that sounds fun! I've never been to MA..

Best Wishes on your house settlement today, Laura! How exciting & stressful all at the same time! You have so much going on, no wonder you can't sleep! I'm so excited for you!!! Think how boring August will be for you w/no wedding/moving/home buying to worry about! :)

My doc wants us to get 70 g pro a day.

Speaking of the doc... I go this morning for my 3-wk visit... hoping I'll get to schedule my first fill!

I'm also hoping to see the scale go DOWN this a.m.... something I haven't seen in 2 weeks... I've done liquids the past 2 days + upped the walking quite a bit. I signed up for the Aqua Pilates class @ the Y for the summer... not only did I sign up for an exercise class, but it's at 7:45am! :) Who is this woman and what did she do with me??

Make it a great day, everyone!

Good morning Violets-Happy Friday!!

We are going out of town this weekend to visit friends & family. Everyone have a great & safe weekend...

Pamela-that sounds like a great little get-away. I want to go there too one day.

Denise,

I don't know how much he put in but I am on my way to see him right now.

Take care

Morning everyone

Laura - good luck on your closing. Get something in writing about the stuff that is missing and the ac issues. I did new construction closings and it sounds like this is turning into a nightmare in the final stages for you... Just want to make sure you are covered.

TracyK - have a good weekend.

Denise - did the ice work?????

Well I updated my workouts - went at 6:30 this am and now I'm headinig back for Water aerobics

Denise~ I don't think that continued ab (muscle) pain is "normal" this far out. I am up to 160 crunches a day (when I work out) and I don't have any ab or muscle pain.
**160*** crunches a day???? Good lawd, woman! I am jealous!! I can only do about 60. My abs are probably my weakest set of muscles....from sitting behind a desk for 27 years!! That'll do it! BTW, my trainer said that you really can't overwork your abs....that they don't need the 'rest' that other muscle groups do. He's given me several different ab exercises to do 'while I'm watching TV' HA!! Yeah, right.
I'm also hoping to see the scale go DOWN this a.m.... something I haven't seen in 2 weeks... I've done liquids the past 2 days + upped the walking quite a bit. I signed up for the Aqua Pilates class @ the Y for the summer... not only did I sign up for an exercise class, but it's at 7:45am! :) Who is this woman and what did she do with me??
Mdrai - I know that you already know this...it's been said a bazillion times. But do TRY not to get discouraged if the scale doesn't move for you. Seriously. When you first start exercising your muscles retain all kinds of Water to help them repair. Just keep doin' it!! If I worried about the scale so much I'd have hung myself by now. But every week my clothes are looser and looser...and I keep throwing shirts and pants into my charity pile. That's AFTER I gave away 4 bags-full to my girlfriend! Oy! Point is, just keep moving forward every day. Go look at the B&A thread. You think those girls were all perfect little bandsters? I doubt it.

Well I updated my workouts - went at 6:30 this am and now I'm headinig back for water aerobics

I just want to say how proud I am of all of us for exercising like we should be! And don't you FEEL BETTER? I am like a new woman -- amazing energy most of the time and very few aches and pains. Feeling muscles grow, too. Can't wait 'til I "lean out" and voila!...the muscles will be waiting for me underneath!

Good morning all you Shrink'n Violets...

Busy day yesterday and a busy weekend. Our DS is getting married tomorrow. Last night we had a cook out at my DD's house. It turned into a surprise birthday party for me. The kids went together and got me a remote start for my car. Do I have everything now, or what!!!?? I had half a hamburg patty, some salad and a tiny sliver of birthday cake. Today all the guys in the wedding party are going golfing and I'm left to set up the tables and chairs for the rehearsal dinner here tonight. Such is the life of the mother of the groom!!

Yesterday was also our anniversary and we spent it at the cook out with family. I think we'll be heading out by ourselves for a late celebration after all the wedding stuff is behind us. DH and I didn't get to enjoy that special "just the two of us" time yet. But first things first!!

I'm starting to get people noticing I'm losing weight.. FINALLY!! It's a good feeling to hear compliments, isn't it? Sepcially when you haven't told anyone you're trying to.

Well, I better get my butt off the chair and away from the computer and get my wedding chores done.

Everyone have a great weekend... and I'm going to try to remember to follow those bandster rules!!! Acutally the eating out in public never was a problem for me. I always could eat healthy in front of people. It was when I got back home that the non-stop eating started. I'll be ok at the wedding and I know I'll be fine when I get home cause I only have one little page in my daily journal to write down what I ate! And I know now.. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE FOOD!!

(((Judy))) What wonderful things you have going on right now!! I am so happy for you -- you absolutely deserve it. You're a beautiful soul!! Was your birthday yesterday (or when)?? Did you give DH the easy way out and get married ON your birthday so he could 'combine' presents? Hmmmm. How IS DH doing with his weight loss? How's he feeling? With you in his corner he really can't go wrong!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!

Terry

You said it all today... LOL It does feel great to get into working out regularly this month. I am getting my 13 year old set up on a circut next week so she can tone up with me.... Now don't get me wrong, she is a size 3 and is taller than I am, but she is really getting into sports this year and I want her to be fit and tone. I know... she is young. she didnt make the BasketBall team last year and her coach told her if she could run better she would have made it. She does cheerleading and is trying out for volleyball so I figured with her asthma, it would be a good place for her to run, on the treadmill inside, and tone. We have a great trainer and she will start her out slow and steady. I talked to her today.

Plus... it is nice to have my buddy with me to workout!

anyway, crazy day, just got home from the gym and now going to take a little nap, get ready for work - go in from 2-10

hope you all have a great day

Judy - Happy Birthday... Happy Anniversary.... and have fun at the wedding

Morning Violets~

I am home from the gym, and am pissed I could only work out 50 min because of a painter who came over at 7:30. But what a great workout. 4 miles on the bike, 160 crunches (100 crunches and 60 ab turning things...better than plain crunches and works on the sides), plus my back, and ass today! I was sweating bad...and I love it. It is gonna be 112 here again today (110 on different channel). I am off to La Verne where I go to school (80 miles away) to the library w/ a friend!

Judy~ Your just so cute. Enjoy your special day today. I am sure your yard looks great (we are still waiting for pix). Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. From now on, you and your son can have a anniversary dinner w/ DH and DIL!

Have a great day everyone!