Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Fill day today...YAY

hopefully I can get off this 224 mark now

Everyone have a great day!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow where was everyone yesterday???? I waited all day for someone to post. :) I was very good on Water and food yesterday and was rewarded by the scale fairy because I am now back down to where I was prior to vacation.

I made meat loaf last night for dinner and brought a hunk in for todays lunch........ and OH YA......... WENT TO THE GYM! I think I'm going to try the early bird step class tomorrow..... WILL my uncordinated butt survive????

Denise: My second fill is scheduled for Monday July 2nd... I can not wait!

Judy: You and Hubby look WONDERFUL in those wedding pics!

Terry: Hope you are recovered.

Pamela: Sounds like you are making the most of your summer!

TracyK: I'm with you on no longer being the spectator! (I was the one to ride the roller coasters last week with our oldest).... my boobs/belly got in the way a bit, but the attendants just pushed the bar down for me and I fit. I'm looking forward to gauging the difference in august when we return with all the boys.

The one thing I splurged a bit on was a new pair of GOOD walking shoes. They are sketchers and I got into a conversation with a nurse in the store and she pointed me to the ones they all wear during 12 hour shifts (she was there picking up two pairs) I have to admit they are a lot better than my KMart special shoes I had been wearing... I walked up and down all the hills at Silver Dollar City 3 days in a row and my feet never hurt. (this is how I justified all the crap I ate.. :) )

Jennifur: I'm sure you looked great! So did you get the bartending job?

Laura: Where are you?

OK.. its time to fill my water glass....

I will post a few pics later.

Here is a pic from Sunday.... Dbf, Me, SIL, BIL, and our 10 year old... he is dads riding buddy, and was grinning from ear to ear all day long!

The purple bike in the foreground with waterbottle is mine.. :)

janeys07group1ab.jpg

Oh ya HAPPY TWO MONTH BANDversary to Denise and ME, and all the 4/26'rs that are now MIA!
Thank you Tracy!! Happy 2 months to you too!!! :)

Oh shoot, this means I have to take a picture tonight! LOL

I'm down 6 lbs from my first fill....it doesn't seem like much but it sure feels great!!!

:hippie::)

Good morning! I'm here :clap2:

Well, we moved in Saturday&Sunday.. :faint:

They haven't finished our fence, they have the wrong hardware in both bathrooms, they cemented all under the flower beds (so plants won't root!), the shower head in mather bath sprays everywhere (they have to put plumber's tape).. I think that's it.. Lots of stuff they have to do.. The fence guy told me yesterday he will have it finished by noon today.. but, they left the spot for a gate on Friday.. and we went out today, he left another spot for a gate (2 different companies are doing it, it ended up getting subcontracted out). So we were hoping to see him this morning before we left for work to make sure he realized they already made a spot for the gate.. no luck. I go to the dentist today for cleaning & root canal :help:

We had our internet hooked up yesterday but I was busy unpacking and didn't have a chance to get on the computer. Living room is unpacked and set up.. we went by la-z-boy and bought our very first ever set of recliners! They are the same micro-suede material as our couches, our couches are green, but the recliners are beige.. oversized for my comfort :) They aren't delivering them until we get back from the honeymoon.

The scales have been packed up for 5 days now.. so no weighing.. it makes me nervous. I'm afraid I'll go to get my 2nd fill on July 2nd, and be the exact same weight I was on June 5th.. how sad is that?!

When I was getting dressed this morning, I don't know what the difference was, but looking at myself in the mirror in underwear I looked like I'd lost more weight.. Maybe I have? Clothes aren't fitting any looser and I still haven't gone down a size..

Our dog has her own 'room' everywhere we've lived.. We get 3 bedrooms.. our bedroom, computer room, and dog's room. We keep a big crate in there for bedtime, she sleeps in there (she's a boxer).. fiance has always begged me to let her sleep in the room with us.. so this weekend while moving, he asked if we could put her crate in the bedroom. I said NO!

He was moping about it, so I finally said.. put her big pillow in the bedroom, and she can sleep on the floor in there.. we'll see how that goes (I do NOT want her on the bed).

Well, it went fine! She went to sleep and didn't get on the bed all night. When I woke up this morning, she was sleeping on her pillow.. So it looks like the dog is now officially going to be sleeping in our room.

I picked up my wedding dress and my sister's maid of honor dress yesterday too.. gosh.. try taking 2 big full dresses, with trains and everything in a tiny convertible...and trying not to get wrinkles on it :)

As soon as I got home I had to run in the house to hang them up and attempt to smooth out any wrinkles.

I'm getting my haircut Thursday by the lady who is the only person I've ever let do my eyebrows.. she said if I'd let her cut my hair, I'd feel the same way about my haircuts.. so I told her I'd give her a try, but she has to remember I'm getting married next weekend!!!!!:whoo:

Busy-ness isn't over just yet. We go to Vegas in 9 days! Married in 11!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on posts yet, I will do that after I post this.

Hope everyone's doing better than I am with the weight loss!

Hey Laura!! Great to hear from you. Sounds like things are hectic there, but you seem to be getting things under control. Our big wedding here is over and it went very smoothly. I'm sure yours will too. Can't wait to see pics of your new house with the furniture in and pics of the wedding too!!

I had a NSV today!! I work as a volunteer at the hospital here. I put together the patient education packets that they hand out to the patients. I was at the copy machine doing my thing and one of the ladies walked by and stopped and said.. WOW.. you've lost weight.. a LOT of weight! I said yup.. bout 40# so far. She said.. "and you're doing.....???" So I said.. I had a lapband put in.. both Bob and I did (she knows Bob but hasn't seen him since his was put in). She said that was great. Next thing I know, my supervisor comes out and said she overheard that I had a lapband.. then wanted to know all about it. I did a mini-seminar right then and there. She in no way needs a lapband, but it was still neat to be able to talk about it and be proud that I had gone through it. Sooooooo I'm feeling good today in my new 16W pants, down from 22/24, and my 1X top down from a tight 3X. I'm going to go have some lunch and then hit the pool!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Happy Day, Everyone!

TracyKS -- Great pic! Looks & sounds like you had a blast!

Laura -- OMG girlfriend... you are one busy lady! But it's all fun (most of, anyway, right??)... I'm so happy for you! What a fun time of life!

Teach -- NSVs are the BEST! You are doing so great!!! What a role model!!!

Adorable -- yep, pix tonight, post tomorrow! :)

Good news: scale is going back down, yay... down to 289.4 from the "eating food again" bounce after liquids of 294... 2.4 lbs more & I'll be back at -30 & then on to losing some NEW FAT! Yay!

Not so good news: No first fill for me 'til the week of 7/8... which will be my 6 week point... could've done it next week @ 4 weeks out... but doc is double booked all week already & then he's out of town the week of the 4th (isn't everybody?). So I'll keep on doing my best. Walking. 1/2 portions.

Good news: I go to my first "aqua pilates" class tomorrow morning!

Good news: My dd is going to the beach on Sunday for a week w/my mom & sister... which is nice for her... but the sneaky good news for me & ds is that WE are going down Mon - Tues as a surprise! Yay, surprises... yay, the beach!

So more good news than bad. Yay!

Have a great day, everyone!

Hey Violets~

I am amazed at how the body works. I didn't work out for 4 days, and felt bad about it. Then today, I went and I was down 2 pounds! All told, I started my preop diet at 280, so I am using that as my baseline. I got down to 257, then up again to 263. Today it is at 258! So, I am technically down 22 from the start, but I am not changing my ticker, lol. I still only have 1 charm on my lonely bracelet...but I keep working on it. Next week, I will be away from home and they gym:(. I am hoping to use the pool for exercise each day at the hotel. Then the following week, I'll be in Vegas, then Reno/Tahoe for a mini vacation w/ family. I'll have to walk to get my exercise in. My concern is to get out of the habit, just want to stay the same if not lose. Then the fill on the 18th! I really wanted to be down 40 pounds before school starts. Oh well, keep on keepin on.

Laura~ congrats on the new pad! Just think, in a few months you'll be bored, lol. Hang in there!

Where has Terry been, or have I missed something.

OK...ttfn!

ok.. getting ready to hit the road...

Laura: WOW!!! you go girl.. Vegas!Vegas!Vegas!

Teach: GREAT NSV!

Pamela: I'm like you.. I ain't changing my ticker til I hit a new low! NEW FAT GOODBYE!

Michelle: Aqua Pilates.. SOUNDS VERY VERY VERY COOL! (send me those pics chica and I'll post them)

Denise: Yup new pics tonight........ JOY JOY! :)

I went in for my 2nd fill today....weird story, but I'll tell the good news first. I have lost 14 pounds since my fill on the 11th of last month.

Here is the strange part...I had lost half of my original fill which brought me down to .75 (which explains the hunger) and she filled it back to 1.5 and I could not even swallow the Water she gave me...anyway, long story short I only have .9 in there and I feel like I have so much restriction right now that I can barely swallow saliva. So, then I realized that it is my TOM and she said that is why it is like that and if I need to come back after my TOM she will put in more. I had no idea that our TOM made such a huge difference. Oh well, thats my story...

TracyKS...rollercoaster....that is what I wanna do next, but they tore down astroworld so I need an alternate plan.

Laura-welcome back and congrats on the move!

Teach-what a wonderful NSV...it feels great when people notice, right?

Hi all my fellow April "Shrinking Violets"

Well, I wanted a 2nd fill cause I was hungry a lot! Went today and they told me because I was doing so well, they gave me the max fill which was a 5!! I lost 41 pounds since April 16. They said I was doing better than most gastric patients at 3 months!! My BMI is so low now!! Am at a size 11-12!! But.....the band is SO tight now, I can barely swallow the water!! I had a Protein Drink today, and it hurt going down!! Do I have too much, ?? I dont know! They say that at times it takes 1-2 weeks before the band tightens??? Like "Teach lady " the pool is 86 today, and I am working out in it all day!!! Going to the gym tomorrow, hope I can EAT in the morning!!!!

INTRODUCING MISS CUTEYPATOOTY! our very own MDRI = Michelle!

michelleavi2.jpg

Before and Down 25! What a cutey pie!!!!!!

mdriB4a.jpgmdridown25a.jpg

OK michelle......... right click on the avatar and then save it to your computer then go to your USERCP and click Edit Avatar, Select CUSTOM and then go find it on your computer.

The max size is 50 x 50 pixels which is why they are tiny.....

I have posted your photos to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket (its free and easy)

I may play around with your pics tomorrow when I get to work.. but for tonight here they are.. THEY ARE GREAT!

Margi and TracyK congrats on your second fill!!!!!!!!!!

I took my two month pics tonight and I will crop them down tomorrow and make some sense of them.... but for right now my family is missing me... and dbf is pouty because he burned the chicken on the grill and I can not eat it (tooooooo dry)

GOOD NIGHT!

INTRODUCING MISS CUTEYPATOOTY! our very own MDRI = Michelle!

michelleavi2.jpg

Before and Down 25! What a cutey pie!!!!!!

mdriB4a.jpgmdridown25a.jpg

Congrats Michelle-Fabulous pics...you are really looking good mama!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: MICHELLE:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: