Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry...

My birthday is Sunday.. the big 6-0!!! Our Anniversary was yesterday. DH is doing great on his weight loss. He has lost 38# so far!! (Pretty appropriate for our 38th anniversary!!) We were worried about his tux not fitting him for tomorrow, but everything seems to be ok. Now as for his regular clothes.... we had to buy him suspenders cause his pants kept falling down.. lol Not a good thing, when you're standing at the pulpit preaching!!!

I got a beautiful charm for my charm Bracelet from DH.. Here's a pic..

Gotta love the guy.. he's always thinking!!!

Just finished some cottage cheese, fresh blueberries and peaches for lunch. I put some Splenda on the cottage cheese and I swear I had a dessert for lunch.. yummmmmy!!

Take care everyone!!

post-215048-13813135103292_thumb.jpg

Happy Birthday, Judy! & Happy Wedding tomorrow & Happy Anniv... Just Happy Happy to YOU! :) Luv the charm! How sweet!!

My day (well, obviously not my WHOLE day, but the WLS-related stuff):

#1: scale was down 4 lbs (since the last time I weighed, not yesterday!) to 291... yay... so now only 4 more lbs 'til my lowest liquid diet weight... then on to NEW fat to work on melting away. I know it's all a head game, but I am happy w/it.

#2: Saw my doc for a fleeting moment... he swooped in, asked how I was ("great"), asked about my restriction ("none"), checked my incision sites, then said to schedule a 4cc fill for next week! I tried to schedule it on my way out but it was crazy busy in there today, so I'll call on Monday. Another Yay!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Denise,

I went back to my Dr this a.m. He said I was tooooo tight so he took out 1cc and left in 2.8 cc. He was glad I didn't wait any longer because I lost 9 lbs since the fill on Tuesday. I told him I started throwing up everything including Water. I was headed for dehydration. Now I feel like my old self.

Wow, ard.. glad you got that restriction issue taken care of.

Well the big rehearsal dinner is over and the left over pizzas have been farmed out. DH had two pieces and did ok, but he hasn't had a fill yet. He didn't eat the end crust. I just had my tossed salad and when everyone else was having ice cream cones, I made myself some cottage cheese with blueberries and peaches and some Splenda. It was like dessert to me!!

I took pics of my yards before the dinner.. here is the link to see them..

House and Flowers 2007 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Now I'm headed to bed and hopefully some sleep before the big day tomorrow!!

Everyone sleep well and enjoy your day tomorrow! Will check in when I can.

Happy Birthday, Judy (& Happy wedding!) Ard, glad you got your restriction taken care of --that is a horrible way to lose 9 pounds. I just returned from vacationing in FL with my family. I was worried how the scales would reflect my upset vacation schedule and eating out every day. Fortunately, I lost 2 pounds even though I didn't work out every day. I did walk on the beach and used the equipment in the workout room one night, but not my usual routine. I managed all the eating out just fine, though. I didn't order for myself, I just took a little from my husband and sons' plates and was quite satisfied. I enjoyed the trip but will be glad to get back into my "groove"! On the exercise front, I am thrilled to report that my "Sweating to the Oldies" videos arrived by mail while I was gone. I loved those back in the 90's, but one copy was eaten by the VCR and another I loaned out and it never came home. Now to jump in there and start moving and grooving!

Judy, Judy, Judy~ Your home and garden are soooo cute. You've worked hard, but wow, wonderful! I love the bench covered in green, ooooo so cute. And just when you thought it couldn't get any cuter, you have a beautiful birds nest complete w/ a baby bird w/ her mouth open. OOOO my, I loved it. Enjoy your family and your weekends. You are very blessed!

Hi Denise,

I went back to my Dr this a.m. He said I was tooooo tight so he took out 1cc and left in 2.8 cc. He was glad I didn't wait any longer because I lost 9 lbs since the fill on Tuesday. I told him I started throwing up everything including Water. I was headed for dehydration. Now I feel like my old self.

I'm so glad that you're feeling better!!! That must be a horrible feeling. I want my doc to be SO conservative with my fills. I'd rather get filled slowly so that I don't ever have to go through that. I'm glad you're better!!!:clap2:

Wow, ard.. glad you got that restriction issue taken care of.

Well the big rehearsal dinner is over and the left over pizzas have been farmed out. DH had two pieces and did ok, but he hasn't had a fill yet. He didn't eat the end crust. I just had my tossed salad and when everyone else was having ice cream cones, I made myself some cottage cheese with blueberries and peaches and some Splenda. It was like dessert to me!!

I took pics of my yards before the dinner.. here is the link to see them..

House and Flowers 2007 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

Now I'm headed to bed and hopefully some sleep before the big day tomorrow!!

Everyone sleep well and enjoy your day tomorrow! Will check in when I can.

Judy your yard is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your house...if I lived there I'd never want to leave the yard to go to work LOL...what state do you live in??

Denise... I live in the state of constant confusion... which is located in northern Michigan.. :P

I had lots of compliments on the yard last night so I know my efforts haven't been in vain. Now I just want some time to relax and enjoy the backyard. That will happen next week when all my committments are over.

I'm off to fix Breakfast and then shower and get my hair done for the wedding. Everyone take care and have a great day!!

Judy--Your yard is gorgeous!! I love clematis!!!

Well I just found out yesterday that I have to have more surgery. I am bummed out, but hope this is the answer. I have had a Fluid problem ever since I got this hernia repaired at the same time I got a band. They have drained it 3 times and gotten a liter of fluid all times. So I went for an ultrasound guided aspiration of the hernia area, and it didn't happen. So, Tuesday they will make an incision and break up all the fluid pockets, drain the fluid, and then burn the area. Hopefully this will be the end of that problem, and all will heal great!!!

On the positive side the band is GREAT!!!! I have great restriction and it has NEVER caused me an ounce of trouble or pain!!!

Positive thoughts for a good outlook on Tuesday is appreciated.

Jane

Judy -- your property is gorgeous and so many colorful plants in bloom. That looks like it would take ALL of your time to keep up. I am jealous. I do not have a green thumb at all. I do my magic in the kitchen baking - all the stuff we can't eat now - cakes, Cookies, candies, homemade ice cream.

Hope you enjoy your birthday and gt some well deserved rest.

Gina

Well I just found out yesterday that I have to have more surgery. I am bummed out --Positive thoughts for a good outlook on Tuesday is appreciated.

Jane

Jane - you got it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers on Tuesday!

Gina

Judy -- BEAUTIFUL home & gardens! Wow! Your love of gardening is evident in every bed & bloom. I'm glad you will be able to relax a bit & ENJOY it now!

Janie -- I'm so sorry to read of the need for more hernia work, but I hope that it will end your problems with it! I know you've been struggling with it. Look at your weight loss -- FANTASTIC! You'll be in my thoughts on Tues!

Gina -- You sound like me!! I'm a baker, too! I'm a functional "cook", but my heart is BAKING... and everyone knows it and expects it. Up 'til recently, that is how I show my love... I'll bake for you! My poor family has been suffering w/store-bought stuff lately (I cannot stand store-bought baked goods so they are not a temptation to me). They have been very patient w/me... but I know they'd love something!

A lovely, low-key day planned for today. Hope you all have a great day!

Morning everyone

Hope you are all doing well.

Judy - love your yard! I'll have to take some pics for you when I find my camera. I have deep purple clamitis (sp)

When I bought my house 9 years ago it had 27 everygreen shrubs that ave since been replaced with pretty stuff that flowers, still a work in progress because of money, i really need new mulch, but takes up so much of my time getting the yard in order.

Anyway.. such a pleasure to see all your hard work

enjoy the weekend/bday and wedding

Janie -- so sorry to hear about your need for more surgery but at least the problem will be taken care of and behind you! Will they be able to do it laprascopically? Gosh, I hope so. And I have a question for you...how the HECK did you lose 79# in such a short time???? Is all that since you were banded?? Good lawd!

Judy - I can't grow a dang thing. I love hosta and you have bunches! Of course here in Houston it's hard to keep anything alive thru the summer. Ugh. Especially if one's yard doesn't have much shade....I haven't had shade in a yard EVER! Always moving into a new house that has little saplings in the yard.

I did discover a secret to a great workout yesterday! Get mad at your DH!!! Left and went to the gym for 2 hours....worked my dang tail off. Gave myself credit for 2 workouts....is that OK? Off to get my hair cut by a new hairdresser today, then to the gym, maybe a little shopping, then to a fancy dinner with the mean ol' DH, his daughter and new hubby. DH is playing golf this morning. Hope he melts. :P