Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Judy--Your yard is gorgeous!! I love clematis!!!

Well I just found out yesterday that I have to have more surgery. I am bummed out, but hope this is the answer. I have had a Fluid problem ever since I got this hernia repaired at the same time I got a band. They have drained it 3 times and gotten a liter of fluid all times. So I went for an ultrasound guided aspiration of the hernia area, and it didn't happen. So, Tuesday they will make an incision and break up all the fluid pockets, drain the fluid, and then burn the area. Hopefully this will be the end of that problem, and all will heal great!!!

On the positive side the band is GREAT!!!! I have great restriction and it has NEVER caused me an ounce of trouble or pain!!!

Positive thoughts for a good outlook on Tuesday is appreciated.

Jane

Will this be done out Patient? If not PM me and I'll come and visit you.:bored

Hey Everyone~ Just needed to bump the thread. I hope everyone is having a great day. I spent the morning by the pool w/ my Ipod, rocking out to Janis Joplin...great morning!

Then this afternoon, I worked on homework, something I haven't done in a long time. Felt good to get back at it. I did not make it to the gym this morning, but havent eaten much at all. I will be at the gym early in the morning...gotta go before it is too hot.

Have a great night and Sunday! I hope Judy is having a lovely time.

Here's an ironic story for your entertainment!

I go to HungryGirl.com a lot... she (or whoever puts the site together) has a lot of great food/nutrition tips/info... I love it! So a month ago (I think it was during my liquid pre-op stage) I'm on there clicking around and I see a contest (she's always giving food contest links... food companies are ALWAYS running contests!) for Edy's Slow Churned Ice Cream.

So I click on the link and go to the page and you have to write an essay on "Why My Neighborhood Deserves an Ice Cream Party" (or something to that effect)... so I wrote a quick essay (remember that I am a professional freelance writer/editor) basically comparing/contrasting my neighborhood to an ice cream sundae... that we're all different "flavors", but blend together well; that we have some fruits & nuts; and that the children play across our yards like so many sprinkles... you get the idea... kinda corny... but fun.

So I forgot all about it... until yesterday when I get a letter in the mail that I am a Grand-Prize Winner! Yay!

So here's the ironic part -- Me, a newly banded trying-to-lose-weight person, wins AN ICE CREAM PARTY FOR 100! :)

Edy's will be shipping me 12 tubs of Slow-Churned Ice Cream in August, + sending me a "party in a box" w/100 spoons, cups, napkins, table cloths, name tags, a sharpie, signs, invitations, and a disposable camera! I told my next-door neighbor, and her evil idea is to invite just 25 folks & then we'll all get 4x the ice cream! HA HA HA! She was just kidding. Actually, I've got about 50 names on the list so far. We're going to have a neighborhood garage band play, & games for the kids... make it a shin-dig. And another neighbor is a P.R. gal, so she's going to write up a press release for the local papers & tv stations... she says they love community stuff like this. And we're going to have each family bring a sundae topping, so we'll have a huge selection for make-your-own sundaies. And finally, any left-over (??) ice cream is going to be donated to the local women/children's shelter.

Ice cream for 100... now THAT is JUST MY LUCK!

Michelle

where do you live? sounds like a road trip >LOL

I live on Eddy's ice cream. No sugar added now, but it is my fav!!!!

Terri, didn't lose all that since banding. Started when I first saw surgeon in August of 06! Don't I wish. You know since I am soo heavy, a lot of people really haven't noticed. I pretty much have lost 30 or so pounds since the band. The surgery will be done open, I wish it was laproscopic, but I am hoping the incision will be small, unless the Dr. was joking I can go back to work in a few days after surgery!!

Michelle, I love the ice cream party!!! I laughed soo hard!!!! I am not a big ice cream fan, but Edys is good. I am sure you will have fun!! Too bad they are not sending someone to serve it and clean up!!! That should be part of the deal too!!!!!

Jane

Michelle~ I love ice cream!!! Hence my lovely current figure. Have fun! I have sent you a pm asking a question.

Janie~ Good luck w/ the surgery. When is this?

PS...I don't know what Edy's ice cream is. I know, I know...I am a Ben and Jerry's fan. Damn, wish I had some now!

Strangely enough, after 2 weeks of absolute soreness, I woke up one morning and it was completely gone. 2 weeks of not being able to bend over, or do anything that required me to use my stomach muscles without a quick reminder because it HURT! Then I wake up one day and it's totally gone....weird!!! It's like I'm waiting for it to start hurting again LOL

Jennifur, I never got to try the ice pack...that night I was so stressed out and worried about it because it had been 2 weeks already, and I fell asleep...when I woke up it was gone and hasn't been back yet! *whew* Let's hope it stays away!

Hey anyone like scary movies?? I went to see 1408 today...it was pretty weird!

Ironically enough, we went fishing again this weekend, and there was this guy who sat and chatted with my girls and I while we were fishing...I was thinking, "this guy is pretty damn cute" (yes I'm HAPPILY married, but he was cute!). Anyway, turns out he used to weigh over 500 lbs! He lost 290 pounds from the gastric bypass!!! I would have never known either. I forget what brought it up but then we started talking about my lap band. I guess you just never know who's had WLS!!!

Good Morning all you Shrink'n Violets!!

Well, the wedding was a success.. and the reception was great!! I danced the night away and believe me, I've never done that before. I felt so good in my new body and my new dress, that I was on the dance floor for hours dancing with my DS, my DH, my DD, my grandkids, and a couple of times by myself!! And it paid off too... I lost 3# at weigh in this morning and I get another charm for my Bracelet tomorrow!!

Today I am 60 years young and feeling like 25. At the reception I ate 1 chicken drumstick, 1 piece of polish sausage, a couple of bites of cheesy potatoes and a couple of bites of corn. Oh, and 3 small bites of a piece of cake. I was too busy having fun to even think about food. And I now have it ingrained in my brain that .... It's Not About The Food!!

Anyway, it's a great day today and I can't wait for the next 60 years!!

Everyone have a good one. I'm off to church and then to watch DS and his new wife open their gifts.

Denise

that is strange, but I don't know if it was the ice that worked for me either. Same type of thing happened, one day i was dying and couldn't even move when in bed, and the next... I was fine. So now when I get a little stab, I pay attention to what i'm doing "just in case"

Judy-so glad you had such a great time. I can't wait to feel that great.

So I have a similar story to Denise's. At Bartending classes... yes...it came out very privately that the lady, a teacher, had bypass surgery 2 years ago and had lost over 150lbs. She brought it up and was very kind, but I was late one night because I had an appt with my surgeon, she asked who my surgeon was, I told her and she knew, Dr. Singh is fantastic and if you have had him you know, if not, it could be anything because he is the big laproscopic surgeon at the hospital. It is kind of nice to share success stories with other people and see their great results

Hi All,

Judy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day, and Im pleased the wedding went well, I thought your pics are gorgeous, and your gardens looks lovely......and the charm youve got is gorgeous too!

Terrie - you look stunning! Youve got a different hair style too which really suits you.

Pam - lol, I thought the pic of the dog was cute. Good for you too re exercising...I know I really need to get back into the habit of doing exercise again.

Laura - let us know how the house move goes, you must be so excited now!!

mdari - I can relate to how you were feeling a few posts back (feeling low/failing) as I was in the same boat not so long ago. We'll get there :) in the end!

Well folks, after being away practically all week on conference I was pleased to get home on Friday! I only had 1 incidence at the stand in the conference when I choked on some salmon (I ate it too fast, it blocked, I kept eating...usual story...luckily I had a servette, as my salavia glands worked over time, I tried to be as descreate as possible though!).

Im a bit down with work to be honest, I'm looking forward to my holiday, we go on Thursday night and fly Friday am off to Mexico (purta Platta airport or something like that?) were staying at an all inclisive place, so Ill eat healthily salads and meat etc. Give me time to think too about life/work etc.

Well its been a week since I had my fill...I now have 6 mls in my band (its a 10ml band), it is a bit more restrictive than before, but I can still eat more than the size of my fist (I was told that that is how big my stomach is and I should only eat that much) so I phoned the Drs secretary as I was asked too, and Im going back in on the 21st of July to see the dietician, and I may get another fill to get to the right 'spot'.

Take care everyone,

Love Sara xx

:happybday2::happybday2::happybday2: Judy!!! Glad to hear the party was a success.

Sara~ So good to see you back here! Mexico will be beautiful. Hablan Espanol? Uno mas cervesa is all you need to know, haha. Have fun. I haven't worked out for 2 days...bad bad band girl. And I feel like shit too. But, I am back to the usual tomorrow. It is this cute dogs fault...he is too sweet to wake up so early, haha. Yeah, I'll blame him!

Denise~Glad your pain is gone. When I had my shoulder pain, it was the weirdest thing. It was the first night I got in bed (after 2 nights in the recliner). As soon as I laid down on my right side, the really bad sharp pain settled in my left shoulder. It was really bad all the next day, under a heating pad and lots of pain meds bad. Then the next night when I returned to bed, again on my right side, it disappeared. Just gone:cry.:cry I don't know where it went, but I was glad it was gone. Glad yours is too!

Well, today is a slow day for me. Gonna do nothing, that is the plan. Have a great day violets!!!!

Laura~ hope the move is going well, and that your back online soon...we miss you!

xoxo

Thanks pam,

I intend to let my hair down & chill out.....by the way...what would happen if I said "Hablan Espanol? Uno mas cervesa" ?? LOL...

Take care

Sara xxxx

Sara~ LOL, if you asked someone Hablan Espanol in Mexico, they'd look at you like you were crazy (asking a Mexican if they speak Spanish). And if you say, "uno mas cervesa" and kept saying it...you'd be drunk from so much beer! Make sure you drink Patron tequila...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Have fun! We thought about a Mexican vacation, but decided on the gay friendly Provincetown, MA!!! We plan on eating great sea food, relaxing on the beach, and riding bikes...then doing it all over again.

ij oan nv'j lklsj t

p

dfklc/ m;lgmj

anf

I'm hungover.:tired

asjf oia nvneeoidfmdkke.opwlkn

vynjxmvckke

bleh.